• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ErikJN

Reaction score
For this inital run, they come back for a fitting in November, then deliver the final garment in December. The idea, or so I gathered, is to return frequently so as to create a "slot" each month where one can come for fittings etc., however @luxire will probably elaborate on their plans once they've had some well-earned rest after the trunk show tour!

Bazsy

Reaction score
Yes their plan is to come here often and have more personal contact with the customers. I hope their plan will succeed because that opportunity would be something extraordinary on the market.

I was "only" there to improve my pants and shirt patterns but plan to try a jacket later if Luxires plan works out well.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Off-topic: for your interest, the Vitsoe shelving system, which was the 'inspiration' for that Ikea system.

I love me some Dieter Rams but I think the IKEA one is actually an improvement for this particular application, for a few reasons:

1. Load is balanced at the middle of each shelf or drawer unit rather than at the back.
  2. Anodized posts look better than empty slotted track sections.
  3. Minimally destructive: Tension posts are attached only to the ceiling by three screws each. My entire wall of shelving is affixed with 15 screws, all on the ceiling and none on the wall.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
my Luxire unconstructed linen/cotton canvas sport coat:

tumblr_oek3c9x2Rz1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oek3d7HNtk1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

Details

frei1689

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received my test pants in the mail last week and am looking for some critiques. I ordered the rust chino and was going for a casual feel, hence the slimness and the small ankle opening. The pants have been washed a few times and tumbled dry with no heat. I know they are short, I plan on adding a bit to the length. I am very happy with the pants; they have immediately become my most comfortable pants and I think this is a great starting place to tweak the measurements.

I notice bunching in the seat, what should I change in my measurements to avoid this problem in the future?

Also, if I want to widen the legs for the next pair (for a more conventional fit), should I add to the dimensions at all three places (thigh, knee, ankle) equally, or what?

Any and all advice/criticism is welcome.

Thank you.

Bazsy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received my test pants in the mail last week and am looking for some critiques. I ordered the rust chino and was going for a casual feel, hence the slimness and the small ankle opening. The pants have been washed a few times and tumbled dry with no heat. I know they are short, I plan on adding a bit to the length. I am very happy with the pants; they have immediately become my most comfortable pants and I think this is a great starting place to tweak the measurements.

I notice bunching in the seat, what should I change in my measurements to avoid this problem in the future?

Also, if I want to widen the legs for the next pair (for a more conventional fit), should I add to the dimensions at all three places (thigh, knee, ankle) equally, or what?

Any and all advice/criticism is welcome.

Thank you.
You can also send these to Luxire in a mail as they have much better experience and possibilities to help you. I did this a few times with both pants and shirts and they will gladly help you and are very good at that.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that my formal fits are pretty dialled in I'm starting to think about casual stuff. I'm definitely going to send in some of my own chinos and a casual shirt. Is it best for me to send them to the India address direct or to the USA address from the UK? Is there a standard way of sending them? I'm a little wary of the Indian postal service and don't want them to get lost. Thanks.

Last edited:

CDRiis

Reaction score
Now that my formal fits are pretty dialled in I'm starting to think about casual stuff. I'm definitely going to send in some of my own chinos and a casual shirt. Is it best for me to send them to the India address direct or to the USA address from the UK? Is there a standard way of sending them? I'm a little wary of the Indian postal service and don't want them to get lost. Thanks.

Luxire use Fedex.
There's an option to pay for a shipping label and they'll send you a pdf. All you do is arrange pickup at your house. Easy-peasy.

Works really well.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luxire use Fedex.
There's an option to pay for a shipping label and they'll send you a pdf. All you do is arrange pickup at your house. Easy-peasy.

Works really well.

Thanks for the help. Hoping I won't be without my stuff for too long. I imagine I can choose my items and put in the notes that I want them to copy the items I'm sending in.

CDRiis

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Hoping I won't be without my stuff for too long. I imagine I can choose my items and put in the notes that I want them to copy the items I'm sending in.

Here's the process:
You place your order and put "sending in mankini for measurements" in the comments
Luxire will email you and ask how much your mankini weighs
Luxire send you a shipping label
You print the label (you need two copies - at least in Denmark), order the pickup and put the mankini in an envelope
The pickup-guy will have the plastic-envelope-freight-doc-holder-thing in his truck
It usually takes less than a month from pick-up-> delivery (Fedex takes 2-3 days each way typically)

Enjoy your brand new super soft flannel mankini. :)

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's the process:
You place your order and put "sending in mankini for measurements" in the comments
Luxire will email you and ask how much your mankini weighs
Luxire send you a shipping label
You print the label (you need two copies - at least in Denmark), order the pickup and put the mankini in an envelope
The pickup-guy will have the plastic-envelope-freight-doc-holder-thing in his truck
It usually takes less than a month from pick-up-> delivery (Fedex takes 2-3 days each way typically)

Enjoy your brand new super soft flannel mankini. :)

Thanks! I can't wait for my Minnis nipple tassels.

ShoeT

Reaction score
I would like to have some collar advice.
For me widespread collars work best. However, I would like a button down collar for my next order. Any suggestions for a button down with a bit more spread? (And a nice roll of course). I plan to wear it casual without a tie.
Thanks in advance!

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to have some collar advice.
For me widespread collars work best. However, I would like a button down collar for my next order. Any suggestions for a button down with a bit more spread? (And a nice roll of course). I plan to wear it casual without a tie.
Thanks in advance!

Broke and Bespoke Button Down Collar, or Timo BD V2 are a good places to start.

There is a Luxire Collar Spreadsheet floating around where you can see examples.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Trunk Show in Zurich:

We will be in Zurich on 22nd of October. Have not finalized the location yet but will be somewhere central.

Details are here. Do book your time here and let us know by sending a PM/email.

--------------------------------------
Still working on the dates for Stockholm / Oslo. Given the response, we are planning on extending by another couple of days.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member