• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
VRaivio, you are right, if this happens to many other people, then of course it will start to raise red flags. It is also a very. . . interesting method that I have seen few other vendors do.

scrolls

Reaction score
VRaivio, you are right, if this happens to many other people, then of course it will start to raise red flags. It is also a very. . . interesting method that I have seen few other vendors do.

+1. Even Luxire's description of the events don't make it seem that egregious. About the collars and cuffs being sent without buttonholes, even if that is standard in the industry, a normal customer would never know that. I sure as hell would expect buttonholes on them and would never in a million years think I need to clarify that point.

Last edited:

p.henrik

Reaction score

My second shirt from Luxire and first pair of trousers: a navy denim chambray shirt (washed to lighten) and chinos in British Khaki Twill Chino 9oz. I am very pleased with the order particularly the shirt, especially given the back and forth I had in order to correct for the significant drop in my right shoulder. Have to say I highly recommend the twill, nice weight to it but yet still soft. Apologies for the poor quality pics!
Did we ever get an answer to what collar that is?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jimanchower

Reaction score
I'm about to take a job that will actually require me to wear a tucked shirt. Almost all of mine are of a length/style designed to be worn untucked, but I do have a good candidate to be used as a pattern with some minor adjustments. The new job starts in a month so I'd like to get things rolling.

Since the NJ office is closed until January, I plan to use the prepaid label to ship my existing shirt to India. I just want some minor adjustments to the measurements, so it should be pretty standard. The one thing that I do want to change is the collar. I know opinions vary, but is there a consensus safe bet for a collar option if it's always going to be worn open-collar and usually without a jacket? Looking at the item order page I was thinking of semi-spread but wondered if there are any "great" options. FWIW I'm going to request a slightly lowered second button, which I'll wear buttoned.

edit: the collar on atoms' shirts looks promising, and he provided these details: "These are their semi-spread collars but I order them at 1-3/4" height instead of their standard height (which I believe is 2"). They are unlined for my linen shirts. I just measured the length of the front edge and it's exactly 3". Except for height as mentioned, I've never changed the collars on my non button down Luxire shirts since the first order. Keep in mind I'm a small framed man with 16" shoulders. If you're much larger, the proportions could be off. HTH."

Last edited:

cardiffrover

Reaction score
@luxire Like the White Fresco Chambray, I can't customize and buy the "Monti of Italy - White Poplin 2/140" (the Monti 2/120 can't be purchased either). Please advise if there is a website or
stock issue.

vogs

Reaction score
What are the differences between the pocket styles. Are these slant pockets?

How can I advice Luxire to make the the buttonholes for the "lower waistband" (or however this is called) like this (with "eyes")?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
1) those are slanted pockets, since they are slanted. The other option would be pockets on the seam, which I'd recommend for high waisted trousers, or as a third option frog pockets, which add a certain charm to work wear inspired clothing

2) ask for the button holes of this lower hidden tab (not sure what it's actually called) to be made as key hole button holes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads