• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

p.henrik

Reaction score
[quote name="LuxireStudio";">Consists of standard extended closure, side metal adjusters, front slant pocket, button fly and 2″ functional bottom cuffs.</p>

[/quote]

Ooh, could be mine...

Edit: the mid grey Fox flannels. But can't see the pleats so maybe not...

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received the Brisbane mos chambrays (white and mid blue). They are more oxford-y that I expected (though probably should have expected as such, as some were calling them work-shirts). Quality is very nice though.

computingboy91

Reaction score
OK, Picture time!

First off, fit. I don't think it tells much, because a) it is based on a bespoke shirt; b) it is a picture; c) the cloth is quite thin and wrinkles (non-permanent ones) appear depending on how you position yourself. This is the blue Brisbane Moss. The color is a bit less purple in real life.

Some details, for our benefit:

Thin MOP on the button down, thick MOP everywhere else. I am signing up to the camp of @luxire should get some buttons that are in between in thickness.

Button down collar courtesy of @Tommi , I have been using it since day one (order number in the five thousands..), omitting the button on the back.

Beautiful shoulder shirring thanks to @GekkoInvest !!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Moar photos. I tried my best to make these color correct, but I still don't think they are there. Indicative coloring only!!!

Disclaimer: 1 shirt(s) were harmed in this production. The blue button down unfortunately acquired a small oil stain.

Oh, and um, instructions for science. I blanked out the order numbers since they are not my orders. You can reference my order as you please. #13478.
2. Collar: Button-down Collar from Order #____; Lightly lined collar, medium fused neckband.
3. Cuff: Cuff of “Sky Blue Summer Chambray Shirt” of Order #____
4. Shoulder Shirring: Shoulder Shirring of “Sky Blue Summer Chambray Shirt” of Order #____
5. Cuff Shirring: Cuff Shirring of “Sky Blue Summer Chambray Shirt” of Order #____
6. No Label
7. Locker Loop inside shirt
8. Use thin MOP buttons for the BD collar
9. No Pocket
10. Standard Placket

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shirring looks nice. They've really made progress since the blouse style results of early efforts.

novaeagle

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just got my first luxire order in in quite a while. Had some bad luck with them, but figured I'd give them another try. Would love some feedback on my order fit. Both items are very wearable, but I think they could be tweaked slightly. Pictures and measurements are in the spoilers!

And finally, the order itself (includes measurements):

Pants:
  • Front Pleats: No Pleat
  • Front Pockets: Slant
  • Fly Style: Button
  • Front Closure: Standard Extended Closure
  • Waist Band: Standard Belt Loop
  • Rear Pockets: 2 Rear Pockets with Buttons
  • Lining: No Lining
  • Bottom Cuffs: Yes 1.50
  • UNIT: Inch
  • Waist Size: 16.50
  • Half Hip Measurement: 20.50
  • Pant Length: 39.75
  • Inseam Measurement: 30.50
  • Front Rise: 10.50
  • Back Rise: 17.50
  • Thigh Measurement (2 inch Below Crotch): 12.50
  • Knee Measurement: 9.50
  • Bottom Measure: 7.75

Shirt:
  • Neck: 15.50
  • Sleeve: 32.50
  • Fit: Custom
  • Collar: Custom
  • Cuff: 1-Button
  • Back: No Pleats
  • Pocket: Yes
  • Placket: Yes
  • Custom_notes: Collar: Please duplicate collar from order #7921 (Broke and Bespoke collar). Please make collar and cuffs soft. Please Add .5" to right cuff (watch allowance). Please only place one shirring on cuff (to slim forearm), as opposed to two (usually standard).
  • Chest: 21.50
  • Waist: 18.50
  • Bottom: 20.50
  • Yoke: 16.00
  • Biceps: 7.50
  • Armhole: 9.75
  • CuffSize: 8.00
  • Length: 29.50
My thoughts on both is that they're great fits, but something is slightly off on each that I'd like to rememdy, but I can't quite place it.

The shirt fits well in the body and sleeves, although the watch allowance could be shrunk to .25". However, it looks a little wonky untucked. Maybe the chest should be larger on shirts I plan on wearing untucked? Also, if it's possible, the left shoulder yoke measurement would be well served by being shorter than the right (broken growth plate at a young age there), as it's evident that the yoke sits differently over there. Finally, taking something out of the lower back (but not the midsection total, just the lower back) akin to a darting effect would probably serve me well, but I'm not sure how that would work.

On the pants, I think something could be fixed in the way they drape at the bottom of the seat. Also, I think they'd benefit from a smaller knee measurement. However, I'd love to have someone else's opinion who has more experience!

Sorry for the wall of info, but hopefully it's enough to get a thought-out response or two. Also, apologies for the staging of the shots, it was the best I could do in my small apartment.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Received the Brisbane mos chambrays (white and mid blue). They are more oxford-y that I expected (though probably should have expected as such, as some were calling them work-shirts). Quality is very nice though.

They seemed pretty oxford-y to me at first sight too. After washing though, the blue definitely gives a chambray vibe, though it is very lightweight (good as far as I'm concerned). I wore that one today. Washed the lavender but haven't given it a close look yet. Assume it will be the same subtle chambray effect.

Amusing shirt anecdote: So I washed a lightweight blue oxford cloth from Luxire (without looking through orders, I think it was the G&R that was on special a little while back... something like that). I washed it at the same time as I washed the new Brisbane chambrays. Air dried both then put on the OC this morning thinking it as the chambray (same style and collar, same color) and I was thinking, gee, this isn't what I was expecting from the chambray and it sure seems different after washing it... :facepalm:

Figured it out though... :rotflmao:

flashkobalt

Reaction score
I usually lurk here, but felt compelled to comment and add some feedback regarding my experiences with Luxire. I initially ordered a pair of trial trousers and quite liked them, so when the vbc sale came about I ordered a few pairs with some minor tweaks. When they arrived, the leg measurement was a bit off, and I emailed luxire who suggested I send them back for alterations.

I did so, and received the trousers back within a month after I suspect some fairly extensive alterations. The quality and fit are excellent to understate my opinion, and the entire communication was both extremely accomodating, prompt, and professional.
Given my responsibility in ensuring correct measurement, I think the small charge for the shipping and alterations were more than fair.

I suppose I simply wanted to contribute to this board which I have followed closely since 2007, and a public thanks for a quality product and service seemed to be a nice way to do so.

I'll be placing more orders soon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads