• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apologies again for communication delays. A few things going on and Theresa is on leave till early next week.

She is still replying to emails and is on the phone with the tailoring team half the day, but, is technically on leave.

We need to get her some help. It is not an easy exercise though.

Apologies again. Should be back to normal next week.

If you could look into my jacket. That would be great. I wanted to confirm some things before it was sent to me.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly. I'm starting to get concerned. I was quoted six to eight weeks about 11 weeks ago for my Mac, and since about five weeks ago I've been told "photos to come next week", every week. Then on Friday the 11th I was told photos by the end of next week and shipping early the next. I've heard nothing since then.

Come on Fox you know better than counting weeks from your time in the TOJ thread :p

Xtra

Reaction score
Apologies again for communication delays. A few things going on and Theresa is on leave till early next week.

Good to see you are handling this.

Do you have a way to handle the issue with fabrics running out and then being restocked with a slightly different fabric? That is a way to let the consumers know if it has been changed and when it was changed to a slightly different fabric?

Last edited:

SirJamesWinston

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Has anyone recently ordered a Classic Blue Oxford and noticed something different about the fabric? I have ordered a couple in the past that no longer fit me. My newest iteration arrived today and the fabric has a kind of pilling/fuzziness all over it, completely different from any of the oxford shirts I have ordered in the past.

I took some pics to capture it as best as possible and will have an email in to Luxire momentarily.

New shirt, you can see lots of spots with white fuzzy material. Not similar to any other oxford I've received out of the box, e.g. the pale pink classic oxford I received with this order.

Old shirt, really none of the same fuzziness.

This happened to me. Not only is the new material fuzzier, but it also feels heavier. I have washed and ironed it twice with no significant change. I like the material as it is warmer and more like flannel (and thus softer), but it would be a good idea for Luxire to list the two options for the Classic Blue Oxford as I don't think I can wear the more flannel like one in summer. If ordering again, ask for the non flannel like material, and they will use the original cloth.

Ketawa

Reaction score
This happened to me. Not only is the new material fuzzier, but it also feels heavier. I have washed and ironed it twice with no significant change. I like the material as it is warmer and more like flannel (and thus softer), but it would be a good idea for Luxire to list the two options for the Classic Blue Oxford as I don't think I can wear the more flannel like one in summer. If ordering again, ask for the non flannel like material, and they will use the original cloth.

Yes, I would describe it exactly like this. The fabric is almost like flannel. Not what I was hoping for in this shirt since I've ordered the same fabric in the past and I live in a fairly warm climate. Will update with Luxire's response once I hear back.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Not that particular circuitous route, but I had a package a couple of weeks ago travel from India to the UK, then when it was about 100 miles from me, it decided to go to the USA, move around there for a couple of days, and then come back to the UK and me. Courier companies move in mysterious ways... just think of it as your shirts getting a fun world tour in first, before settling down with you.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add to the suggestions going forward it would be ideal to have a more unique naming system instead of "pale blue stripes" "white stripes" "blue stripes" etc etc

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that particular circuitous route, but I had a package a couple of weeks ago travel from India to the UK, then when it was about 100 miles from me, it decided to go to the USA, move around there for a couple of days, and then come back to the UK and me. Courier companies move in mysterious ways... just think of it as your shirts getting a fun world tour in first, before settling down with you.
biggrin.gif
It got the tour!

I was mainly frantic because I had this sent to the location listed on my Paypal, which is an address I had to change after my last relationship ended and... forgot.

Being held for pickup a few miles away right now. Whew. All is right in the world.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
After all my moaning, I think it's only fair to say that I finally got a reply from Theresa just now, so she's definately hard at work.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After all my moaning, I think it's only fair to say that I finally got a reply from Theresa just now, so she's definately hard at work.

Here's hoping I get one soon! I also hope Luxire get's her some support, so she can have her well earned and deserved break.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not saying I complained about their communication, because I know at times they get overwhelmed, and they're still pretty good on communication, but I too just got an email from her quoting a price.

Chrisone

Reaction score
New record:
Got an answer from Theresa in only 5 minutes today!

Question:
Does someone have a picture of the NOBD2 with at tie and jacket? I can only seem to find them with air ties or not buttoned to the top.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the inside of the new shirt and compare it to the outside of the old one. Whilst I've never ordered a 2nd shirt, I've got the Classic Red Oxford some month ago. The outside was as fuzzy as the first picture and therefore looking like pink from a meter away. The inside of the shirt didn't have this fuzzyness and looked very much like the picture at the website.

I suspect something similar happens with the Sky Blue Summer Chambray. The picture at the website shows a End-on-End-like fabric, but lots of finished shirts looked like hairline stripes. Some said this is the new/improved version of the fabric, but it looks just the other side of my swatch.
This would be a hilarious explanation

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New record: 
Does someone have a picture of the NOBD2 with at tie and jacket? I can only seem to find them with air ties or not buttoned to the top.

She is still replying to emails and is on the phone with the tailoring team half the day, but, is technically on leave.

Go offline and turn off your phone, Theresa! A leave is a leave.

Last edited:

terra firma

Reaction score

I did too, but it was after I resigned myself to not hearing from them and placed an order that didn't really change much from my last.

Customer service is huge, and it isn't the customers problem. I understand its difficult to find people who you can depend upon to answer emails, but it isn't fair to Theresa to work during her break, and it isn't fair to the customer who has to wait long periods for a response. I love their product, and I will happily spend my money there, but with more and more issues cropping up (especially with regards to fabrics arbitrarily changing on the fly) I do wonder how much longer the quality of construction will matter in the face of all the other problems with the website, the lack of transparency on what fabrics are being offered, and the customer service response time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads