• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

VL22

Reaction score
I do I indeed believe they meant starting from zero yes, which is why I decided not to go that road.

Did they communicate with you what they would be changing for the second pair?

Yeah i got suggestions for every corrections in inches. Same thing for My third pair however I havent recived them yet.

alfredt

Reaction score
Yeah i got suggestions for every corrections in inches. Same thing for My third pair however I havent recived them yet.

Curious why they appear to be unable or unwilling to do the same for me.

I've decided to order a third pair, once again using my own (tweaked) measurements.
  • Waist and hips will be 0.25" larger for comfort and to reduce the horizontal wrinkling across the seat.
  • Back rise will be reduced by 0.75" to hopefully reduce the creasing and bunching on the back of the thighs. I pinned my second pair of trousers to try this and it appeared to help without causing the rear vertical seam to ride up too much.
  • The thigh will be 0.5" smaller and the knee will be slightly smaller as well.
  • Leg opening will be made slightly wider.
Will post the fit here when the new pair arrives.

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Unless it’s a fabric from a very well known mill I don’t order things anymore without having handled the swatches before. It’s not ideal but definitely worth the hassle in the long run.
How does one order swatches and how much do they cost? Having ordered a pair of blue pants that ended up being purple IRL, I'd like to see the fabric before ordering next time since I would like to avoid my next brown pair being orange...

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one order swatches and how much do they cost? Having ordered a pair of blue pants that ended up being purple IRL, I'd like to see the fabric before ordering next time since I would like to avoid my next brown pair being orange...

Look up extra services on the site. Add the amount you need to your order. Each swatch is 1$. Then email them or put in order details which ones you want. There are certain brands they don’t provide swatches for (mostly the high end stuff).

Daraven

Reaction score
Curious why they appear to be unable or unwilling to do the same for me.

I've decided to order a third pair, once again using my own (tweaked) measurements.
  • Waist and hips will be 0.25" larger for comfort and to reduce the horizontal wrinkling across the seat.
  • Back rise will be reduced by 0.75" to hopefully reduce the creasing and bunching on the back of the thighs. I pinned my second pair of trousers to try this and it appeared to help without causing the rear vertical seam to ride up too much.
  • The thigh will be 0.5" smaller and the knee will be slightly smaller as well.
  • Leg opening will be made slightly wider.
Will post the fit here when the new pair arrives.

I recently ordered my first ever pair. Went with body measurements as this is what they suggested. Can post pictures once the trousers arrive, maybe not a perfect way to judge the new pattern making, as it is not exactly before and after between your and mine pair, but maybe it gives some indication.

Starting over from scratch is of course potentially very costly, but isn't there something to be said about working with the preferred method of the maker, rather than forcing them down a different road? I suppose the best way here would have been them offering some sort of discount or reduction in cost if the result turns out worse.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1214248

Luxire White Poplin 100/2
  • White Poplin 100/2 , 100% Cotton, Egyptian Giza Cotton, 4 Oz
  • Thick Mother-of-pearl buttons
  • Only Luxire offers 1mm Stainless steel collar-stays with all shirts
  • 20 stitches per inch, for the refined look
  • Machine Wash Cold, Tumble Dry
https://luxire.com/products/luxire-white-poplin-100-2?variant=5120228420#/

order no. on this shirt?.....Id like specs on collar..... and whether lined or fused at all.....thnx!

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire ended up offering me a gift card to have the pants tailored locally that were an inch and a half too small in the waist, from a few weeks back. The store credit was not enough to cover all the tailoring costs, but it saved me the hassle from having to pay to send them back and wait for the alterations. Luckily there was enough fabric allowance to let them out to where I needed it, and I just picked them up from my tailor yesterday. All is good and I’m really happy with the fabrics on each of the new pairs! I’m sure I will get years of wear out of these like all my other Luxire pants.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All is good and I’m really happy with the fabrics on each of the new pairs! I’m sure I will get years of wear out of these like all my other Luxire pants.

...but but but you are supposed to be 100% dissatisfied! You're suppose to question Luxire's integrity as a company! Why aren't you recruiting people in this thread to rally behind you in taking Luxire down!?

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire ended up offering me a gift card to have the pants tailored locally that were an inch and a half too small in the waist, from a few weeks back. The store credit was not enough to cover all the tailoring costs, but it saved me the hassle from having to pay to send them back and wait for the alterations. Luckily there was enough fabric allowance to let them out to where I needed it, and I just picked them up from my tailor yesterday. All is good and I’m really happy with the fabrics on each of the new pairs! I’m sure I will get years of wear out of these like all my other Luxire pants.

I am happy for you! Seam allowance FTW.

...but but but you are supposed to be 100% dissatisfied! You're suppose to question Luxire's integrity as a company! Why aren't you recruiting people in this thread to rally behind you in taking Luxire down!?

Clearly he was raised well and have common courtesy.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received an email from Dugdale, announcing upto 46% increase in price of some of the popular fabrics.

They say it is "yarn price" increase, which we will take with a pinch of salt.

Will need to revise prices on all Luxire-Dugdale garments, which would put them on par with Minnis and Fox for many of the offerings.
It does not make sense to us, but, we will see how it goes.

Message from Dugdale:
Please find attached a copy of our new pricelist effective from September 1st 2019.

The international wool market continues to be volatile although the exponential increase in raw unprocessed wool experienced in 2017 has slowed marginally in 2018.

Scarcity of the yarn required for most Dugdale bunches is due to increased demand from emerging markets coupled with a downturn in wool growing in the key production markets, which has also contributed to further price increases.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

WhereNext

Reaction score
Received an email from Dugdale, announcing upto 46% increase in price of some of the popular fabrics.

They say it is "yarn price" increase, which we will take with a pinch of salt.

Will need to revise prices on all Luxire-Dugdale garments, which would put them on par with Minnis and Fox for many of the offerings.
It does not make sense to us, but, we will see how it goes.

Message from Dugdale:
Please find attached a copy of our new pricelist effective from September 1st 2019.

The international wool market continues to be volatile although the exponential increase in raw unprocessed wool experienced in 2017 has slowed marginally in 2018.

Scarcity of the yarn required for most Dugdale bunches is due to increased demand from emerging markets coupled with a downturn in wool growing in the key production markets, which has also contributed to further price increases.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Well, that's terrible. When will Luxire prices be adjusted, if you know? Or will your new pricing take effect on the same day as their September 1st change?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well, that's terrible. When will Luxire prices be adjusted, if you know? Or will your new pricing take effect on the same day as their September 1st change?

Ideally from September 1st. But, from a logistics point-of-view, We will start updating the prices now.
Needs co-ordination among different people. There are some fabrics we have in-house and we will want our customers to continue benefiting from them.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Got my first order from Luxire. I see some smaller adjustments like the waist and some more room in the back and I will be really happy. If you have further adjustments I should take let me know :)

The picture of the back looks way worse than the pants fit from my opinion.
The fabric is light tan twill chino.

I will definitely order the next pair soon

Attachments

• 45837586-D1B8-4F35-886A-2C96C8648F30.jpeg
    45837586-D1B8-4F35-886A-2C96C8648F30.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 182
  • E2752E66-A854-4258-AFB4-F2891362D7F4.jpeg
    E2752E66-A854-4258-AFB4-F2891362D7F4.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 96CA0ED7-471F-439C-801A-B0623CD9A627.jpeg
    96CA0ED7-471F-439C-801A-B0623CD9A627.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 215
  • AC2EEFB3-C227-4274-9D59-20081CA62E57.jpeg
    AC2EEFB3-C227-4274-9D59-20081CA62E57.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 212

alfredt

Reaction score
Got my first order from Luxire. I see some smaller adjustments like the waist and some more room in the back and I will be really happy. If you have further adjustments I should take let me know :)

The picture of the back looks way worse than the pants fit from my opinion.
The fabric is light tan twill chino.

I will definitely order the next pair soon

I’m certainly no expert so take my advice with a grain of salt but I believe you may benefit from i) a bit more front rise to even out the balance between the front and back and allow some more room in the vertical seam, and ii) wider knee and ankle to improve the drape through the leg. Obviously the slim fit may be a preference but I think adding an inch or so of room would look far better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads