• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my first Luxire shirt.

They followed my measurements exactly - copied from a well-fitting shirt. However, the Luxire shirt is very uncomfortable. Whenever I reach for something the whole arm and shirt gets pulled with the arm. As such driving in the shirt causes the cuffs to ride up several inches.

What can I change or request to make the shirt more comfortable through the armhole and arm? Note it is not a numbers issue.. Luxire followed my numbers exactly, e.g. the armhole is just right at 11". It must be an angle or cut issue..

Enthusiasm

Reaction score
Do you gents have any suggestions for a cheap fabric that could still be worn often, for my very first shirt? And as such, an expected less that optimal fit.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a day-to-day blue from Luxire? I've got a ton of linen and I have the Sky Blue Summer Chambray, but unfortunately I believe the new Sky Blue Summer is a newer fabric that isn't as good as the old. Something close to this would be great.. I've got some swatches but was looking for other ideas as to what everyone liked. End-to-end and Chambrays preferred. Maybe an oxford.

http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-oxford Anyone have this guy and can testify to how soft it is, and maybe outdoor pictures?

Last edited:

topos

Reaction score
http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-oxford Anyone have this guy and can testify to how soft it is, and maybe outdoor pictures?

No pics, but I have two shirts made in this fabric. I like it. Softness is clearly pretty subjective, but I'd say it's neither soft nor stiff (this is after 5 or 6 times through the wash), and wrinkles pretty easily, but given its casual nature this isn't a big deal for me. Living in the mid-atlantic, I wear this from about mid September to mid May.

terra firma

Reaction score

This is pretty soft considering the weight. I absolutely love the fabric and compared to a lot of other oxfords I've had in the past it's much much nicer. It's probably closest to softness to the oxfords from J Crew if that comparison helps.

I wish I knew which of Luxire's other oxfords were like that, and I really wish they offered more patterned oxfords because it's my favorite fabric by far.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of that Sky Blue oxford fabric. I intend to get one made up using the NOBD II collar (which I've had altered slightly on previous shirt orders to fit me better, longer collar points, slightly higher band) and cut like a "dress" sport shirt, Finamore style.

Also, does anyone own this shirt material http://luxire.com/products/purple_pinpoint_oxford - would be keen to hear reviews from those in the know :)

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No pics, but I have two shirts made in this fabric. I like it. Softness is clearly pretty subjective, but I'd say it's neither soft nor stiff (this is after 5 or 6 times through the wash), and wrinkles pretty easily, but given its casual nature this isn't a big deal for me. Living in the mid-atlantic, I wear this from about mid September to mid May.

I have this shirt and I agree softness is subjective, it is an oxford cloth after all. I don't find it wrinkles but I sit at a desk all day

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty soft considering the weight. I absolutely love the fabric and compared to a lot of other oxfords I've had in the past it's much much nicer. It's probably closest to softness to the oxfords from J Crew if that comparison helps.

I wish I knew which of Luxire's other oxfords were like that, and I really wish they offered more patterned oxfords because it's my favorite fabric by far.
I have 6 oxfords from Luxire and none of them are close to J. Crew's softnesses.

terra firma

Reaction score
I have 6 oxfords from Luxire and none of them are close to J. Crew's softnesses.

Alright, well, I have the sky blue oxford hanging next to a J Crew oxford in my closet and while they aren't identical, they're pretty close as far as oxfords go. The J Crew is a bit thicker, and older (I've washed it quite a few times, and I just got the Luxire one this past week), but it's still pretty similar.

edit: Which oxfords do you have and are any similar to the sky blue oxford? I'd like to pick up a few more but there's serious inconsistency with the details on Luxire's website.

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sky blue oxford wrinkles much more easily than most j crew or brooks bros oxfords. It's most similar to brooks' white oxford, which is a decent bit crunchier. I still like it and have 3 shirts in the stuff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads