• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Mahoney320

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a pair of wool, four season trousers. I already have light grey worsted, plain navy, navy check, black, charcoal flannel, and brown herringbone pairs--what staple color should come next. Is cream acceptable year round; is there a best shade of tan/khaki for year round pair of trousers? Any specific Luxire fabric recommendations?

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
consider 3 season fabric, 4-season doesn't really work too well for me.

With 4-season fabric, it's usually not ideal for the summer or winter.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I need some advice before providing measurements for my latest order.

Is the waist too small on these shirts? I have a 31 inch waist, and the waist-measurement on these is 18 (36) inches.
Also, is the yoke too small on the white shirt?
And are the diagonal lines from my pecs downward a symptom of bad fit, or just a natural result of prominent pecs?
I'm struggling to get a nice V-shape in my shirts since I have small shoulders and relatively wide hips. Is there something I can do to alleviate this?

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the waist too small on these shirts? I have a 31 inch waist, and the waist-measurement on these is 18 (36) inches.
And are the diagonal lines from my pecs downward a symptom of bad fit, or just a natural result of prominent pecs?
I'm struggling to get a nice V-shape in my shirts since I have small shoulders and relatively wide hips. Is there something I can do to alleviate this?

I, too, have lines going down from the pectoral region; I always have attributed them to my prominent pecs / a.k.a. "moobs". They don't bother me much. I find the rest of your shirt to be a pretty good fit.

I, too, received a pair of trousers in the Rust Soft Plain chino fabric. How do you find the fabric, yourself? I find it pretty shiny (against what I had imagined).

That Fox Bros flannel is to die for!

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I, too, received a pair of trousers in the Rust Soft Plain chino fabric. How do you find the fabric, yourself? I find it pretty shiny (against what I had imagined).

They do have a little bit of a sheen like that of cotton twill dress khakis. I expect it will quiet a little after a couple of washes. It's not really a parameter I consider as I had them made up as casual cargos; I literally wore them yesterday with a white t-shirt and sandals.

That Fox Bros flannel is to die for!

Innit? Apologies for the crappy photo; I only put them on for about one minute because it's 94 f*cking degrees here.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, closeup of the VBC Summery Grey, which has a fantastic texture:

I'm wearing the VBC blue-black Prince of Wales casually to brunch today:

But of course they'd make a great dress pant too.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, closeup of the VBC Summery Grey, which has a fantastic texture:

Does @Luxire have this fabric in a tan colour? Would be a great option to add if it's not already on the site, I have Gieves & Hawkes tropical pants in a tropical wool with a similar pattern I grey and tan and love them.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does @Luxire have this fabric in a tan colour? Would be a great option to add if it's not already on the site, I have Gieves & Hawkes tropical pants in a tropical wool with a similar pattern I grey and tan and love them.

They have a Minnis Fresco in a "Sand" color

I've been fence-sitting too long on getting a pair made from that.

JIMB

Reaction score

I get the diagonal lines, too. I think they are an imbalance between the pecs and the seat: the seat pulls back the fabric, and the first thing it catches on is the chest. Does it go away when you tilt your seat forward? It's possible that could be fixed with additional fabric in the hips, but make sure to add it to the back. Otherwise, shoulders and waist look OK to me, if you really wanted to make a change, I'd only try +1-2 cm on either. The blue shirt yolk looks better, is it larger?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehouseofcigars