• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DavidLane the new website is a mess when I open on my phone

Do we have any link to the old website for the deal?

A fine point. My expertise is certainly not web design but I have sent a note to @luxire about the issue. I am confident they will get it sorted out.

In the interim you can still add the item to your cart and access your cart from the home page to check out as normal. If you forego the notes on the website you can provide Luxire an email with reference to a pre-existing order number and/or details for your fresco's. Admittedly its a bit of a challenge, but will get the order through.

Also if you have access to a home computer/laptop/work computer, the page functions properly on non mobile devices.

Best,

DL-

jandersson

Reaction score
Grey Pants
My first choice of fabric for this order was Minnis Fresco, but I didn't consider my Luxire pants pattern good enough for a $300 fabric. Instead I chose VBC 595.401/4, 120s 2 Ply Mid Grey, at half the price of the Fresco.

This fabric holds a crease ridiculously well. I wasn't paying attention when pressing the front creases and ended up with the right crease a decimeter taller than the left. With most fabrics this would quickly fade but not so with this fabric. Back to the ironing board.

I've been struggling with my Luxire pants pattern trying to get rid of the folds at the back of the knees. I've made the waist band more horizontal, raised the back panel, etc. but only seen minor improvements. It finally looks like I got rid of the folds by increasing the thigh width.

For future iterations I might try pleats, but unless I get rid of all tension in the hip area first the pleats will gape open. Judging from the curve of the side seams at pocket height I still need to increase the hip width before trying pleats.

Light Blue Shirt
For my last six Luxire orders I've worked on developing a nice button down collar. I'm finally happy with my BD and it's time to develop other collar types. For this shirt I tried the "custom made Barba collar" from order #21202. It's got slightly more spread than the NOBD II collar which I like. I wish the collar points wouldn't "fly" and instead would rest on my chest. A different ironing technique might improve this. For the next iteration I'll remove the collar stay compartments, I haven't used collar stays for years, to make the collar softer and maybe increase the length slightly.

The fabric is Sky Blue Herringbone. The shade of blue and the scale of the herringbone pattern is very much to my liking. I wish the fabric was more wrinkle resistant and thinner/cooler, but such features would probably also make the fabric more expensive.

My main problem with my Luxire shirt pattern has been bumps in the yoke close to the collar, sides and back. I've tried multiple shoulder slope and forward shoulder adjustments, most of which improved the fit, but none really affected the bumps in the yoke. I finally got rid of most of the bumps by shortening the yoke side and back seams at the collar.

Some might prefer shorter sleeves. I prefer excess sleeve length over reduced mobility. The narrow cuffs prevent the sleeves from sliding down and the extra length and narrow arm hole gives the shirt excellent mobility. I can reach far and high without the shirt restraining me.

Dark Blue Pique Shirt
The collar is a NOBD II and the fabric Ocean Blue Pique. I chose this pique because of it's opaqueness and because it's not quite as dark as most of Luxires blue piques. The thickness might make the shirt to hot to be ideal for summer, but the winters are long in Sweden so I'll still get good use out of this shirt. With a dark blue pique you might get away with a thinner fabric without it looking too transparent.

I tried crows foot button stitching. Nice but maybe not worth $10 extra. All shirts in this order got the new buttons with convex backsides. I like that they are a bit thinner than the regular premium MOP buttons, but still thicker than cheap MOP buttons. I'm not convinced regarding the convex backsides. I find them harder to grip when buttoning and more prone to unbutton themselves. Especially in combination with the thicker and softer pique fabrics.

White Onepiece Collar Pique Shirt
I have a bunch of RTW beach/pool piques but I've never found one I really like. The fit is usually very boxy and the collars puny. This is my attempt at creating a better beach/pool pique shirt.

I chose the onepiece "Eidos Lupo"-style collar from #17544 because of its nautical sailor collar vibe. I like it. To my eyes it's one of Luxires best executed Lupo collars. For future iterations I'd like the collar points to sit more symmetrically and not quite as far back. Most people might have gone with short sleeves for a beach/pool shirt. I mostly prefer rolled long sleeves instead.

The fabric is Pure White Soft Pique. I chose it because it's one of the more opaque piques. This was a mistake. Who cares if a beach/pool shirt is a bit transparent? This fabric will probably be too hot for most beach/pool days.

Swim Shorts
I have a favourite pair of beige swim trunks from Orlebar Brown. Sadly I've outgrown them and OB no longer sells the beige color. Luxire to the rescue! I based the pattern of off order #22037, link 1, link 2, link 3, thank you @Cityplace! As much as I like Orlebar Brown swim trunks, I'd rather not have the red OB stitch, logo and back pocket. With Luxire I can get rid of these minor annoyances.

The fabric isn't really swim trunk material, it's a water resistant cotton, Khaki Twill Pants. I chose it because I liked the color and didn't feel like spending $250 on the Epic fabrics on my first attempt at shorts with Luxire. We'll see how it handles swimming. Maybe @luxire could add some more swim trunk fabrics to their inventory?

I asked for a mesh swim trunk lining which was out of stock, but Luxire managed to source it within a few days. Thank you @luxire for going above and beyond my highly set expectations. The lining is shaped more like boxer shorts, with legs and all, not briefs like regular swim trunks. For the next iteration I'll probably specify briefs.

The fit ended up better than any of my Orlebar Brown shorts. Still there's room for improvement and I'll probably let out the seat a bit at the fork for the next iteration.

In case anyone wants to copy anything, the order number for the shirts and pants is #23031. The swim shorts are from order #23158.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great collar on the white polo! Might have to steal it!

Thanks for the detailed review and pictures!

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear each of those items almost exactly as is. In fact I've had essentially those 5 items made by Luxire in the past but you executed (and recorded) things way better.

Swedes really are an impressive type in their beautiful combination of: friendliness, and their love of simplicity and precision. Cheers for one of the best posts in this thread.

For what it's worth, I tried to have Luxire create some OB-type swim trunks a few years back and it was really the only "big miss" I've ever experienced with Luxire - terrible fabric (a cop out for the more expensive tech textiles), no mesh lining, poor front closure design, and other small nitpicks. You may have inspired me to try again with Epic this time!

hamerhand

Reaction score
This is probably the stupidest question yet... but how do you use the order reference number on the site? So you can see someone's order specifications.

hmlarsson

Reaction score

Bazsy

Reaction score
You vab
This is probably the stupidest question yet... but how do you use the order reference number on the site? So you can see someone's order specifications.
You can not. But you can specify that something has to be done as in order #xxxxx and they will do that.

hmlarsson

Reaction score
Regarding the new site.
I will have to create a new account?
Is there a possibility to enter measurements in cm? (Can't find any options)

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
You can change it at the right upper corner.

52c6x0.png
52c6x0.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads