• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mockingboy

Reaction score
I don't like the thick or thin free MOPs. Next order, going to try the Premium ones and see what happens.

Anyone have a comparison?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thick ones take more effort to fasten but have less risk of becoming unbuttoned unlike thin ones. Thin buttons look more visually appealing though IMO.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the standard thick MOP buttons but sometimes the gauntlet can be very difficult to button.

Or unbutton.

Last night I did some laundry, including a Luxire shirt and a Proper Cloth shirt. I neglected to unbutton the gauntlet before washing so I had to unbutton these while the shirts were wet. Took all of two seconds on the PC shirt, which is as it should be, of course. Took close to a minute on the Luxire. It was that experience that prompted my question.

The Luxire has smaller buttonholes for this size button than any shirt I've ever owned.

Cheers,

Ac

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thick ones take more effort to fasten but have less risk of becoming unbuttoned unlike thin ones. Thin buttons look more visually appealing though IMO.

I've never had a button come unbuttoned in my life, so for me the risk approaches zero.

I've lost buttons, of course, but that's a different issue.

Cheers,

Ac

lbrig

Reaction score
You can request the gauntlet be the thin MOP buttons and the rest the thicker buttons. I've done something similar for the back collar button on my OCBDs.

flvinny521

Reaction score
You can request the gauntlet be the thin MOP buttons and the rest the thicker buttons. I've done something similar for the back collar button on my OCBDs.

This is exactly what I planned to do on my order a few days ago, but completely forgot about it until now. I'm still ordering a shirt at a time, trying to dial in my fit, so I was hoping that would be a good compromise without paying for an upcharge button. The first shirt I got from them is very difficult to button/unbutton the gauntlet. In fact, last time I wore it, I was in a rush and got so frustrated that I ended up leaving it unbuttoned all day. Under my jacket, nobody could tell the difference, but it still is something I hope to address for future orders.

Last edited:

Palantir

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the cover of the fly of the pants seeming ever so slightly long / folding out / bending just underneath the where it meets the waist?

Not a huge deal but notice it doesn't seem to happen with my OTR pants. Would like to fix this before ordering a fourth pair of pants.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone had issues with the cover of the fly of the pants seeming ever so slightly long / folding out / bending just underneath the where it meets the waist?

Not a huge deal but notice it doesn't seem to happen with my OTR pants. Would like to fix this before ordering a fourth pair of pants.

Yeah, I've noticed it. Would love a suggestion on how to fix it.

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
This is exactly what I planned to do on my order a few days ago, but completely forgot about it until now. I'm still ordering a shirt at a time, trying to dial in my fit, so I was hoping that would be a good compromise without paying for an upcharge button. The first shirt I got from them is very difficult to unbutton the gauntlet. In fact, last time I wore it, I was in a rush and got so frustrated that I ended up leaving it unbuttoned all day. Under my jacket, nobody could tell the difference, but it still is something I hope to address for future orders.

I can only dream of a life where an unbuttoned gauntlet under a jacket is remembered for more than a few minutes let alone the idea of changing the design of my bespoke clothing to remedy the problem.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a (likely) semi-synthetic fabric to make up a few golf shirts. They will be pretty similar in design to the standard golf polo and due to the activity some stretch within/between the fibers is critical. For what it's worth I find most pique cotton weaves to be a bit too heavy and not sufficiently breathable. Really, I'm looking for the shirting equivalent to the "wool rich" pants with which I have been very impressed.

I'd love to try the cellulares, but they're just a bit too expensive - especially for a first iteration.

Navy, black, grey, maroon, white, and a standard blue would be great.

Any suggestions?

@luxire
@clapeyron
Is the inclusion of a bit of linen the answer? (I hope it's not the only answer because they get a bit expensive.)

Any experiences with the "sport mesh" shirts?

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a (likely) semi-synthetic fabric to make up a few golf shirts. They will be pretty similar in design to the standard golf polo and due to the activity some stretch within/between the fibers is critical. For what it's worth I find most pique cotton weaves to be a bit too heavy and not sufficiently breathable. Really, I'm looking for the shirting equivalent to the "wool rich" pants with which I have been very impressed.

I'd love to try the cellulares, but they're just a bit too expensive - especially for a first iteration.

Navy, black, grey, maroon, white, and a standard blue would be great.

Any suggestions?

@luxire
@clapeyron
Is the inclusion of a bit of linen the answer? (I hope it's not the only answer because they get a bit expensive.)

Any experiences with the "sport mesh" shirts?

We have microfiber stretch fabrics from Carvico, Italy. These are probably the best performance fabrics in the world. Can be used for making shirts, shorts and would make great underwear as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads