• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
I have a pair of trousers in this fabric; highly recommended. Less ‘woolly’ and a bit more dressy than Minnis flannel while retaining good surface texture.

Same - have 2 pairs, love them - was consider buying some more before the price increase.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a tailor/fit advice thread somewhere but we usually send photos to Luxire and see what they say. Some things won't always come across in photos so you should mention them. For me the first trial pants were tight in the calves when sitting but isn't apparent in standing fit pics. The back on my first two are like yours but totally wearable. Going to send pics and start the third one soon. It's a process. Ask if they can clean up the back.

@luxire is this white chambray 100% cotton? I switched to this since a trial shirt fabric was out but the one I received doesn't look like any chambray I have, plus it has stretch. Kinda like a school uniform material.
Edit: https://luxire.com/products/cotton-plain-white-chambray-400070?variant=6995644420#/

Does anyone have a one piece button down collar (like Kamakura) order I can reference? I sent pics for a trial shirt but it was misinterpreted so the front ends of the collar extends an inch more each than it should be. At least it's afforded us a good laugh

View attachment 1220721

the link says 100% cotton....

what collar is that?..

btw, several of what Lux calls chambray is not chambray

orsetto

Reaction score
the link says 100% cotton....

what collar is that?..

btw, several of what Lux calls chambray is not chambray

Okay, wasn't sure if it's a listing/naming issue or some other mix up since I had to switch from trial shirt fabric that was out of stock. I received some stretchy poplin type fabric. I'll email them once I can access the account.

I got a Regency era inspired button down or BD chef shirt jacket...

Was supposed to be this (Kamakura one piece button down):

Too much overlap of the collar on the one I received. I would appreciate if someone has an order I can reference or I'll just go with the Osaka collar next time.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire will the dugdale 14oz twill flannels also be facing the price increase (like this one)? I assume yes, but just wanted to be sure.
Yes, will increase. Good time to order now. Will see a lot of wear in the coming months.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

AlexRamius

Reaction score
Am I the only one having a hard time getting an answer from Luxire?

So weird, my shirt orders are coming smoothly in time, and some trousers are stuck for months.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
I have currently some communication problems as well. Asked for fit adjustments and provided some picutres for reference and they just told me I should send another pair of pants to them. Since then no answer...

alfredt

Reaction score
Am I the only one having a hard time getting an answer from Luxire?

So weird, my shirt orders are coming smoothly in time, and some trousers are stuck for months.
I have currently some communication problems as well. Asked for fit adjustments and provided some picutres for reference and they just told me I should send another pair of pants to them. Since then no answer...

I have been resending my e-mails every day until they respond. That was the approach somebody earlier in the thread suggested. When they do reply, they reply quite quickly. However if they don’t reply within a couple of hours they don’t seem to reply at all.

Now the quality of the replies is rather low I agree. The first time they told me to start over with my trousers and the second time they just told me they would make my next pair with an ‘improved pattern’ without actually telling me what they would be changing.

Turnaround time for trousers has been consistent at 3-4 weeks for me. Hope the same will be true for the two orders I placed last week.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
@alfredt They told me what they intended to change to the pattern, and I answered that it was ok, but two months later, after three mails, they’re answering that I need to confirm the modifications...

Clearly, production has not started yet (orders are from April and May, three trousers, only one delivered) So I’ve asked to cancel the orders (I’m leaving for august, so I won’t need these linen cotton trousers...) and since a few days, no answers. I hope they’ll come back at me soon.

I have a few shirts to order but I won’t until this issue is resolved...

orsetto

Reaction score
My order second trial trousers and first shirt took about 4 weeks. I expect they take longer about fit questions since they have to ask the pattern people. Sounds like some communication is falling through the cracks. I just want to know how I got the wrong fabric and funky collar. Think it's holiday there now isn't it? Maybe Luxire needs to update the system to flag orders they haven't moved for more than a few weeks so someone there can reach out rather than the customer checking in 2 months later. Hope they get back to all of us soon.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was waiting for albini to respond to Luxire after I requested to know if Lux had a particular cloth......its been over 1 month. ( I had sent Lux a pic of an albini cloth and asked Lux to investigate)

I have since pursued Albini on my own, and have been in contact w/ the NY office.

They dont show Luxire as a buyer..........so I was wondering if Luxire buys direct?.........I want to send Luxire more info on other albini cloths.

The cloth I desired was part of a collection that is now out of stock.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have an old shirt from Suitsupply in an Albini fabric that I’d like Luxire to replicate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads