• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

joewmoss

Reaction score
Hi! About to order my first pair of trousers through luxire and I need some advise.. My plan is to grab my measurements from another pair of trousers I own. But I would also like to raise the waist with 2cm as well as adding a few cm to the pant width as well as length. Have anyone had any success in doing this?
Yes, see my post from above. I essentially did the same you described. I took several pairs of pants and shirts that I thought fit well. Measured them and created a composite set of measurements. This worked quite well and I can still use this from 5 years ago because I was able to engineer some flexibility. Particularly with the trousers using DAKS adjusters to deal with any flux in my waistline (I'm not 25 anymore).

fhusuqinet

Reaction score
Still taking stock of the backlog in terms of time. Current estimation is 2 weeks.

Orders will be processed once all details are received.

For overly complex orders or where order initiation requires reading through a long mail chain, we will ask the customer to simplify the instructions.
This will result in faster service and fewer errors.

I guess that means current orders will be done in maximum two weeks or so. Hopefully I'll get my garment before the end of the month

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Luxire is there any reason you charge 100$ for making a shirt with a sent cloth? It seems like a lot considering you have great shirts with the cloth included sub 100$. I understand if the response is that you are not interested in this kind of service

fhusuqinet

Reaction score
Luxire is there any reason you charge 100$ for making a shirt with a sent cloth? It seems like a lot considering you have great shirts with the cloth included sub 100$. I understand if the response is that you are not interested in this kind of service

I think there might be more risk involved because they cannot mess up anywhere with limited fabric, pattern matching might be harder as well.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I guess that means current orders will be done in maximum two weeks or so. Hopefully I'll get my garment before the end of the month

This would be the case, hopefully, once the new process is stable.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is your favorite Luxire collar?

does it stand up opened and w/o a tie?

is it lined and or fused?

pls post pics

cashmeregoat

Reaction score
So I am currently measuring a pair of high rise dress pants where the crotch point is situated far towards the front. The front rise measurement is 26cm whereas the back rise is 43 cm. How will this affect luxires interpretation of the dimensions? Do I need to even these out? Thx.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current goto is the NODBII with 3.75" points. I have a big neck and 6'3" so I like a slightly bigger collar.

I love the NOBDII collar but for me it tends to not stay up well near mid/end of the day (wearing without tie obviously). Did you manage to get this resolved?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
what is your favorite Luxire collar?

does it stand up opened and w/o a tie?

is it lined and or fused?

pls post pics

Italian collar. Stiff fused neckband, light fused collar points.
Stands well without a tie. Collar does not roll-up through the day.

henaal

Reaction score
On Monday 4th, I got a message stating that my order would get shipped "by end of next week". On the 5th (at the end of their business hours) got a message stating that the fabric is out of stock and picked a new one. Was told that they would try to ship during that week. And so they did, and thanks to DHL being amazing as always, I picked up the trousers today. So the initial promise of shipping in two weeks turned into shipping within the first week. This is just one order, but I got the impression that they really are putting effort in making things go smoother and it is starting to show. Keep at it!

henaal

Reaction score
On a separate note, now that I have my "dress trousers" pattern pretty much dialed in, it is time to to venture into the more casual territory.

Does anyone have fabric recommendations for chinos in the 100 dollar price range? I'm mostly looking for a dark blue/navy shade, but open to ideas. Should be wearable in spring and autumn (so not super light weight), and due to Finnish weather being quite wet, darker colors stay nicer-looking longer.

@luxire would you recommend something from the "nonjeans" range? Eager to try those out, been avoiding stretch fabrics for a long time. Also, if you have any other recommendations, feel free to share.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads