• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I just went to Luxire's website and typed "checks" into the search bar. I got 929 results and almost all of them were under $200, and many were sub $100. If there's a specific type of check you are looking for, you can narrow your search, but there is no shortage of checked fabrics in your price range.

Last edited:

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone agree that there's something quite charming and romantic about having to trawl through the website to find the gems. Seriously, it's rare in the modern age where it's expected that everything is easy and immediate.

/oldman

Zke8

Reaction score
^ I just went to Luxire's website and typed "checks" into the search bar. I got 929 results and almost all of them were under $200, and many were sub $100. If there's a specific type of check you are looking for, you can narrow your search, but there is no shortage of checked fabrics in your price range.
I'm pretty sure that there's a comment from Luxire in this thread, stating that they want their shirts to be priced around the 100$ mark, so it would be surprising if they didn't offer some checked fabric in that price range.

I've bought a yellow gingham shirt for 59$, which is probably one of, if not the cheapest one. I'd advise againist it though, unless you have at least a decent tan.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire, 'check' shirting fabrics*, sorted by price (lowest first). Knock yourself out:

http://custom.luxire.com/apps/search-results#stq=check&stp=1

edit - I just clicked on that link, and some of the post-search filtering doesn't come through in the URL. Click on the 'Dress Shirt (610)' radio button on the left to filter a bit better

* Kinda - Luxire's site is very weird, and they seem to have created multiple categories with ostensibly the same purpose. So there's another 90 shirtings which are classified differently.

Last edited:

Bartek

Reaction score
The reason for the problem teknique22 experienced, may be the fact that he possibly tried selecting Shirts > Checks form the left navigation panel (Popular Shirts) - it such case the shirts are sorted alphabetically, and the first ones are Albinis (quite a lot of them) which are indeed in $149-$199 range - this may be discouraging for someone not familiar with the site and actual selection of fabrics :)

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone agree that there's something quite charming and romantic about having to trawl through the website to find the gems. Seriously, it's rare in the modern age where it's expected that everything is easy and immediate.

/oldman

"Charming and romantic"?
crackup[1].gif

That would be a "no" ...

Cheers,

Ac
smile.gif

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random photo of the CruzCoat corner of my dressing room. Front to back: Pale blue linen, tan linen, Holland & Sherry tweed, black Brisbane Moss canvas. With a cameo appearance by two criminally crunched-up shirts in Lustrous Fine White cotton and Albini grey gingham linen. (The rack gets a bit crowded during these transitions between seasons.)

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ikea shelving system?

angusangus

Reaction score

I have a fetish for flat heavy boxes and allen wrenches.

Off-topic: for your interest, the Vitsoe shelving system, which was the 'inspiration' for that Ikea system. Every day I look at mine and take a deep, fulfilling breath of clothes-storage-related contentment. And you still get to put it together yourself

aj805

Reaction score

/oldman
I like to think that their team is too focused on building quality items to care much about the customer interface (an update to which is actually due out next week?).

In any case I have no problem rummaging around through their quirky search function/results.

If I had one gripe about the process it's that it's often difficult to know a fabrics availability until it's too late and the season's already over.

joedo

Reaction score
Quote:
I just got notice my Brisbane Moss Cocoa Heavy Twill have shipped, I'll report back when they get in. 400G (13oz) twill brown should be great weight! http://luxire.com/products/brisbane-moss-keats-730cocoa-cotton-twill While I like Luxire's site, mostly because I love looking at fabrics, this is a good example of where it is lacking. I almost couldn't find this one. I even found it on Brisbane Moss's website and was going to ask Luxire if they could special order it before I realized they already had it. The challenge is it doesn't come up for the term "brown", and while other colors in the range come up as "cavalry twill" this one doesn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads