• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, but why not just buy a lightly used 1199 or S1000RR?

For 15k you can buy a base model S1000RR or a ZX10 w/ABS and those are the top dogs nowadays. That is a lot of money to worry about Kawi 636s or Daytona 675s. Hell a GSXR750 would eat it alive and those sell brand new for 10k everyday

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice, but why not just buy a lightly used 1199 or S1000RR?

Barring the Bonneville Salt Flats I don't know if there's anywhere, even on a track, you can come close to harnessing these bikes power. With the 899 you can at least somewhat come close. I mean it is making the power of literbikes from maybe 15 years ago? It easily outpowers a 999 and comes damn close to a 1098 (obv w/o the midrange). Probably appreciably cheaper to run and insure too. This thing's got 2x the power of my bike now, 1199 has got damn near 3. I think this would be enough.

1199's SSSA and LED headlights are pretty damn cool though.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barring the Bonneville Salt Flats I don't know if there's anywhere, even on a track, you can come close to harnessing these bikes power. With the 899 you can at least somewhat come close. I mean it is making the power of literbikes from maybe 15 years ago? It easily outpowers a 999 and comes damn close to a 1098 (obv w/o the midrange). Probably appreciably cheaper to run and insure too. This thing's got 2x the power of my bike now, 1199 has got damn near 3. I think this would be enough.

You really need to ride...really ride a literbike. Might change your outlook

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that you can't really dot that to a 600 class bike really either on the street except maybe on the highway. The only bike I ever had pinned to full throttle street riding ever was my Ninja 250. Maybe I am not daring enough.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been full throttle on both a middleweight and a literbike on the street but probably been fastest on my 636 (while running with a pack of literbikes). It's a surreal experience that I will probably never ever do again...on the street. I prefer sweeping curves and switchbacks now

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I have taken my 650 up to like 120 on the highway... its boring. I like the twisties way more, and having 3x the HP wouldn't really enhance those.

If I lived near a fast track like Road Atlanta or VIR or something I'd def consider a liter bike one day... but I just have CMP here which is like 2 miles long. Might as well have a go kart

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

epb

Reaction score

RideApart is pretty much the best-written website about motorcycles right now.

As an aside, I had a "life in the big city" moment today. Came home on the CBR to see a ticket stuck to my NT650 - yep, someone stole the plates off it sometime today, and the Dept. of Revenue caught it almost immediately (I'm wondering if they actually saw the guy take it!). The replacement will cost $26, but I should be able to get the ticket waived. Fortunately they left the CB400 alone...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddammit, they didn't have my size in those belstaff pants after all.

:censored:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a dealership (it's a BMW/Duc/Yamaha/Harley dealer) yesterday with my g/f and without my gear in order to compare/contrast the Streetfighter and the Panigale. Panigale has a lower seat height, is slimmer and actually seemed more comfortable. Everything is slim on that thing including the upper fairing. The entire package felt oddly right. They had a white one on display that looked like it was primed and ready for a coat of paint. I have always thought that red bikes were too flashy but red is definitely the way to go

SF-S_2011_R_%5B1067x600%5D.jpg

2013-Ducati-1199-Panigale-arctic-white-04.jpg

Then the guy led me over to the BMW S1000RR. Can you say plush? That thing is a Barcalounger compared to the Ducs

2013-bmw-s1000rr-blackbmw-s1000rr-black-picture-bmw-wallpapers-and-hd-images-er87zh2r.jpg

Yes I know with those headlights it looks like a special needs bike but dammit I t felt great at 0 mph. I really don't want to get another i-4 (yet) so this one is out yet all hat power plus heated grips. Heated grips? lol Salesman told me to bring my gear later on this week so I could take them all out and get a feel for each one of them.

Wonderful

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to a dealership (it's a BMW/Duc/Yamaha/Harley dealer) yesterday with my g/f and without my gear in order to compare/contrast the Streetfighter and the Panigale. Panigale has a lower seat height, is slimmer and actually seemed more comfortable. Everything is slim on that thing including the upper fairing. The entire package felt oddly right. They had a white one on display that looked like it was primed and ready for a coat of paint. I have always thought that red bikes were too flashy but red is definitely the way to go
SF-S_2011_R_%5B1067x600%5D.jpg
2013-Ducati-1199-Panigale-arctic-white-04.jpg
Then the guy led me over to the BMW S1000RR. Can you say plush? That thing is a Barcalounger compared to the Ducs
2013-bmw-s1000rr-blackbmw-s1000rr-black-picture-bmw-wallpapers-and-hd-images-er87zh2r.jpg
Yes I know with those headlights it looks like a special needs bike but dammit I t felt great at 0 mph. I really don't want to get another i-4 (yet) so this one is out yet all hat power plus heated grips. Heated grips? lol Salesman told me to bring my gear later on this week so I could take them all out and get a feel for each one of them. Wonderful
I know what you mean - I think Ducati has made massive progress on streetability of their sportbikes, but the S1000RR still takes the lead. I am still debating between another MTS 1200 (it is just that good), an HP4 or something else. The practical part of me favors the MTS.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiranandanihospital