• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! I remember ordering stuff from Frank over the phone when I was a kid, but since I lived in Michigan I never met him. I didn't know what he did after the shop closed, so thanks for the information.
Yep, I remember Two Tone as well. I don't think I ever bought anything from them though. They sent out catalogs of their stuff I used to get. I don't know what 99x is though.

Never shopped at Two-Tone but my (now)wife's best friend designed a couple t-shirts for them.
99X, used them a few times when going to Oi! gigs in NYC. Good little shop.

Aces and Eights

Reaction score
Not an original but from what ive seen and read elastic X shaped clip on braces were worn, usually slim, and at the back they was clipped on further apart not like a Y what seems to be fashionable with skins today.

DJ you are exactly right - thats how we were in 69. also only plain colours - no patterns - usually 1/2 inch wide

TomMc666

Reaction score
Supposedly 1969, perhaps later? never seen it before.

QqY6YJX.jpg
Its Southend in early 1979, Julie, Bev and Toni on the right.... Think this is part of a set by Derek Ridgers.... it was a good day out

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Yeah, I think exceptions such as the Leicester Square lot aside, most revivalists from 1977-81 had a good look going, even if they added minor punk elements.

For me, the cut-off point would be about 1983 when
1) skintight jeans replaced Levi's 501
2) MA1, combat trousers and other paramilitary garb obliterated almost everything else (I know these were worn before, but usually balanced with less militaristic items)
3) everything just started looking bald, olive green and scruffy.

Last edited:

LeviStubbsTears

Reaction score
Yeah, I think exceptions such as the Leicester Square lot aside, most revivalists from 1977-81 had a good look going, even if they added minor punk elements.

For me, the cut-off point would be about 1983 when
1) skintight jeans replaced Levi's 501
2) MA1, combat trousers and other paramilitary garb obliterated almost everything else (I know these were worn before, but usually balanced with less militaristic items)
3) everything just started looking bald, olive green and scruffy.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think a lot of the revivalists had a better look than a lot of the originals. The reason for this is they had all the inspiration already, and were able to either distill the strongest features of the look or to be syncretic and add other elements that complement well. The pitfalls that occurred (and still occur) is either boiling a few elements down to a caricature or going the other direction and just losing focus on the look completely.

Anyone used these? nice to see large black and white gingham check.

http://www.modshopping.com/classic-black-white-check-shirt/

I'm a fan of large check Gingham. If you give it a try give us a review. Did a bit of browsing around the site and saw they're based in Thailand. If I were you I'd test it out their quality on a smaller item like that shirt before dropping much money.

PS. Lurking the customer gallery a lot of those geezers could use your advice on simplicity, a tailor and a bit of advice on what's age appropriate.

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
I'm a fan of large check Gingham. If you give it a try give us a review. Did a bit of browsing around the site and saw they're based in Thailand. If I were you I'd test it out their quality on a smaller item like that shirt before dropping much money.

That makes me kind of hesitant in a way.

Ive been looking for trousers again which may be OK as sta prest alternatives, not considering the usual suspects like the brooks brothers clark chino, im wondering if any american fellas/lasses have come across these wrangler ''wrancher'' dress pants, while they have jean style pockets they are high waisted which is a plus considering a lot of sta prest styled trousers look mid to low waist( the charles tyrwhitt slim non irons look kind of mid rise to me too, if anyone could tell me how high they go it would be appreciated) the crease on these is meant to be pretty durable too, perhaps they may be worth trying out seeing as they are not massively expensive?

00082PT_1_lg.jpg

Bela Kun

Reaction score
the charles tyrwhitt slim non irons look kind of mid rise to me too, if anyone could tell me how high they go it would be appreciated)

My 34 waist Charles Thyrwitt trousers have an 11 inch rise. Mind that I deliberately went one waist size up, which means I can pull them up even higher if I'm wearing braces.

Last edited:

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
My 34 waist Charles Thyrwitt trousers have an 11 inch rise. Mind that I deliberately got one waist size up, which means I can pull them up even higher if I'm wearing braces.

That does not sound too bad cheers, will prob get some brooks bros clarks off ebay first, are the creases still holding up on the ct trousers?

Bela Kun

Reaction score
They are. I have a pair in navy and another one in 'silver grey' (off-white really), and I've been very happy with both.

LeviStubbsTears

Reaction score
im wondering if any american fellas/lasses have come across these wrangler ''wrancher'' dress pants, while they have jean style pockets...
These area a REALLY common site out here in the Wild West, and I don't think they're really what you're looking for. They're 100% polyester and decidedly "cowboy" looking. That is a nice color though.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads