• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

RedLeg

Reaction score
For jackets, do you generally just send them a picture to give them a starting point?

I've bought about 10 shirts from them now and have been very happy with the results thus far, but ordering a custom jacket online is a much more complex endeavor.

Cuebert

Reaction score
After being very pleased with the results of my recent shirts I would like to get my first pair of pants.

I am looking for a versatile cloth, that is suitable for temperatues as low as 10° as it is suitable for temperatures close to 24°, without me freezing / swetting all along.

What kind of cloth could you recommend? Is there anything specific I should look out for, regarding the weight of the cloth for example?

Thanks in advance!

chuckb

Reaction score
For jackets, do you generally just send them a picture to give them a starting point?

I've bought about 10 shirts from them now and have been very happy with the results thus far, but ordering a custom jacket online is a much more complex endeavor.
I think you'll be much better off sending them a jacket that fits you reasonably well as a starting point - jackets are a lot more complex than a shirt. They also offer a wearable test-fit jacket that I think is very much worth while - it's an unstructured jacket made out of cotton khaki, and I think having a first iteration as a test makes a lot of sense (I just received my test fit jacket today, and I'm very very impressed).

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
I'm not clapeyron (obviously) but I love the Brisbane Moss canvas. So far I have two travel pants and a coat made out of this stuff. Tough but not stiff, durable, still looks good at the end of the day. My only recommendation would be to get a swatch before making a big investment because some of the neutrals are hard to photograph.

I used the same measurements, though I narrowed the sleeves. I did not experience too much shrinkage.

I like the colour, and I like that it is mostly opaque, these trousers for instance are not lined to the knee unlike my other white chinos. I wouldn't describe the fabric as wrinkle prone, but what you see in these images is after 6 hours of wear, initially they were pressed but they loose the crease during the day and start to look more casual. For that reason, if I were to redo them, I'd opt for a slimmer leg below the knee, since once they loose the crease, they are slightly too wide.
The fabric is a little on the heavier side which I like, though it can get hot in these during the summer, then again that's what makes them wearable in spring and autumn as well (labour day yada yada...).

The fabric, while costly, is much nicer than the less expensive noname white trousers I got prior to this through Luxire. In addition they are much easier to care for i.e. removing smudges and stains and ironing is very simple, likely due to a high quality textile finishing. Overall I can recommend these at 149.99

Thanks guys. I think i'll have to buy blind, as the last two times i've asked for swatches, Luxire hasn't been able to provide me with them. I'm looking for something versatile and semi dark. I am thinking about going to their tobacco color, as I think it will fit the bill, and look nice with lots of different sport coats. I am basing the color off of this photo more so than the luxire stock photo.

Open to color suggestions if people have some. Currently, I have a pair of olive pants that needs replacing, a pair of navy that I just got from luxire and I love, and a pair of the luxire copper khaki ones that are pretty popular here. I don't mind the fabric but the fit isn't perfect on those ones. And just ordered some stone colored ones that I'm sure will fit well but haven't arrived yet. Looking for a pair of cotton chinos I can wear with different sport coats to work. I'm still building my sport coat collection, but it will be lots of earth tones, navy, brown, olives, etc.

Pendulum

Reaction score

This pic is on page 1, is the shirt Luxire? If so, does anyone have an order # or description for the collar?

MacGuffen

Reaction score
While the dimensions are a matter of personal preference, one detail I like to specify is a stiff collarband but a completely soft/unfused collar. That way the collar lays flat and comfortable but it doesn't collapse, so you can wear it under a sport coat or something.

Thanks! Semi-spread or NOBD 1 should work for polos, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads