• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of DB, popped into SuitSupply and saw this interesting piece:

P6940_1.jpg

Made with a E. Thomas wool/cashmere mix.

I've typically stayed away from their tailoring, but this is a pretty nice piece (if the trousers had higher-rise double forward pleats, would be an insta kop).

Also, the SA said their MTM turnaround is 2-3 weeks, which seems ludicrously fast.
I got something done in 3 weeks last October. BTW, if you insist, you can get higher-rise, double forward pleats and wider leg opening in their MTM. I did exactly that.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
passed by Bloomingdale’s today decide to take a peek, surprise to see Isaia there now
Also while I was there tried one of theses DB coat (not the camel one think that one fits bigger/more flowing)

They fit well not sure if the most heavy duty given relative lightweight

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also while I was there tried one of theses DB coat (not the camel one think that one fits bigger/more flowing)

They fit well not sure if the most heavy duty given relative lightweight

They're pretty nice coats. The polyamide probably has two advantages:

1. Keeps the price down; and

2. Makes it a sturdier fabric (i.e. workhorse fabric).

By comparison, these Purple Label coats are probably quite soft:

And here's Brioni's take:

$15k CAD (or 11k USD) is a lot of money...

lockstock

Reaction score
On the topic of coats, I've been wondering if a light wool coat is a practical idea for a temperate climate (30-50F) with a lot of rainy/drizzly days or is sticking to padded trench coats/technical fabrics the best course?

Hierophantic

Reaction score
On the topic of coats, I've been wondering if a light wool coat is a practical idea for a temperate climate (30-50F) with a lot of rainy/drizzly days or is sticking to padded trench coats/technical fabrics the best course?
Wool is a fantastic temperature regulator and water-resistant to boot, especially if you apply a waterproofing spray like Saphir Invulner. I would always rather have a closet with a wool coat than a cotton/synthetic jacket unless we're talking (1) consistent, heavy rains or (2) cold so intense that you need technical fabrics to deal with it.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john.vej