• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

jaidog

Reaction score
While we're on the topic of ordering out-of-season items, has anyone ordered a shirt in the "Blue Summer Chambray" fabric? If so, can you comment on the quality of the fabric, and especially the color? I'm curious if the color is as bright as shown on Luxire's website or if it's more subdued. Pics would be appreciated, as well.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of ordering out-of-season items, has anyone ordered a shirt in the "Blue Summer Chambray" fabric? If so, can you comment on the quality of the fabric, and especially the color? I'm curious if the color is as bright as shown on Luxire's website or if it's more subdued. Pics would be appreciated, as well.
Search the thread for it. I know the SKY blue summer chambray is quite the hit, and is more versatile.

Edit: Content.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts are definitely shipping faster than ever. I placed an order on Nov 30th (6 shirts this time) and they shipped on Dec 9. I used the same measurements as my last order with no changes. The original estimate on the tracking page said they would be delivered today, but there were some unexpected delays and now my shirts are sitting in France, and the delivery estimate now says N/A. I'm still hoping they will get here by the end of the week.

jaidog

Reaction score
Search the thread for it. I know the SKY blue summer chambray is quite the hit, and is more versatile.

Edit: Content.

That's the strange part -- I did a search for chambray in this thread and came up with nothing regarding the blue summer chambray or sky blue summer chambray. But, I vaguely recall reading about it in the past, just don't remember exactly where.

joewmoss

Reaction score
Winter in AZ?
Yeah, there are extreme temps in the desert. I lived near Joshua Tree for a few years and during the winter there were temperature swings of 50 to 60 degrees sometimes between 4 am and noon. It would be in low 20's when I left for work at 4 am.

jaidog

Reaction score
Search Tool Broken??

The "Search This Thread" tool doesn't seem to be working correctly for me. Just as a test, I found post #1928 with the word "dobby". When I search for "dobby", only three posts and post #1928 is not one of them. I verified that I'm not selecting a time-frame for the search. This could explain why I can't find any information about the blue summer chambray.

Is this the correct place to post about this problem or should I post somewhere else so it can be investigated??

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've lurked this thread for a while
most of my clothes are thrifted and while I have aquired a few amazing pieces Im going take with me to the grave, staples are hard to come by
being very slim and 6' 5 doesn't help
im thinking about slowly transitioning a good portion of my shirting and suiting to luxire but I had a few questions
I think it was timo that posted a wonderful button down pattern he had created with a wide spread and exaggerated roll, I was just wondering whether he could post a photo of the shirt with the top button undone to see what it looks like when not worn with a tie
also which of the oxford shirting materials is the most "oxfordy" meaning corse and heavy and well "oxfordy"
also has anyone requested button cuffs on trousers a la ambrosi?
and finally can someone post a photo/check in on how their pique polo shirts are doing after some wear, only things posted about them were right out of the box

kayhill

Reaction score
Just got my latest shipment from Luxire. Very impressed with the quality once again and this time it was a much faster turnaround (16 days).

Pic (more pics and a review here)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my latest shipment from Luxire. Very impressed with the quality once again and this time it was a much faster turnaround (16 days).

Nice! Collar and fabric deets please?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The ultimate peacoat/overcoat fabric is here: 100% Wool, Made in England. 30 OZ WEIGHT

Will be warm enough even with no lining.

kayhill

Reaction score
Nice! Collar and fabric deets please?

Yup as Xtra said it is the light blue bengal stripe. I get the English Spread collar, but I ask for a slightly higher sitting collar (4.8cm) and 3.25 inch collar points. Having said that I have a longish neck and a long face so it may not be suitable to ask for a bigger collar.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks fantastic! I thought the space between the lines was bigger, would need to order this fabric!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads