• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kiton sample sale going on at Soiffer Haskin. Today was 75% off of retail, and I imagine it'll be 85% on Wednesday when it closes. From what I saw, a lot of sport coats, outerwear and accessories. Shoe and shirt selection were mediocre. Suit and accessory selection were poor. Nothing above a three fold tie.

I also got into an argument with the annoying woman who worked there that really soured my desire to give those people any money.

Me - "Can you point me in the direction of the 40 longs?"
Her - "No one wears long anymore. Very out of style. Who wears a long?"
Me - "Someone who is 6'4" and wants clothing to fit him."

Then she got all mouthy. I've been to many sample sales in my life--her behavior was honestly a bit shocking.

anything worth spending money on there?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are zero. It jumped from 48 R to 50 R. I combed through all three racks containing 50 in hopes of finding the secret 50 L, which never happened. Last day is Weds at 5 PM if my memory isn't failing me.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of Isaia at Century 21 WTC. Staple suits were $1200 and many included the Isaia wooden hanger. Seemed to be a lot of sizes.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marinella ties for 99 at myhabit

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woolrich Sample Sale in NYC is stocked way better than previous ones Got a $3000 Made In Italy Loro Piana Storm System Parka for $350 McNairy derbys and boots for $200 All fur parkas $350 (most made in eastern europe or china) Tons of MIUSA blanket coats, shirt jackets
Being a good neighbor.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How's Loro Piana sample sale (past experience tells me not much discount but I can always hope)

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@clee1982 I thought Loro Piana was pretty terrible. Most stuff is 30% off retail, and the bolts were INSANELY expensive. The retail price on the bolts seems to be double what I'd pay at a tailor. Some cool stuff, but the price point is just way off. I've also never seen Soifer Haskin so popular, so there was that.

Conversely, the Maiyet sample sale that ended today was insanely good. Bought stuff for my girlfriend and mother. $600 tops for $12.50. No typo.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@clee1982 I thought Loro Piana was pretty terrible. Most stuff is 30% off retail, and the bolts were INSANELY expensive. The retail price on the bolts seems to be double what I'd pay at a tailor. Some cool stuff, but the price point is just way off. I've also never seen Soifer Haskin so popular, so there was that.

Conversely, the Maiyet sample sale that ended today was insanely good. Bought stuff for my girlfriend and mother. $600 tops for $12.50. No typo.

glad I didn't waste my time then, I should pay more attention to women's sample sale to keep my wife happy though, good call my friend

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice slowear sample sale (Incotex, Montedoro, Glanshirt, Zanone) at 501 Madison btw 52 and 53, 24th floor. Decent selection of sample sizes (lots of 34 pants, 48 and 50 jackets) and lots of shirts. Cashier is also super cute.
Do you know what time they close or where I could get the information?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads