• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

msart84

Reaction score
I was at Tretorn in Soho today because I've been wanting a pair of nylites for a while. 30% off the entire store. Also no tax. According to the lady who helped me, a new law passed which states that there is no sales tax on purchases in NYS on items less than $100. Anyone else familiar with this?

Essential

Reaction score
^ If you're looking for deals on Tretorn, check out the: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/c...294+20~~~20+16+4294967165~15~~~~~~~/41944.jsp and http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...294+20~~~20+16+4294967165~15~~~~~~~/62518.jsp , use discount code LOVEIT and you can cop a pair for $38.50 (don't know if it's cheaper at the Tretorn brick and mortar store though).

And yes, for items under $110, tax-free!! Read: http://ny.racked.com/archives/2012/...thing_and_shoes_under_110_abolished_again.php

Last edited:

styless

Reaction score
Barney's has sale on men's shoes. You can buy them online. Saw a couple of C & J Westbournes for 419. Hurry

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both Barneys and Bergdorf Goodman currently have 30 to 40% off lots of stuff - including shoes. I was at both stores yesterday and it was worth going (as long as you are aware of their usual $$$ full prices).

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soiffer is doing Ralph Lauren this week. Last year there was a decent amount of Purple Label shirts and ties but it was gone fast. I picked up a shirt and the cashmere unlined tie with the prince of wales check, IIRC.

MEN'S & WOMEN'S
LUXURY APPAREL & ACCESSORIES
Cruise, Spring and Summer Collections

MONDAY, JUNE 4th through THURSDAY, JUNE 7th
Monday through Wednesday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm

To be held at:
Soiffer Haskin
317 West 33rd Street, NYC
(Just west of 8th Avenue)

CREDIT CARDS ONLY
(American Express, Visa or MasterCard)
All Sales Final.
No strollers allowed. No children under 12 will be admitted.

For more information, call: (718) 747-1656, Monday through Friday: 9am to 6pm.

I also got a postcard for the Cucinelli sample sale this week as well. I think my 2-year old stashed it somewhere. If I can ever find it I'll post the info. Usually 60% off Monday-Wednesday, going to 80 or 85% at the end of the week. The fall sale wasn't as good as the previous spring sale, IMO.

Last edited:

freddych

Reaction score
I went to the RL sale and was among the first group of people let in. Prices are 65% off of retail prices, though they normally drop this by 5-10% per day.

I was only really looking for a few RLBL suits, in 38R or 38S in staple colors or subtle patterns. A few guys about 15 places ahead of me went in and cleaned it out. 2-3 guys that looked like they worked for RL or something, picked up about 3 suits each.Only about 1/4 the number of suits that were at the December sale. RLPL suits in my size were cleared out as well, although at 65% I'm probably priced out.

For those interested in suits, there were a bunch of medium grey double breasted suits in 40+ and a bunch of brown with pinstripes single breasted suits in 40+. I saw a khaki suit or two but they are likely gone by now. Also a few fairly loud grey plaid suits. 38 was pretty much cleared out.

A bunch of RLBL/RLPL shirts. No ties. RRL jeans all over the place as well. I may go back to pick up a white linen shirt for a beach wedding I have coming up if the price drops, but at the current prices I can have CEGO make one for for me.

There were a bunch of shoes as well but I have no interest in RL shoes (other than C&J Marlow) so I didn't look.

Back in December, I picked up 2 suits at 75% off on the first day, so I'm not to bummed about missing out at 65% (the difference is about $220 per suit including tax).

There were a bunch of RLBL denim-ish sport coats. I'll probably go back on the last day and see if I can get one in 38S for 80% (or more) off. Finally, there was a 38S Black RLBL single breasted suit with pinstripes. Looked very nice but just wasn't my style. At 65% off it didn't seem worth it to me to throw it up on B&S, but I may go back in a couple days to see if its still there as I live right around the corner.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about going.

silvercitynyc

Reaction score
I went to the RL sale and was among the first group of people let in. Prices are 65% off of retail prices, though they normally drop this by 5-10% per day.

I was only really looking for a few RLBL suits, in 38R or 38S in staple colors or subtle patterns. A few guys about 15 places ahead of me went in and cleaned it out. 2-3 guys that looked like they worked for RL or something, picked up about 3 suits each.Only about 1/4 the number of suits that were at the December sale. RLPL suits in my size were cleared out as well, although at 65% I'm probably priced out.

For those interested in suits, there were a bunch of medium grey double breasted suits in 40+ and a bunch of brown with pinstripes single breasted suits in 40+. I saw a khaki suit or two but they are likely gone by now. Also a few fairly loud grey plaid suits. 38 was pretty much cleared out.

A bunch of RLBL/RLPL shirts. No ties. RRL jeans all over the place as well. I may go back to pick up a white linen shirt for a beach wedding I have coming up if the price drops, but at the current prices I can have CEGO make one for for me.

There were a bunch of shoes as well but I have no interest in RL shoes (other than C&J Marlow) so I didn't look.

Back in December, I picked up 2 suits at 75% off on the first day, so I'm not to bummed about missing out at 65% (the difference is about $220 per suit including tax).

There were a bunch of RLBL denim-ish sport coats. I'll probably go back on the last day and see if I can get one in 38S for 80% (or more) off. Finally, there was a 38S Black RLBL single breasted suit with pinstripes. Looked very nice but just wasn't my style. At 65% off it didn't seem worth it to me to throw it up on B&S, but I may go back in a couple days to see if its still there as I live right around the corner.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about going.

Was this at the RL stores in NYC?

shoeguyjhu

Reaction score
RL@Soiffer NYC: The description above is accurate, although prices were reduced to 70% today. Small selection of sport coats and suits, mostly RLBL and RRL. All of the 36 is gone from what I could see. Didn't see any ties but I may have missed them. Somewhat better selection of knitwear and shirts, but overall much smaller than the December sale.

freddych

Reaction score
RL@Soiffer NYC: The description above is accurate, although prices were reduced to 70% today. Small selection of sport coats and suits, mostly RLBL and RRL. All of the 36 is gone from what I could see. Didn't see any ties but I may have missed them. Somewhat better selection of knitwear and shirts, but overall much smaller than the December sale.
Prices started at 75% in the last RL sample sale. I think it was in December (maybe January). I won't be back until the last day. Hopefully it will be 80-85% off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads