• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Kors

rflatly

Reaction score
What can you tell me about the Michael Kors line of clothing? Is it quality? How much is too much to pay for one of their suits?

KevinR

Reaction score
There has been a few posts about Kors. You might want to do a search. Opinions aren't the highest around here on his clothes.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
They have Kors at my local Dillard's. It looks okay, but it doesn't sell very well. It's not unusual for it to be marked down early in the season. The prospect of trying it out on the cheap could be an enticement to get some.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about the suits, but the rest seems about on par with Kenneth Cole or CK. Not very interesting design so I haven't paid attention.

mrprlover

Reaction score
I would also place it with the likes of Kenneth Cole, perhaps a little pricier. I can't attest to the quality per se, but I've purchased a few pieces at steep discounts. Can't remember if it was Macy's? though.

It doesn't seem to sell quite well, though some of it looks nice. If you see something you like, wait until it goes down half, and then pick it up once it moves to the "additional 40% off" section.

e

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you also have to remember that there are two lines:

"michael by michael kors" is the lower end entry line (which is what is suspect dillard's sells) and "michael kors" is the higher end fashion line which i think you'll find at saks etc.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yes, was just going to point out what hermes said. Michael Kors stuff is quite nice by my eye and generally well made (although sometimes overpriced by location of creation). "Michael Michael Kors" is crap, that is in line with Kenneth Cole, et al.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess it just seems kind of watered down to me, like BR or KC. I prefer either really out there or classic, nothing namby pamby. Then again I haven't seen a full line of their better stuff.

geosync

Reaction score
I have a few of the Michael by Michael Kors shirts, that I really like. 2-ply 100s cotton, slim fit, split yoke, horizontal buttonholes on the gauntlet. Plastic buttons, I think, but they are made to look like MOP. I get them for under $25 at the local closeout store. Just have to watch out, some of the models have a big M on the pocket, I avoid those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads