• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next week? Wasn't this the last episode of the season? When is the new season coming?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Think there's one or two more epis left.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This past Sunday's was the penultimate episode. This coming Sunday is the finale.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wish season finales were 2 hours instead of 1.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

This past Sunday's was the penultimate episode. This coming Sunday is the finale.

I love the word "penultimate." So many people use it synonymously with "ultimate" or "final" it is always nice to see it used properly.

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah. Guilt and desperation aren't the same thing, at least not in western cultures.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit rich, Peggy calling Don a monster...for stopping her from breaking up some family dude's marriage.

The dude who pissed on the floor in the first season needs to come back and get Don into AA. My name is Dick Whitman and I am an alcoholic.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a compilation video of early-Ted floating around anywhere? I don't really remember anything about him before he was Peggy's boss.

In those days Ted saw himself as Don's nemesis. Don just seemed dismissive of him. Both of them came to the conclusion to take some Honda guy out to Benni Honnas(sp?) and Ted seemed quite please of himself that he had the same idea as Don.

I also liked the small touches of last episode, like how Duck had a filing cabinet behind him, indicating that his business and/or stature is too small to warrant him a secretary.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way I saw the episode: Sterling Cooper is now handling Sunkist, not Ocean Spray. It's an account that even Chaough's partner thinks is the better one. It makes up for the Vicks loss which apparently was around the same amount of money. Chaough pushes Peggy on to the juice thinking she will help him control it. Then Draper goes to (hopefully) take Peggy away from Chaough with the aspirin account. I think it was masterful. All season the undertone is how Draper is losing touch and doesn't have the same ideas as the other creative director. Sometimes it's not about winning with the best advertisement. Honestly it reminds me of the Honda incident where SCDP outmaneuvered CGC. Chaough's in his rear view mirror again.

His personal life, on the other hand, is a shambles but when hasn't it been? It just looks good from the surface which is all he (or anyone) cares about.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This season has been quite clear that Don is not as good looking on the surface as he used to be. His whimpering to Silvia, stumbles in the office, getting caught by his daughter, being asked to slow down the drinking by the wife, falling in a pool at a party. The man is cracking and more and more people are seeing it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i feel like he has always been somewhat delusional about how people see him. or he doesnt give a ****. not sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads