• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Order #1 was a success, so it's time for order #2:

http://custom.luxire.com/products/white-grey-plaid-flannel

and

http://custom.luxire.com/products/blue-university-stripes-oxford

cheers.gif

Tommi

Reaction score
^^ Thank you. Surprisingly light, considering that it's called 'Heavy' and there are other similar chino fabrics that are heavier, yet they aren't named 'Heavy'.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Thank you. Surprisingly light, considering that it's called 'Heavy' and there are other similar chino fabrics that are heavier, yet they aren't named 'Heavy'.

It was the heaviest when we launched pants :)

It is a different fabric altogether. It feels fuller than the weight signifies. It is also extremely soft and comfortable.

joewmoss

Reaction score
Shirt Jacket in 14 Oz Selvedge Denim: Body lined with Cotton flannel, sleeve with Bemberg

I thought I would give a quick update on this since I just it yesterday. Fit and construction are both excellent. It is the 14oz denim so it's pretty heavy which is good. The denim is very dark indigo in natural light and I would expect that it will fade over time. The flannel lining is the twill variety and feels like it's of good quality...The color is more vivid than the website photo.

Only one issue with a special feature that I requested which will require fixing by a local tailor, although not something that prevents me from wearing it.

I'd definitely recommend this for those of us in the southwest US where winters are mild unless you're in the mountains (Mammoth, Tahoe, Flagstaff).

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Red Plaid 100% wool shirt: Black cat-eye buttons, leather patch on elbows, chain-stitch all over, denim chambray ascent inside collar, yoke, under pocket flaps, gussets etc.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that coat is tremendous. I need to get some DB coat from you guys soon. I just fear winter will be over in Phoenix by the time I receive it! Not a shot at the long wait time, it's a shot at our short winter.

How long is the wait on shirts at the moment?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow that coat is tremendous. I need to get some DB coat from you guys soon. I just fear winter will be over in Phoenix by the time I receive it! Not a shot at the long wait time, it's a shot at our short winter.

How long is the wait on shirts at the moment?

That is a distinct disadvantage with custom made seasonal clothing. We don't feel like buying winter wear in autumn. When we need it, we cannot wait for something that may take a month to make.

Most of the items we make are timeless. They can be worn for years without showing sign of age or really going out of style.

Shirts are shipping really fast. Only shirts orders are going out in less than 2 weeks, many in just 1 week.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a distinct disadvantage with custom made seasonal clothing. We don't feel like buying winter wear in autumn. When we need it, we cannot wait for something that may take a month to make.

Most of the items we make are timeless. They can be worn for years without showing sign of age or really going out of style.
That's a good point. I think I'll order a coat from Luxire in the future, but not this winter. Better to order more linen around Feb.

Awesome! So my order made on 11/30 will be shipping relatively soon.. Perfect for some job interviews coming up. Stoked to try that 1738 collar.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a good point. I think I'll order a coat from Luxire in the future, but not this winter. Better to order more linen around Feb. 

Awesome! So my order made on 11/30 will be shipping relatively soon.. Perfect for some job interviews coming up. Stoked to try that 1738 collar.

Winter in AZ?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter in AZ?
Some form of it. It gets around the high 20's, low 30's in the morning and evening. But I layer accordingly to where I'm down to something like a thin chambray or linen shirt and winteresque tie in the afternoon (see the WAYWRN thread for Luxire linen chambray shirt).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads