• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for the quick answer. Any links available or shall I inquire by email?

emptym

Reaction score
Fwiw, I don't use gauntlet buttons. If my jacket's off, my shirt sleeve is almost certainly rolled up. The rare times that isn't the case don't make the hassle of gauntlet buttons worth it to me.

Interesting about the microfiber fabrics, @luxire !

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for the quick answer. Any links available or shall I inquire by email?

Not added to the website yet. We are currently making swim and water sports clothing for women. Your question was thus timely.

Please send email.

Interesting about the microfiber fabrics, @luxire !

Carvico's range is wide and quality excellent.

We had announced these last year when we had received the fabrics. As there was no interest shown then, we did not put much effort either.

ellsbebc

Reaction score
Luxire suit and shirt. The suit is an earlier one from April 2014.

I like the shirt collar. Details?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like the idea of purposefully not having gauntlet buttons sewn on the shirt! Same as you; I don't recall having a shirt (without a jacket) that the sleeves weren't rolled up.

Might have to steal your idea!

Luxire suit and shirt. The suit is an earlier one from April 2014.

Holy lapels!

Last edited:

flvinny521

Reaction score
I can only dream of a life where an unbuttoned gauntlet under a jacket is remembered for more than a few minutes let alone the idea of changing the design of my bespoke clothing to remedy the problem.

If only I lived the privileged life you've envisioned. I would have completely forgotten about it as well, if it weren't for me consciously trying to think of all the things I was hoping to remedy on my next shirt order, which I was placing the very next day.

That is a funny mental picture, though. "Jeeves, take note..."

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote:

@pinkerton my experience with 100% cotton was that independent of how airy and light the fabric is, that I am going to sweat if I walk 5 hours in 37°C sun and once I dry off a little bit and sweat again I'll risk discolouration especially at the collar. Linen might absorb a little more water than cotton but is also quite a bit more expensive and delicate. The answer in my opinion is 100% synthetic fabric, they are the easiest to clean and if woven right should wear cool.

I've asked Luxire for a plain white fabric, since it's hands down the most versatile colour and reflects the most sunlight. Would be nice to have more golfers or maybe tennis players come forward so that we might get a better deal on the fabric.

@luxire what's the current status on these?

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
I really like the idea of purposefully not having gauntlet buttons sewn on the shirt! Same as you; I don't recall having a shirt (without a jacket) that the sleeves weren't rolled up.

Might have to steal your idea!
Pls. feel free. I always omit guantlet buttons and tie stay holders. That way when the collar frays it can be flipped over for more wear. Those two details, the fit, fine stitchig, and lightly shirred sleeveheads are what make Luxire shirts my favorites.
Carvico's range is wide and quality excellent.

We had announced these last year when we had received the fabrics. As there was no interest shown then, we did not put much effort either.
Oops, I missed that. I'll request swatches.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire Blue Stripes Seersucker Pants
Consists of extra long extended closure, elastic daks adjusters and 2″ functional bottom cuffs.
A good choice of cloth for summer, very light weight and comfortable.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member