• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I lived in NY. I'm in the market for a good weekend bag, and Ghurka is highly recommended. I just don't want to drop what they're asking for retail. Sale sounds great.

bullethead

Reaction score
I was there around 9:30 am and found a nice document pouch without the logo stamp for 55 dollars. Also picked up a wallet for 50 dollars and a flask for 65. I also purchased a nice wallet for my sister for $98-down from 395.

Spoke to a SA who told me the sale after next is the Tourneau sale. Everything except Rolex will supposedly be represented.

Christ, that's all I need. May be a good time to christen that flask...

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C21: Size 40R Z Zegna Cashmere sportscoats, reduced to $400 from $1100. Fit more like a 38/39. Boxy cut, heavily roped shoulders, double-stitched pocket flaps and shoulder detail. Three on the rack at 8:30AM this morning, one heathered grey glen plaid, the other two a navy/grey blend.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
Maybe I missed it in this thread, but where is the Ghurka sale located? TIA

Ghurka Sale
317 W 33rd St @ Eighth Ave
Wednesday, Sept 5 thru Friday, Sept 7

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOIFFER"¢HASKIN
Cordially invites you to a private sale of Famous Brand Name Watches*
(New and Pre-Owned)

Also a selection of Designer & Estate Jewelry and Sunglasses

Up to 70% Off

Saturday, Sept. 15th through Thursday, Sept. 20th
9:00am to 6:30pm Daily

To be held at:
Soiffer Haskin
317 West 33rd Street, NYC
(Just west of 8th Avenue)

Must have Photo ID to enter Building - ???

Credit Cards Only
(American Express, Visa or MasterCard)
All Sales Final.

Strollers not allowed. No children under 12 will be admitted.
* Excludes Rolex and Patek Philippe -
plain.gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Soiffer is having another Loro Piana sale. Prices are usually unremarkable although there are a few good deals. I'll go near the end.

LORO PIANA

WOMEN'S & MEN'S
EXQUISITE CASHMERE KNITWEAR,
OUTERWEAR, ACCESSORIES AND CLOTHING

Also available:
Bolts of cashmere and wool fabrics for suits, jackets and outerwear.
\t

SUNDAY, SEPT. 30th through WEDNESDAY, OCT. 3rd
Sunday through Tuesday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
Wednesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
\t

To be held at:
SOIFFER HASKIN
317 West 33rd Street, NYC
(Just west of 8th Avenue)

mikeynyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DuffAnderson
filenes is having their suit sale. $50-200 off until sept. 24th. i've seen zegna, canalli and oxxford in the stores in the past couple of months. not sure what the stock is like now but worth a look.

rcjr

just got an email with a 20% off coupon for Filenes. Anyone know if this works on top of the current suit sale discount?

also

Anyone have opinions which Filenes in NYC currently has a better suit selection for a 40s or 40R range?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeynyc
just got an email with a 20% off coupon for Filenes. Anyone know if this works on top of the current suit sale discount?

also

Anyone have opinions which Filenes in NYC currently has a better suit selection for a 40s or 40R range?

No, coupon doesn't work with the sale. Sometimes they'll use it on clearance items, but not always.

I think Union Square has the best stock, but 6th avenue occasionally gets some nice things. Very hit or miss.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Filene's Union Square, they have a bunch of Canali stuff right now. Pants ($200), sportcoats ($600), suits ($1000) and outerwear ($1000, some leather). Prices are not phenomenal, but with the 20% coupon, and with the benefit of being able to try things on, I think there are some good deals to be had. Unfortunately very little in 38. Mostly in 40/42 it looked like.

Avers

Reaction score
I was at TJ Maxx over the weekend and found some nice ties:

- red Kiton for $7
- Altea for $5
- Charvet for $15

Kiton and Charvet had Bloomingdale's price labels on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads