• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I did too, but it was after I resigned myself to not hearing from them and placed an order that didn't really change much from my last.

Customer service is huge, and it isn't the customers problem. I understand its difficult to find people who you can depend upon to answer emails, but it isn't fair to Theresa to work during her break, and it isn't fair to the customer who has to wait long periods for a response. I love their product, and I will happily spend my money there, but with more and more issues cropping up (especially with regards to fabrics arbitrarily changing on the fly) I do wonder how much longer the quality of construction will matter in the face of all the other problems with the website, the lack of transparency on what fabrics are being offered, and the customer service response time.

Cannot agree more. Without good service, a good product is incomplete.
The areas of focus right now are improving communication, more FAQs and the new website.

Other areas of inconsistencies are also being targeted to remove any concerns.
Fabric change is easier to solve and we had started a process about a month ago to solve it. We will probably not see much of it in the future.

terra firma

Reaction score
Other areas of inconsistencies are also being targeted to remove any concerns.
Fabric change is easier to solve and we had started a process about a month ago to solve it. We will probably not see much of it in the future.

That's interesting. What process are you referring to?

When is the new site due to launch? I thought it was going to be sometime in March?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also received my first shirt this week and was very impressed with the level of construction and how well the measurements came out but had a similar issue with the armhole. I emailed over some photos of me wearing the shirt to Luxire and got a response within 12hrs on how to (hopefully) resolve for next shirt - placing order today!

Emailing them some photos of you wearing both shirts and seeing what they think is definitely an option. I sent in measurements so didn't have an existing shirt for comparison.

Please update when you receive your next shirt on how this works out for you. For now I am holding off - the Luxire pattern doesn't seem to work for me so I think if I wish to proceed I will mail a shirt in. My shirt from them also pulls across my stomach and does me no favors - makes my small tire look like a big tire.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey DavidLane,

Have your jeans arrived yet? I'm thinking about getting some jeans made up and curious how your latest in-progress order turned out.

Thanks!

bbob,

I have them, but have been too busy to do a proper write up. In short they are GREAT! I ended up ordering 4 and the last two are damn near perfect. I will post some images in a few days. Luxire nailed the fit and details. Really really pleased.

Oh and I got the real copper rivets, which were hand hammered for good measure. Awesome!
smile.gif

Just keep in mind even with the best Bespoke tailor in the world, there will always be some tweaks. So if you go into the process knowing that the first pair may not be exactly the fit you want, you will be happy. Besides, name one brand who sells selvedge denim for 100$ and are custom made. You would be spending at least 225-400$ for a good pair of Tellasons or RRL that are OTR. In my opinion spending the extra $ on the perfect fit is a no brainer, and it was still less than most selvedge jeans on the market.

14oz dark denim, is great, and as always and stated before, never a concern at all with construction quality.

May do another pair in the future via CMT with my own denim.

DL-

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wish they had alternate seersucker fabrics (a pure white, and maybe a pale purple stripe, etc)

Last edited:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Can someone comment on how seersucker feels compared to pure linen or linen/cotton? Which is more appropriate for warm summer days? How's wrinkling?

@Luxire: What percentage of blends are the cotton/linen shirts usually?

SirJamesWinston

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My suggestion to Luxire in regards to the heavier weight Classic Blue Oxford is to offer both weights, the original, and this heavier material, with different names. For example: Classic Blue Oxford, and Classic Blue Winter Oxford or Classic Blue Oxford Winter Weight. I would buy more of the "Winter" in the future as I could wear it from September - May, living north of Boston. If only offering one, my preference is for the original as it can be worn year round where I live.

ammanati

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking for a classic white shirt which will work well as a wedding shirt. Suit is made of light cloth 8-9 oz so the fabric can't be to heavy. Wedding is in mid June and it might be very warm, average say 25degrees. Can you guys or Luxire recommend a proper one? It should be quite fine rather than 80/2 in order to look more elegant than an every day white shirt, I think. I'll appreciate your advice

Was thinking about that one: http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/superfine-white-200-2

I got shirts made of Lustrous white which potentially could work if made with French cuffs and lined collar

bbob2013

Reaction score
Canvas pants:

Can someone briefly educate me on canvas pants as above? Correct me if wrong, but it looks similar to Carhartt work wear fabric. I am in the US South and I never see anyone wearing this type of pant, I assume these are not appropriate for hot muggy weather and more of a winter pant? Would a pant like above be suitable for a business casual (think button downs no tie) environment?

Thanks

zeBanker

Reaction score
Funnily enough, I myself fell afoul of this today.

I ordered some pants in the Navy Twill Chino fabric (http://luxire.com/products/navy-twill-chino), having ordered some in it before which were a heavy cotton, large twill ridges, no sheen.

The ones I received today were a much lighter cotton, with quite a sheen to it. Not at all the same thing. And not to my tastes unfortunately, I am sure some people would like it, but it's just not for me (I should say that the rest of the constuction and measurements are spot on, of course).

The description of the fabric did not change between the two orders.

So it is an issue than I hope Luxire can fix, or at least make more transparent.
Exactly the same for me except I only heard of the "old" navy twill chino cloth. I received a kind of shiny, light one as well, which wasn't really my intention.
Though if you can deal with the shine and prefer I lighter fabric, I would even recommend it.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Exactly the same for me except I only heard of the "old" navy twill chino cloth. I received a kind of shiny, light one as well, which wasn't really my intention.
Though if you can deal with the shine and prefer I lighter fabric, I would even recommend it.
Seems like they increased the price of the navy twill chino. It's been like that for quite a while. I ordered these last October/November, and they were quite thin and shiny.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone briefly educate me on canvas pants as above? Correct me if wrong, but it looks similar to Carhartt work wear fabric. I am in the US South and I never see anyone wearing this type of pant, I assume these are not appropriate for hot muggy weather and more of a winter pant? Would a pant like above be suitable for a business casual (think button downs no tie) environment?

I like to think of it as a heavy casual fabric. Typical chino fabric is around 7oz weight and this stuff is more like 10oz so I absolutely wouldn't recommend it for hot humid environments. Of course it works for colder weather but I also think it has merit as a travel material due to its toughness and I plan to make dress cargos out of it (I travel a lot and am well on my way to having an entirely separate wardrobe just for travel). You could make a nice business casual pant out of it.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads