• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luxire dress shirt constructed in Dark Bijou Blue Pencil Stripes on White
Consists of NOBD I collar with 3.5″ collar points and two button cuffs.
That's mine, wearing it today :)
FqoNBIrm.jpg

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Collar looks great, thoughts on the fabric?

Thanks. Shirt feels pretty thin, almost exactly like one of my old CTs. None of my stripes feel as nice as my solids *shrug* Easy to iron though. Not as soft to the touch as one of my trial shirts, but I wear an undershirt so it doesn't really bother me. For the sale price it was I can't complain.

It does not look like Nobd1 collar though.

I added to the collar height, so it doesn't lay as flat as the NOBD. In the packaging though it looked like my other NOBD-collared shirts.

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get a couple of opinions on using Luxire's pre-payment method for sending in garments for copying vs. shipping garments via a preferred shipping company. The reason I ask is that I don't fully understand Luxire's pre-payment method and I've also seen some comments in this forum thread about others being confused or inconvenienced. I'm wondering if it would be easier for me to ship my items outside of the Luxire option.

More specifically, can people chime in on the following?

- Are there implications on the overall cost of the process if I don't use Luxire's pre-payment method? For instance, is it possible I'll be charged quite a bit more money for return shipping when my garments are being sent back to me or that I'll be charged for duties/tariffs I wouldn't be otherwise? If it helps to know, I live in the US.

- I'm assuming I receive the pre-paid shipping label in an email from Luxire. Does this come fairly quicly? I read a forum post from someone here saying they didn't get the shipping label in a timely manner.

- How does one schedule for their package to be picked up. I also read a couple forum posts here saying that someone from DHL showed up to pick up their package and they were previously unaware that it was going to happen.

JohnnyFlex

Reaction score
I used the pre paid-shipping for my first pants order and I recommend it.

About 1 week after I placed the order, I had not received my shipping label so I emailed Luxire. They responded and attached the label and informed me that a pickup date had been scheduled. I called DHL and cancelled the pickup and instead arranged to drop the package myself at a local DHL location. Since there is no actual DHL storefront where I live, DHL told me about an agent that they have at a local Canpar depot.

I brought the label and package to the Canpar depot (I had it in a FedEx Pak). The DHL agent put the label in a plastic sticky thingy and affixed it to the package.

Everything went smoothly and I now have a very nice pair of Luxire pants.

Reaction score
@JohnnyFlex Thanks for the info.

I suppose I'll just use their service and email them right away asking for the shipping label since not receiving it appears to be a trend. I do find that to be a little odd, but what can you do?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've asked Luxire for a plain white fabric, since it's hands down the most versatile colour and reflects the most sunlight. Would be nice to have more golfers or maybe tennis players come forward so that we might get a better deal on the fabric.

@luxire what's the current status on these?

Readily available.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luxire dress pants constructed in Light Tan Twill Chino
Consists of button fly style, extra long extended closure with side metal adjusters and button cuffs 1.5″.

Is the pick stitching seen around the coin pocket and side pockets standard or was it specifically asked for and paid for (I quite like it!).

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@JohnnyFlex
 Thanks for the info.

I suppose I'll just use their service and email them right away asking for the shipping label since not receiving it appears to be a trend. I do find that to be a little odd, but what can you do?

Since you are in the US, I'd consider sending it to their Oregon address if you're not in a hurry. This is good for your own items to replicate but not for sending back Luxire items to alter/fix.

p.henrik

Reaction score

Thanks. Shirt feels pretty thin, almost exactly like one of my old CTs. None of my stripes feel as nice as my solids *shrug* Easy to iron though. Not as soft to the touch as one of my trial shirts, but I wear an undershirt so it doesn't really bother me. For the sale price it was I can't complain.
I added to the collar height, so it doesn't lay as flat as the NOBD. In the packaging though it looked like my other NOBD-collared shirts.

Got it. Doesn't look as curved but maybe I have them mixed up, nvm. Looks good though!

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got it. Doesn't look as curved but maybe I have them mixed up, nvm. Looks good though!

No, you're right. I had to go back and look at my order - I specified the NOBD but with straight collar points. They did still have somewhat of a curve in the packaging but with the added height it disappears when worn.

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score
I took delivery of the vintage white linen trousers the other day, and they're just awesome. A really nice weight helps them keep their shape a bit, and I can just hand them and most wrinkles come out from hanging. They're nice and cool too. My third pair of pants, and the fit is perfectly dialed in now. Very happy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads