• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manila Tailor

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Cornell's and Tino's (I guess not Secret Armory anymore) are worth checking out. A Bespoke suit at $700 on the low end is getting up there, relative to the labor though. Will check out the wares in person though.

I can't believe there are suit wearers there since it's SO hot!

Interesting that shoes are gaining popularity too... What's 'trendy' now there? Trying to figure out gifts...

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I think I'll check out Tino's and Cornell's for suiting and Sapatero for shoes. Do you know if they are receptive to visits to check out their wares?

I also found Signet (I think previously Lost+Found) and it looks like a shop worth checking out?

Are all these 4 shops close by where I can see them within a half day? I know traffic can be notorious so I want to be efficient.

Maxe716

Reaction score
Hi sir,
Any one of you guys tried the manila haberdasher recently? (Leandro/alejandro). Planning to have a tux for my wedding. Really apreciate feedbacks. Thak you.

Maxe716

Reaction score
Why not sir? Is he that busy? I aready talk to hm in his condo the other day and he needs 8-10 months(if i remeber correct) to make my tux. Sir pls reply to my new thread if piana is better than english wool, leandro recommends piana, while prince albert recomds english wool. I have no knowledge regarding suits and needs your expertise. Thak u sir.

asintado08

Reaction score
It seems that everyone here loves Cornell's. I called him this week and he quoted me 10k+ for a three piece suit for a polyester wool and additional 3k+ for a italian fabric. He quoted me less than 10k if I will provide the fabric. I would like to know the best fabric for a suit and is there a place here in PH where I could buy it? I read about Kamuning market and Binondo. The problem is I don't know where to go in Binondo. Do you guys have any idea on how much per yard? How about shopping malls?

I am a very tall and very big man. Around 140 kilos, I'm reading about suit design. I don't think ready made suit will look good on me.

Another question, where to buy dress shoes in Manila?

Maxe716

Reaction score
Sir asntado08, galing ako mega last week. Saw a fabric store tpos naginquire ako, papagawa dn kc ako ng suit. Sbi ni ate, they sell ferregamo cashmere wool yung daw yung italian nila, 1.5k per yard. Mern din england cashmere mas mura. Pero syempre cgurado mas mura sa kamuning and divisoria.

Bonggoy

Reaction score
w

Sir whats RTFF means? Any suggestions for my tux? Prie range 20k to 30k more or less. Heard tino is good but pricey.
Read The Fin Forum. More appropriately, peruse this thread.

In any case, from what I read, Manila Haberdasher had problems delivering products on time, maybe at all. This issues started happening right around he started getting good press. His communication was spotty at best. Ask him about this. His answer will determine if you want to do business with him or not.

It seems wearing tux is en vogue to Filipino nowadays. I see pictures of young Filipino males wearing tux a lot. Save for one or two, I haven't seen one that looks good. If I were you, I will go for the more traditional hand embroidered Pina Barong. Classic and always looks good. That will probably set you back 15K or less.

kevinyapjoco

Reaction score
It seems that everyone here loves Cornell's. I called him this week and he quoted me 10k+ for a three piece suit for a polyester wool and additional 3k+ for a italian fabric. He quoted me less than 10k if I will provide the fabric. I would like to know the best fabric for a suit and is there a place here in PH where I could buy it? I read about Kamuning market and Binondo. The problem is I don't know where to go in Binondo. Do you guys have any idea on how much per yard? How about shopping malls?

I am a very tall and very big man. Around 140 kilos, I'm reading about suit design. I don't think ready made suit will look good on me.

Another question, where to buy dress shoes in Manila?

Sir asntado08, galing ako mega last week. Saw a fabric store tpos naginquire ako, papagawa dn kc ako ng suit. Sbi ni ate, they sell ferregamo cashmere wool yung daw yung italian nila, 1.5k per yard. Mern din england cashmere mas mura. Pero syempre cgurado mas mura sa kamuning and divisoria.

Don't believe what the sellers tell you. It is certainly not made by Ferragamo or whatever brand you can see on the selvedge of the fabric. It is not made in England or Italy either. That Php 1,500 per yard fabric is Php 900 in Kamuning and Php 300 in Binondo. For the price you are paying it is most likely made in China. It's all polyester wool blends, mostly polyester thus the low price. I've written about having suits made and buying fabrics on my blog quite a bit. The information is out there if you are willing to do your due diligence.

asintado08

Reaction score
Don't believe what the sellers tell you. It is certainly not made by Ferragamo or whatever brand you can see on the selvedge of the fabric. It is not made in England or Italy either. That Php 1,500 per yard fabric is Php 900 in Kamuning and Php 300 in Binondo. For the price you are paying it is most likely made in China. It's all polyester wool blends, mostly polyester thus the low price. I've written about having suits made and buying fabrics on my blog quite a bit. The information is out there if you are willing to do your due diligence.
I read your blog. Any particular store in Binondo?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First time poster here, but I've been "dappering" up my wardrobe since last year, being addicted to fashion blogs as of late. First of all, props to @acidboy for his excellent input and help in this thread and special thanks to @kevinyapjoco for his blog, bespokemanblog.com and your wisdom to enlighten us "dapper newbies".

Onto the questions. After learning what I can about suits, blazers, fabric, and getting the coveted "perfect fit", what I would like to ask is that:

1.) I don't really go to formal events, so I'm pretty happy with an unstructured blazer (keeping the weather here in mind). I would like to know the opinions of UNIQLO's no lining suits (the ones that are going for P2,400 if I'm not mistaken), as they seem comfy and fashionable enough for everyday use.

2.) Being a fan of double-breasted blazers, besides Mango, where else could I find an unstructured double-breasted blazer?

3.) Since most blazers and suit jackets here have a high polyester blend, I'm thinking of getting a custom-tailored, unstructured blazer. Is it worth it?

4.) If #3 is a resounding no, can I just get the blazers that I want, have them altered, and get the lining changed by a tailor using the fabric of my choice and

5.) I know this is a suit thread, but I would like to know what are your opinions concerning Hickok and McJim leather briefcases.

Many thanks to everyone and keep it sharp!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads