• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Cuebert

Reaction score
@luxire I'm looking for a linen / coton-linen blend that costs 90$ max. and would make a nice polo shirt.

Any recommendactions which are not translucent?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire I'm looking for a linen / coton-linen blend that costs 90$ max. and would make a nice polo shirt.

Any recommendactions which are not translucent?

In knitted, we have 3 options, but, they are all slightly over the price point.

Cuebert

Reaction score
In knitted, we have 3 options, but, they are all slightly over the price point.

Thanks, but I already know those options.

Does that imply that none of the options in the pricerange of 90$ can be recommended because they are too translucent?

Terpo

Reaction score
The last couple of shirts I have ordered with fused collar and cuffs, unfortunately, have had bubbling after a few wears. Other Luxire shirts that I ordered years earlier have been worn a lot more often and don't have any bubbling issues.

I am wondering what the cause of this bubbling is and whether anyone else had bubbling fusing (lately)?

And is there any way to get rid of the bubbling?

I would like to place some more orders, but would like to get this problem sorted out first. The bubbling is quite visible and pretty much make the shirts unwearable.

Last edited:

aj805

Reaction score
Did you notice if the bubbling happened after washing, drying or ironing? I received a shirt with fused collar and cuffs last week, and have since laundered and ironed, no bubbling evident.

Terpo

Reaction score
I launder/iron all the shirts the same way and only the new ones have had the bubbling.

Not sure what is causing it exactly.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to all of those that have ordered and recd pants by Lux.........

did u get the dreaded wedgie in the seat area?...

Im about to order but Im a bit skeptical of this issue that Ive read about.

boot_owl

Reaction score

Im about to order but Im a bit skeptical of this issue that Ive read about.

I sent in a pair of pants and had them make a pattern based on it with their own recommended adjustments. No wedgie, improved fit all round.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boot

thnx.....!!!

Im hoping to not have to send in a pr..........but I have sent in a shirt and Lux was great.

Spandexter

Reaction score
The last couple of shirts I have ordered with fused collar and cuffs, unfortunately, have had bubbling after a few wears. Other Luxire shirts that I ordered years earlier have been worn a lot more often and don't have any bubbling issues.

I am wondering what the cause of this bubbling is and whether anyone else had bubbling fusing (lately)?

And is there any way to get rid of the bubbling?

I would like to place some more orders, but would like to get this problem sorted out first. The bubbling is quite visible and pretty much make the shirts unwearable.

Yes, my last three shirts with cancelini fabrics had bubbling on the collars and cuffs after the first wash (standard normal wash). It's not too noticeable butte still concerning. Have not been able to get rid of them.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, but I already know those options.

Does that imply that none of the options in the pricerange of 90$ can be recommended because they are too translucent?

There are woven cotton-linen fabrics that are below $90. I will not comment on the translucency as it is very personal and subjective.
A lot of people here have bought shirts in the fabric and may be they can comment.

I wear a few shirts in the fabric and pajamas in the blue cotton-linen. Never thought they were not opaque enough.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, my last three shirts with cancelini fabrics had bubbling on the collars and cuffs after the first wash (standard normal wash). It's not too noticeable butte still concerning. Have not been able to get rid of them.

We did notice some issues with bubbling on the Canclini fabrics we received in recent times. We are working with them to find a solution.

Any problem with bubbling is an issue. Does not matter how you have washed them. So, if you notice bubbling, do let us know. We will have it corrected for you.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Added 2 Solbiati Chino options:

S05028_1_grande.jpg

Solbiati 100% cotton: Beige Chino $199.99

S_05021_INH_grande.JPG

Solbiati 100% cotton: Light Pesto Green $199.99

Xune

Reaction score

Not at all. I was kinda expecting it to be, but fortunately none. I have provided measurements (honestly, they were just mixed from different pairs with modifications) of the pair, did not send pants to replicate. Turned out good, no wedgie present - I don't feel it there, asked somebody to check - not seen. Seems I was lucky :)

Tastethesoup

Reaction score
My experience has been similar. Multiple pairs now without that issue.

Of course, everyone's posture and dimensions are different, but from what I've seen here, they've become adept at addressing it when the issue does come up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads