• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sky blue oxford wrinkles much more easily than most j crew or brooks bros oxfords. It's most similar to brooks' white oxford, which is a decent bit crunchier. I still like it and have 3 shirts in the stuff

I have two shirts that were ordered as the same "sky blue oxford" material and the first came as a typical oxford cloth and the second came as an iron free version. My experiences tell me that even when placing identical orders, the fabric can vary significantly.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, well, I have the sky blue oxford hanging next to a J Crew oxford in my closet and while they aren't identical, they're pretty close as far as oxfords go. The J Crew is a bit thicker, and older (I've washed it quite a few times, and I just got the Luxire one this past week), but it's still pretty similar.

edit: Which oxfords do you have and are any similar to the sky blue oxford? I'd like to pick up a few more but there's serious inconsistency with the details on Luxire's website.
I have had my sky blue oxford for around 9 months now, and I don't feel like they are similar, but that is just my opinion. My PRL shirt is more similar to the sky blue oxford.

I have the sky blue oxford, blue university stripes oxford, classic blue oxford, red university stripes oxford, warzone plus oxford and soon to have the peach casual oxford. I would say that the classic blue oxford are the most similar to sky blue oxford. the classic blue oxford is a little bit thicker, but they have the same softness.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed an order for the pale pink royal oxford. Will let you know what I think of it when it arrives. Collar is NOBD style curved cutaway but 4cm high at the back and 9.25cm collar points. No placket, single button cuff. Couple of minor fit adjustments since my previous order, looking forward to when it arrives :)

Frank Drebin

Reaction score
This thread has been very useful for me, so I'll use my first post on the forum to share some pictures and my experience with the six shirts I've ordered from Luxire so far.

From left to right: Green Blue Tartan, Blue University Stripes Oxford, Blue Dress Stripes Seersucker, Blue Micro-Gingham Linen, Dark Green Gingham Royal Oxford, Sky Blue Oxford

Ordered the Sky Blue Oxford on January 8th, and it shipped on January 21st.

I measured my best fitting shirt, which was far from perfect, and tweaked some of the measurements. The length of the old shirt was too long, so I reduced it on the Luxire shirt, resulting in a shirt that is way too short. Have only used this at home or under v-neck sweaters at work.

I usually don't iron my casual shirts, I just stretch them before letting them air dry, so please excuse the wrinkles.

Thin MOP buttons and hidden placket.

Off-center cuff button, no sleeve placket button, round sleeve placket end. Sent a drawing to Theresa with the measurements for the cuffs. I guess the round sleeve placket end was difficult to acheive with a sewing machine, so I didn't ask for it on my next shirts. The cuffs are lightly lined.

Asked for a collar based on timotune's collar in this post, but I specified a collar band height of 1 3/8". Asked for the collar to be unfused and lightly lined.

I ordered the Blue University Stripes Oxford on January 29th, and it shipped on February 4th.

Tweaked the collar band height, shirt length and the sleeve placket end.

Increased the length by 1". Still not perfect, but wearable at work.

Thin MOP buttons.

Same collar as the 1st order, but increased the collar band height to 1 1/2".

Same cuff details as in the 1st order, except for the sleeve placket end which I asked Luxire to change from round to regular (triangular).

Just to be sure, I asked Luxire to match the pattern at the yoke and the shoulders.

Pattern matching at the shoulder. Nice work!

Originally ordered a fabric called Scottish Green Blue Tartan Flannel on February 12th, but Theresa contacted me February 27th to tell me that they had run out of the fabric. On March 1st I changed it to Green Blue Tartan, and the shirt shipped on March 5th.

Once again I tweaked the collar band height and the length of the shirt. The fabric is really warm and fuzzy, so this has only been used on cold days.

Increased the length by 1", resulting in a shirt that is 2" longer than the Sky Blue Oxford. This is now the perfect length for my casual shirts - not too long when wearing untucked, and not too short to wear tucked.

Increased the collar band height to 1 3/4". A bit too high for my taste, especially with this warm fabric.

Pattern matching at the shoulder.

Ordered the Blue Dress Stripes Seersucker, Blue Micro-Gingham Linen and Dark Green Gingham Royal Oxford on March 12th, and they shipped on March 28th.

After quite a bit of sweating in the Green Blue Tartan I ordered some "summery" shirts. For the first time I only wrote "Same measurements and styling as in order #XXXX" in the notes, and it worked like a charm. Only asked for Luxire to lower the collar band height by 1/4", so the height is 1 1/2", the same as in the 2nd order. I liked the proportions of the collar in the 3rd order, so I asked Luxire if they could "scale down" the whole collar when decreasing the collar band height.

The seersucker wears cool, so I'll be using this a lot. My favorite shirt at the moment.

As always, thin MOP buttons.

I'm finally happy with my BD collar.

Pattern match at the yoke.

Pattern match at shoulder.

The seersucker texture. Haven't tried ironing this, and I don't think I will. It's not for the most formal days anyway. Just a bit more formal than linen shirts.

My first linen shirt from Luxire. It's 100 % linen, so it has a rough feel to it (as expected).

Not sure if I'll use this type of lightly lined collar on linen shirts again. Maybe I'll change it to medium lined, to avoid getting the collar too wrinkled during the day at work.

Linen fabric with some irregularities, which is normal. Dissolves to a medium dark blue a few meters away.

I'm impressed by how comfortable the Royal Oxford fabric is, so one of my next projects will be a white dress shirt in royal oxford with french cuffs and maybe the premium MOP buttons.

Didn't specifically write that I wanted pattern matching, so I'll start to do that when I want it, even when writing "same styling as order #XXXX" in the notes.

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score

Does anyone have any suggestions for a day-to-day blue from Luxire? I've got a ton of linen and I have the Sky Blue Summer Chambray, but unfortunately I believe the new Sky Blue Summer is a newer fabric that isn't as good as the old. Something close to this would be great.. I've got some swatches but was looking for other ideas as to what everyone liked. End-to-end and Chambrays preferred. Maybe an oxford.

http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-oxford Anyone have this guy and can testify to how soft it is, and maybe outdoor pictures?

http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-poplin

I use this for my day to day. Wrinkles, yes, but gets pretty soft after a few washes and is what I consider the ideal daily blue.

The blue end-on-end looked promising, though. http://custom.luxire.com/collections/end-on-end/products/pale-blue-end-on-end

Camacho

Reaction score

I received my first Luxire shirt.

They followed my measurements exactly - copied from a well-fitting shirt. However, the Luxire shirt is very uncomfortable. Whenever I reach for something the whole arm and shirt gets pulled with the arm. As such driving in the shirt causes the cuffs to ride up several inches.

What can I change or request to make the shirt more comfortable through the armhole and arm? Note it is not a numbers issue.. Luxire followed my numbers exactly, e.g. the armhole is just right at 11". It must be an angle or cut issue..

I also received my first shirt this week and was very impressed with the level of construction and how well the measurements came out but had a similar issue with the armhole. I emailed over some photos of me wearing the shirt to Luxire and got a response within 12hrs on how to (hopefully) resolve for next shirt - placing order today!

Emailing them some photos of you wearing both shirts and seeing what they think is definitely an option. I sent in measurements so didn't have an existing shirt for comparison.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a day-to-day blue from Luxire?

http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-oxford Anyone have this guy and can testify to how soft it is, and maybe outdoor pictures?

I have this and really like it; the colour is exactly the shade of pale blue I like most.

http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-poplin

I use this for my day to day. Wrinkles, yes, but gets pretty soft after a few washes and is what I consider the ideal daily blue.

By contrast, I found this to be a little too dark a shade of blue. Actually, it's not so much dark as it has a fraction more green in the blue than I ideally prefer. The 140/2 pale blue poplin (rather than the 120/2 one above) still up on the site also seems about right in colour, but can no longer be ordered, so I'm guessing it ran out. But I found one of the G&R end on ends to be more to my liking for a daily business shirt. It's sort of in between the sky blue oxford and the blue MattR links to:

http://custom.luxire.com/products/grandi_superchic_05850_09364_pale_blue_end_on_end

Landscape

Reaction score
Can anyone from Europe confirm that they weren't taxed additionally upon arrival of their items from Luxire? Their website states that "Canada, Europe shipping: $25 flat shipping fee on all orders placed on or after 27th-March-2014. Duties for such orders will paid by us. Your cost thus is all inclusive." I'm just being a bit skeptical, since the import taxes are usually so high and yet there isn't added anything to the price - almost sounds too good to be true :)

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
Since we're on the topic, anyone have experience with a lot of the oxfords and know how the Sky Blue Oxford compares with the Classic Blue Summer Oxford and the Blue Pinpoint Oxford in terms of weight/hand/wrinkleability? I think I've narrowed it to one of these three for my first Luxire purchase.

My first Luxire purchase was the Blue Pinpoint Oxford. I really like the fabric (in terms of color and softness) but I kind of butchered some of the measurements so I don't wear it all that often. When I do wear it, it's usually on the weekends with jeans. Might just be the way the shirt fits (due to the measurements I put in) that makes the shirt seem more of a casual shirt over a business shirt.

I subsequently purchased the Classic Pink Oxford (not seeing on their web-site any more). The pink fabric was much thicker and much heavier than the blue pinpoint.

Between the two, I preferred the blue pinpoint.

terra firma

Reaction score
My first Luxire purchase was the Blue Pinpoint Oxford. I really like the fabric (in terms of color and softness) but I kind of butchered some of the measurements so I don't wear it all that often. When I do wear it, it's usually on the weekends with jeans. Might just be the way the shirt fits (due to the measurements I put in) that makes the shirt seem more of a casual shirt over a business shirt.

I subsequently purchased the Classic Pink Oxford (not seeing on their web-site any more). The pink fabric was much thicker and much heavier than the blue pinpoint.

Between the two, I preferred the blue pinpoint.

I was looking at the blue pinpoint, but I'm not really sure I understand the difference between pinpoint/royal and all that when it comes to oxfords. The only metric I have to go by is weight, and very few fabrics are listed with the weight. I purchased an 80/2 blue gingham on my last run and I really do not like it. Waste of money for how thin it is.

Bonney

Reaction score
I did not know Luxire, what a discovery, I will ordering soon, thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics