• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any pics of my jacket, Luxire? Really looking forward to seeing it!

Not sure which one will that be. If the quilted navy flannel then it is in finishing. Pictures possibly tomorrow.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
I have this fabric too. It's one of my favourites. I find it sits somewhere in between a more typical width bengal stripe & a wider butcher stripe. Very nice indeed, and quite an unusual width/spacing compared to the standards either side.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have this fabric too. It's one of my favourites. I find it sits somewhere in between a more typical width bengal stripe & a wider butcher stripe. Very nice indeed, and quite an unusual width/spacing compared to the standards either side.

Do you have any more standard bengal stripes from Luxire? Going to be ordering one soon, trying to decide which fabric.

Wade

Reaction score
Wearing my shirt today with NOBD collar and I have to say its a nice collar

It's spread but still good with Fih knots and looks nice with top button unbuttoned too

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Wearing my shirt today with NOBD collar....

... looks nice with top button unbuttoned too

If it is not too much trouble, can you provide a fit pic of the NOBD unbuttoned? 90% of the time I am wearing dress shirts without a tie and was wondering how the NOBD would look. I am skeptical that it would frame the face in a way that makes it looks "fatter"

DarkDestiny

Reaction score

Wearing my shirt today with NOBD collar and I have to say its a nice collar

It's spread but still good with Fih knots and looks nice with top button unbuttoned too

I too would like a full body shot of it if it is not too much trouble (face blur or whatever you wish).

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:Do you have any more standard bengal stripes from Luxire? Going to be ordering one soon, trying to decide which fabric.

Not yet, it's one I keep an eye out for each time I order from them, but so far, no sign. I'm probably going to try this one: http://luxire.com/products/blue-dress-stripes at some point, though. The stripe looks to be a bit thin, but acceptable for a bengal, but ideally I'd want the white and blue stripes to be the same width. There's also this one: http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/indigo_bengal_stripes which has the right width & spacing, but the blue is too indigo for me (and I'm not sure white in between isn't actually a pale grey), so I'm not planning on trying it.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it is not too much trouble, can you provide a fit pic of the NOBD unbuttoned? 90% of the time I am wearing dress shirts without a tie and was wondering how the NOBD would look. I am skeptical that it would frame the face in a way that makes it looks "fatter"

Here's mine from earlier in this thread.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not yet, it's one I keep an eye out for each time I order from them, but so far, no sign. I'm probably going to try this one: http://luxire.com/products/blue-dress-stripes at some point, though. The stripe looks to be a bit thin, but acceptable for a bengal, but ideally I'd want the white and blue stripes to be the same width. There's also this one: http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/indigo_bengal_stripes which has the right width & spacing, but the blue is too indigo for me (and I'm not sure white in between isn't actually a pale grey), so I'm not planning on trying it.

Thanks, quite helpful. Agree with both of your points--I prefer my stripes to be of equal width and the second one is too dark.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, they have to have a "normal" bengal and dress stripe.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most recent order came in today, clockwise from top right:

Blue Small Graph Checks, Steel Blue End-on-End, Easy-to-Iron Navy Graph Checks, Blue University Stripes Oxford, Red University Stripes Oxford, Blueish Green University Stripes Oxford

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most recent order came in today, clockwise from top right:

Blue Small Graph Checks, Steel Blue End-on-End, Easy-to-Iron Navy Graph Checks, Blue University Stripes Oxford, Red University Stripes Oxford, Blueish Green University Stripes Oxford

These look great. I love university stripes. What kind of button down collar did you go with/specify? I'd be curious to see these with a tie.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks AAS. I wasn't too specific with the BD collars, I just asked for a nice roll and sent them some pictures of collars I liked. They're pretty good at looking at pictures and then making something similar. I'm going to get these cleaned this weekend, and then next week I'll probably wear a tie with a few of them. I'll post some pics of how they look with a tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads