• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

catchh

Reaction score
I can see the appeal in that sense.

For me, what always attracted me to MH was that it was quality made basics without the fuss of any branding. Eventually MH will step away at some point, and I worry they may steer more into this type of direction of branding. Or maybe I am just overthinking. We’ll see I guess.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean I agree that is the appeal of Howell to me as well.
It's been like that for 50+ years and I can't imagine it changing at all, even after she has completely stepped away (I think she has largely stepped away from Menswear at this point already).
This is the furtherest thing from overt branding while still being branding though.
I see it as being in the same vein as the contrast stitch on the back that MHL items have. It's there but it's as minimal as it could be.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aw24 new arrivals online!
Heavy Cord 8 Wale in Nutmeg is back!!
They've made a pair of Brace Button Trousers out of the fabric:

margaret-howell-men-aw24-brace-button-trouser-heavy-cord-8-wale-nutmeg-back.jpg

I wonder if they're also going to make a Blouson similar to the MO25 out of it?

131945911_10158708214699323_3996677801796719392_n.jpg

sandmountain

Reaction score
Anyone here subscribe to Blackbird Spyplane and know who this is?

An emerging designer who worked under Margaret Howell, broke off to do his own line, and just launched a webshop to make the clothes readily coppable. His latest collection includes some of the coolest shorts & jackets we’ve seen in a minute.

clemboo70

Reaction score
Some bad news - The sale shop in York is shutting down. Popped in on Saturday and the staff told me. The new MD wants to get out of the outlet game. That's it for the North of England. There wasn't much stock and sizes, apparently most of it has been shipped to the sale shop at Margaret St. Gutted!

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some bad news - The sale shop in York is shutting down. Popped in on Saturday and the staff told me. The new MD wants to get out of the outlet game. That's it for the North of England. There wasn't much stock and sizes, apparently most of it has been shipped to the sale shop at Margaret St. Gutted!
Really sorry to hear this. I preferred purchasing from York over Margaret St as the staff there were so helpful.

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lupin 3

Votes: 6 18.8%