• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4054.jpeg
IMG_4058.jpeg
IMG_4059.jpeg

milkbaby

Reaction score
you’re not standing out with that fit anymore than the guys you’re calling out, and maybe that’s your intention, but I do think you should size up on the shirt. You’re a smaller guy with very little shape on your torso, so why emphasize that?

I think you hit the nail on the head as to why the foofit doesn't work well. If he was broad shouldered with a big chest like The Rock/Dwayne Johnson, then the skinny shirt with loose sweat pants would feel visually balanced. Unfortunately, foo is more like a stick of ChapStick shaped and like you said, his choice of shirt isn't flattering to his body.

MeatFish

Reaction score
I don’t totally love this
Love the individual pieces in particular the jacket, but sloped shoulders extenuated probably isn’t great aesthetics. Also, looking for help pairing the outfit with diff shoes. The lookbook was styled with white sneakers with a gum sole but I haven’t found a pair I really love.

Sleeves down and up…here I guess I was forcing a Robert Geller look with bomber silhouette.

View attachment 2241661

View attachment 2241663
I think this works great as is, minus the boots, but it sounds like you’ve already got that figured out. beat up white sneakers or loafers would be my first pick

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those the Nonnative by Officine Generale side zip boots from a while back? Man, I still kick myself for not having bought a pair then.
Yes! I had a grey pair that were really hard to work into fits, then a few months ago these popped up for cheap on yahoo Japan. Been into them since the old Synthese fits.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is a bit of a sad comment, Foo.

This is not some weird kinda competition for me. I like clothes, which is the whole point of this forum.

If you're gonna turn this thread into some weird shaming mission because of your own insecurities then I guess you win. I've no intention in partaking in any of that bullshit.

If you want to post and talk about clothes I'm always down for that, anything else and I will get bored and sign out.

symphvaria

Reaction score

This is not some weird kinda competition for me. I like clothes, which is the whole point of this forum.

If you're gonna turn this thread into some weird shaming mission because of your own insecurities then I guess you win. I've no intention in partaking in any of that bullshit.

If you want to post and talk about clothes I'm always down for that, anything else and I will get bored and sign out.
Talking about clothes with Foo is not even that fun to begin with because his approach to clothing has always been to reduce aspects of clothes down to some sort of pseudoscientific drivel that conforms to his (and no one else’s) worldview and use that to calculate the best possible or most ideal outfit in a given scenario, or to alternatively be used as an “objective” and “irrefutable” argument as to why someone else’s outfit is bad. It’s such a drab and dull way to look at clothing.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You know what, looking back, you’ve been on the much more constructive / respectful side of things. I apologize. My post was ill-spirited and reflected my annoyance and frustration with others, not you. I should do a better job of tracking who is saying what and, regardless, I should avoid eye-for-an-eye impulses.

So, again, I really do sincerely apologize.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leatheromantic