• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There will come a point, friends, when the 'punk-to-scooterboy' discussion will lose its connection to 'mod to suedehead'. I'm not saying stop, because you're keeping the thread alive. I'm just saying be aware.
I always thought that the scooter boy image was far more Skin influenced. Yes there wasn't a great tolerance for Mods but overall, the style and the music influence was Skin from what l observed , in particular with the hairstyle , the boots , the army greens and the music. .
In fairness though , there were all sorts of scooter boys . I recall seeing one group who had gone for the mark 2 Dexys look with the little ponytail at the back and the boxers boots etc.

andyf

Reaction score
So if you asked the guy with the parka or the one wearing the flight jacket in the background "are you a skin", would they have said yes or no?
So if you asked the guy with the parka or the one wearing the flight jacket in the background "are you a skin", would they have said yes or no?
I would have said yes. Think the guy in the parka just likes army surplus. And trying to mix it up a bit. Because it was more clear cut they were still skins in the scene at the beginning. But by 85 when I got into it they had all gone. Most skins generally were gone by 82. I hung on for another 18 months before I grew my hair etc. But I was quite alone where I lived.

benj84

Reaction score
Ian brown in his early scooter years

7954b569752aa46beb59aa1f8bfc97f6.jpg

andyf

Reaction score
Nice one , Andy . Look very typical from what l can remember ,there was always congregating at some damn good bar and you can even see a guy with one of those flying jaikets l mentioned earlier (in the second photo ) , l think they had been popularised by someone in U2 or maybe it was Teardrop Explodes not sure now , it was a while ago. .
Teardrop explodes Julian cope wore the flight jacket.

TomMc666

Reaction score
In Ralph Lauren Outlet in Orlando the other night, and a bit of a co-incidence but flight jackets, parkas and field jackets all over the mens department.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Ralph Lauren Outlet in Orlando the other night, and a bit of a co-incidence but flight jackets, parkas and field jackets all over the mens department.

Tom, how are the flight jackets? Have an outlet near me’s why I ask.

TomMc666

Reaction score
They didnt look too bad to be honest, had them in navy, green and black. Hope you're well. I've a 30% off voucher - valid 18th November- I can send on if you want it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads