• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just followed the website instruction, shirt waist 8 inches from armpit... supposed to be 18 inches, that is what fits me on my old shirt and if they request for the measurement on this part, it is suppose to be 18 inches not a great difference of nearly 1 inch.

Certainly looks off, unless there are darts or other types of reductions at the back.

variancelog

Reaction score
@Johnny5 Waist measurement is typically the narrowest part of the shirt, so on the shirt you receive (before you wash it) the narrowest part should correspond to your specified waist measurement. If you said 18 inches across, and also requested darts to the back, then it is open to question whether the darts are included in the 18" or should be removed unless specified, as Ashish points out. Hopefully you can determine what was the case here.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you said 18 inches across, and also requested darts to the back, then it is open to question whether the darts are included in the 18" or should be removed unless specified...

If waist measurement is provided, we make the shirt accordingly. Darts are added when requested and done to reduce the back of the waist. If the desired waist measurement is net after the darts, the same should be mentioned in the notes.

Ideally, such details should be clear on the website, which we are working on as well. Is also a challenge in a "notes" like ordering environment where "anything is possible".

Johnny5

Reaction score

Certainly looks off, unless there are darts or other types of reductions at the back.

Yes I did request for back darts but I have also stated my specifications as below:

1x Black Grey Tattersall Flannel - Neck: 15.00 - Sleeve: 32.50 - Fit: Custom - Collar: Button Down - Cuff: 2-Button - Back: Custom Pleats - Pocket: No - Placket: Yes - Custom_notes: NOTES: Your custom style and fitting requirements:
No pleats for back but I want two parallel vertical darts at the back(My guess is for making the shirt slimmer at the waist as shown in the measurements?) that is the same as my own shirt. All sizes listed are measurements from my shirt. Please do tone on tone stitching. - Chest: 19.00 - Waist: 18.00 - Bottom: 19.00 - Yoke: 17.00 - Biceps: 7.75 - Armhole: 9.75 - CuffSize: 8.00 - Length: 27.50 for $69.99 each

If Luxire made my shirt waist smaller than the waist I have stated because I requested for back darts then it simply doesn't make sense at all.

The website asked for shirt measurement that fits. So the customer will measured the shirt accordingly and might request for specific pattern / stitch/style.

If including back darts that I have stated will alter the waist and be off the measurement given, shouldn't the Luxire inform the customer first before making the garment?

And in the first place the back darts should bring the shirt to the waist size requested and not further shrink the waist size with a chance that it will not fit the customer at all if deviate from the measurements given?

Please do not tell me that my comment "No pleats for back but I want two parallel vertical darts at the back(My guess is for making the shirt slimmer at the waist as shown in the measurements?)" let you guys think that I am requesting for a smaller waist than what I have stated? I am just clearly commenting on the function of the back darts.

Anyway I am sending the shirts back today and hope to receive the corrected shirts soon.

Johnny5

Reaction score

If waist measurement is provided, we make the shirt accordingly. Darts are added when requested and done to reduce the back of the waist. If the desired waist measurement is net after the darts, the same should be mentioned in the notes.

Ideally, such details should be clear on the website, which we are working on as well. Is also a challenge in a "notes" like ordering environment where "anything is possible".

O come on, the customer measures the shirt which fits that is the purpose of measuring the shirt instead of body size right? Where in the world did you mention that we need to specifically state the measurements should be net after adding certain features? (back darts in my case)??

It should always be the other way round that you guys who are the experts should advise me right if certain changes / features will affect the measurements which I have requested? I hope this is not slowly turning into an ordering nightmare.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
Well, crap.

If that's the case then I've just made the same mistake. I'll just take the darts out and specify on future orders, but yeah, I did assume that where I provided a waist measurement and requested darts, that the waist measurement I provided would be the final number, eg the net-after-darts measurement.

Last edited:

Johnny5

Reaction score

Well, crap.

If that's the case then I've just made the same mistake. I'll just take the darts out and specify on future orders, but yeah, I did assume that where I provided a waist measurement and requested darts, that the waist measurement I provided would be the final number, eg the net-after-darts measurement.

Exactly.... And this is not a mistake on our end as customer. Why would we think otherwise?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
because we're being given free reign to play jazz with our requests which means the person on the other end may have to guess at what we mean or may be following an industry standard that we as lay people aren't familiar with and/or may wrongly assume is the opposite

Johnny5

Reaction score

because we're being given free reign to play jazz with our requests which means the person on the other end may have to guess at what we mean or may be following an industry standard that we as lay people aren't familiar with and/or may wrongly assume is the opposite

Yep if in doubt shouldn't we be advised? I am going for tailored shirts this year and thought that Luxire can be a good source for a few new shirts every month. Now with all these....

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a mixup. These things happen when you offer this level of customization combined with having to do everything over the internet.

HughJ

Reaction score
I had decent results on my trial shirt specifying the front and back panel widths at each button, tapering the back to mimic a darted shirt I have. Expecting a tweaked version soon....if this works out I may never need to darted again.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
O come on, the customer measures the shirt which fits that is the purpose of measuring the shirt instead of body size right? Where in the world did you mention that we need to specifically state the measurements should be net after adding certain features? (back darts in my case)??

It should always be the other way round that you guys who are the experts should advise me right if certain changes / features will affect the measurements which I have requested? I hope this is not slowly turning into an ordering nightmare.

Please take your debate to customer service over email for resolution. You can continue posting here as much as you want about the issue though.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I liked your images very much, and will love to place an order according to my requirement. Previously i have placed an order with zzz, who also gave me satisfied products.

Dear @styleforum , we need better spam filters. @emptym

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads