• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I get the diagonal lines, too. I think they are an imbalance between the pecs and the seat: the seat pulls back the fabric, and the first thing it catches on is the chest. Does it go away when you tilt your seat forward? It's possible that could be fixed with additional fabric in the hips, but make sure to add it to the back. Otherwise, shoulders and waist look OK to me, if you really wanted to make a change, I'd only try +1-2 cm on either. The blue shirt yolk looks better, is it larger?

Good eye! Yes, I asked for 0.25 smaller shoulder measurement for the white shirt, and the yoke is 0.25 inches smaller too. But I'm thinking just the smaller yoke is enough.

Now that you mention it, wider hip measurement does seem to alleviate the diagonal lines, though not completely. I can see it in some of my earlier shirts that have wider hip-measurements. I think there will always be some lines, especially if your posture is erect.

Rincon

Reaction score
Anyone been able to wear their shishiko jacket?

I've washed mine 4 times and it still bleeds on my clothes.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How badly does it bleed? Is yours lined? Don't want all of my shirts and trousers to be blue. I guess you can only wear it with denim trousers and shirts then, like a Canadian tuxedo?

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some fit advice to fix the fabric bunching up around the knees on my Luxire trousers. I have athletic thighs so I like a more relaxed fit in the thighs and rear, but I also like a more aggressive fit in the ankles/leg openings. Any suggestions? Should I reduce the measurements near the knees or is this just the result such extreme tapering? Thanks

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A less aggressive taper might help a little, but it's probably just a result of sitting down for long periods and the fact that they're cotton.

emptym

Reaction score
They have a Minnis Fresco in a "Sand" color

I've been fence-sitting too long on getting a pair made from that.

^ I think I need that next.
I've been considering it too, but I'd prefer to have it in the lighter, 8/9 oz weave, which is softer and better for real heat. Minnis is usually open to producing special runs. I wonder if we'd have enough people to do one for this. Would you guys rather have it as is, 10 oz 3 ply, or would you be willing to try to get Minnis to weave the lighter one? Should be possible to get it done and made into pants before the start of the summer next year.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need some fit advice to fix the fabric bunching up around the knees on my Luxire trousers. I have athletic thighs so I like a more relaxed fit in the thighs and rear, but I also like a more aggressive fit in the ankles/leg openings. Any suggestions? Should I reduce the measurements near the knees or is this just the result such extreme tapering? Thanks
Walk around for a bit, it should go away. This tends to happen if you're sitting for hours and then stand up

LoKey

Reaction score

A less aggressive taper might help a little, but it's probably just a result of sitting down for long periods and the fact that they're cotton.
+1. My guess is that a different fabric (e.g. wool) that's a bit heavier will drape better. I'd be hesitant to reduce the inseam any further unless you're going for the aggressive no break look.

For fabric that are of lighter weight (e.g. 8 ounce wool), I request for hidden buttons for my cuffs to add weight that provides cleaner lines.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've been considering it too, but I'd prefer to have it in the lighter, 8/9 oz weave, which is softer and better for real heat.  Minnis is usually open to producing special runs.  I wonder if we'd have enough people to do one for this.  Would you guys rather have it as is, 10 oz 3 ply, or would you be willing to try to get Minnis to weave the lighter one?  Should be possible to get it done and made into pants before the start of the summer next year.

Clearly, you've got more experience than I. But, as someone who shares interest in beating the heat (I'm in in the ridiculously warm/humid central Florida), is there really that much difference from Luxire's listed 9oz10oz (280g310g) to your suggested 8/9oz? I've read that the bigger factor in heat dissipation for a given fabric at marginal weight difference is the weave, and fresco is woven specifically to be breathable, no? I'm not saying lighter weight won't be better, but is a special run to get an oz off really worth it?

I'm not jousting, I'm asking :)

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've worn mine once so far - with a black t-shirt and jeans anticipating some dye loss and indeed I shed indigo all night long. It got everywhere. I washed my hands at the end of the night and couldn't believe how much dye was on my fingertips.

I am scared to wear it again. I was a bit afraid to wash it too - for the health of the garment itself but also for the next few loads. Now it seems that even washing wouldn't help.

Literally, I am afraid to hang it in my closet without a bag over it.

Might a dye fixative work well enough to offset the hassle of the process itself?

It's a great piece and an incredibly cool fabric, but in its current state, it's a bit useless to me outside of being a piece of art.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting observation. I actually was sitting for all day for about 9 hours before I took this shot. I guess that explains it thank you.

And thank you @venividivicibj and @LoKey

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members