• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest some fabrics for women's trousers? Primarily looking business attire, maybe also some business casual for fall/winter. Also looking for any suggestions on on styling fit. When my last order arrived my Wife inquired about having some items made up. Thanks!

I'd like to think most if not all trouser fabrics are gender neutral. With that being said, I've thought about having a couple pair made up for my wife. You can't go wrong with twill cotton or worsted wool. The difficult part though will be getting proper fit I imagine.

kali77

Reaction score

I'd like to think most if not all trouser fabrics are gender neutral. With that being said, I've thought about having a couple pair made up for my wife. You can't go wrong with twill cotton or worsted wool. The difficult part though will be getting proper fit I imagine.

Thanks bud, I was kind of thinking the same thing on the fabric but was really not sure if some were better suited for women, maybe due to drape. I agree the fit will be difficult. I think I am going to order some Molloy trousers for myself this weekend and plan on adding a trial pair for my wife. I will update here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud, I was kind of thinking the same thing on the fabric but was really not sure if some were better suited for women, maybe due to drape. I agree the fit will be difficult. I think I am going to order some Molloy trousers for myself this weekend and plan on adding a trial pair for my wife. I will update here.

Lovely! Will you be taking measurements from a pair of your wife's best fitting trousers? That is probably the approach I plan to take myself along with whatever personal adjustments my wife would like.

kali77

Reaction score

Lovely! Will you be taking measurements from a pair of your wife's best fitting trousers? That is probably the approach I plan to take myself along with whatever personal adjustments my wife would like.

Yes. I plan on taking measurements from an existing pair and tweaking as necessary. I am confident we can get it dialed in with a couple iterations, as that's what it took me. May even look at having a couple blazers and blouses made after we get the pants dialed in.

bubblewhistle

Reaction score
Yes. I plan on taking measurements from an existing pair and tweaking as necessary. I am confident we can get it dialed in with a couple iterations, as that's what it took me. May even look at having a couple blazers and blouses made after we get the pants dialed in.

That's what I did for my girlfriend. Don't forget to mention it's meant for a woman to wear, Luxire knows how to change the patterns accordingly.
The pants I have made up for her fit much better than the ones I've had made up for myself, and the quality is so much better than what she's used to.

All in all it's quite an easy way to order more for yourself. "Oh, you want another pair of pants? Right, let's add a few shirts, and we'll split shipping!"

kali77

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.. Haha I'm not going to lie, that was exactly my thought process.

Last edited:

bubblewhistle

Reaction score
@luxire something else: out of genuine curiosity: how is the website coming along?
If you ever feel like throwing in the towel and starting over, I'd be more than happy to talk.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They mentioned a couple of days ago that a public beta should be up and running by Oct 10th, I think

Given the number of times they've tentatively announced the imminent launch of the new website, one should assume the date is "whenever it appears."

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the current website really that bad? Granted, this is coming from someone whose shirt and trouser measurements are dialed in so ordering is amazingly easy.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is the current website really that bad? Granted, this is coming from someone whose shirt and trouser measurements are dialed in so ordering is amazingly easy.

I don't really complain, it's mostly that it's very hard to find products. I find more things through announcements here on the forum than on Luxire's site. The search isn't great, the filtering is minimal, there aren't really any built in categories. It was fine when they didn't have many fabrics, but now that they have a bazillion different offerings, it's pretty cumbersome.

tizim

Reaction score

Putting in measurements once I know what I want is fine. Browsing for what I want is a nightmare.

Bruges

Reaction score
You can't filter the fabrics according to preferences etc. The information about the fabric characteristics is not structured at all.

aj805

Reaction score
I'm just getting into having shirts made by Luxire. Many of them will be casual oxford, linens, cottons that I'd like to launder at home (cold wash, hang dry).

What would the group recommend in terms of dealing with shrinkage. Will Luxire provide accurate shrinkage estimates for each fabric before ordering so that I might adjust measurements as necessary?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member