• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy, Stitchy. Ted 100% did not crush Don over Heinz. Not even close did Ted crush Don there.

but rather? did they not buy teds idea in the hotel room while don was left holding his dick?

jhilla

Reaction score
Pretty disappointed to see that Glen is growing up to be a non-awkward part of the show. Remember when he used to hit on Betty? Ah, those were the days. Was that the same season Betty was shooting at birds with a cigarette in her mouth?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

but rather? did they not buy teds idea in the hotel room while don was left holding his dick?

Stitch, it was not Ted's idea; it was Peggy's. This is kind of an important thing in the narrative of the show.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stitch, it was not Ted's idea; it was Peggy's. This is kind of an important thing in the narrative of the show.

That, and they didn't buy that idea either. They went with a third agency, hence the reference to joining the "lonely hearts club" when the teams met at the bar.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pretty disappointed to see that Glen is growing up to be a non-awkward part of the show.  Remember when he used to hit on Betty?  Ah, those were the days.  Was that the same season Betty was shooting at birds with a cigarette in her mouth?

lol, that glen was funny, but this glen is much cooler and more normal. and as always, good hearted.

That, and they didn't buy that idea either. They went with a third agency, hence the reference to joining the "lonely hearts club" when the teams met at the bar.

all this is true, but i meant more about how he handled himself in front of/against don. he seemed to lack no confidence and could almost go toe to toe. now he is like a quivering uneasy non-self assured child who doesnt know know what to do every time he finds himself at odds with don. even when don needed ted for sylvias kid, don owned that conversation.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAYBE YOU ARE MISREADING A LOT OF TEDS CHARACTER!!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

all this is true, but i meant more about how he handled himself in front of/against don. he seemed to lack no confidence and could almost go toe to toe. now he is like a quivering uneasy non-self assured child who doesnt know know what to do every time he finds himself at odds with don. even when don needed ted for sylvias kid, don owned that conversation.

Stitch, you said Heinz was "Ted's idea." Again, it was not, and this is sort of an important point. And Ted did not go "toe to toe" with Don over Heinz, Peggy did. She made the pitch, not Ted, while Don pitched for SCDP.

I agree Ted no longer seems like the brash douchebag that phoned Don after he ran that "Why I'm Quitting Tobacco" ad but you made several posts on how Ted is just as creative as Don. He's not; not even close. What Ted did was steal Don's protege and that's an important dynamic in this show.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree Ted no longer seems like the brash douchebag that phoned Don after he ran that "Why I'm Quitting Tobacco" ad but you made several posts on how Ted is just as creative as Don. He's not; not even close. What Ted did was steal Don's protege and that's an important dynamic in this show.

Is there a compilation video of early-Ted floating around anywhere? I don't really remember anything about him before he was Peggy's boss.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Is there a compilation video of early-Ted floating around anywhere? I don't really remember anything about him before he was Peggy's boss.

I've not seen one but I remember that scene where he totally bagged Don with that prank phone call. It was pretty funny, IMO.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linda Cardellini was on the Daily Show last night talking about Mad Men (and looking beautiful). I guess that means we will see more of Sylvia next week.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've not seen one but I remember that scene where he totally bagged Don with that prank phone call. It was pretty funny, IMO.

And Don more than got him back by burning them on the Honda ad.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
:laugh: Yeah, that was far more painful that just a prank phone call. Also awesome was Don writing a repayment cheque out of his own account to the Honda folks and telling them it was dishonorable to have allowed Ted's company to hand in finished product. That was classic Draper.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, you said Heinz was "Ted's idea." Again, it was not, and this is sort of an important point. And Ted did not go "toe to toe" with Don over Heinz, Peggy did. She made the pitch, not Ted, while Don pitched for SCDP.

yes, i certainly mis-stated what i meant, and was off on what happened. the real point is was getting at though i still hold by. which is how he seems utterly unable to compose himself around don, and that did not seem to be an issue for him before the merger.

while the ad idea for heinz was peggys idea, she was afraid to go after it because she only knew about it as a friend of stans, not as a business woman. it was only after teds urging and instance that they need to be somewhat ruthless with the info she came upon, that they contacted heinz and went for the business.

it seems that now that his "competition" with don is no longer as a competing agency, but rather as an equal of sorts, competing for who is who within the company structure, he has kind of lost himself and does not know how to compete in this new situation.

Linda Cardellini was on the Daily Show last night talking about Mad Men (and looking beautiful). I guess that means we will see more of Sylvia next week.

she is a good looking woman. stress on the woman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads