• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's the reasoning behind CMT prices? Pants for example are 179.99 but if I buy inhouse fabric I can get pants with the same amount of handwork and details but for 110 euro. Why is this? I would use the CMT-service a lot if it was cheaper.
It’s ridiculously pricey which doesn’t make any sense
CMT prices: The long history of this thread has all the information.

With CMT, there are a lot of issues.
1. In tailoring, there can be errors. With our own fabric, we just need to cut a new length and restart. With customer fabrics, we need to be extra careful.
2. People undersend/oversend fabrics. That whole conversation with the customer can sometimes get extended.
3. There is the handling of logistics for receiving the fabrics. Many times, customers send fabrics directly through the fabric seller. It then becomes a 3-way conversation.
4. The payment of duties on the fabrics delivery. That becomes another conversation with the customer.

If you want to get multiple quantities made in one go and have your pattern dialled in with us, do send us an email. We will offer you some discount.

Last edited:

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire, talking of CMT, what length of 150cm-wide shirting is required for an average shirt? Might have a connection on some exceptional quality deadstock shirting, and wondering if we can get a group buy going…

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire, talking of CMT, what length of 150cm-wide shirting is required for an average shirt? Might have a connection on some exceptional quality deadstock shirting, and wondering if we can get a group buy going…

2m works in most cases.

May vary on the size of the person and the size of the checks/stripes/prints if we need to pattern match.

Bersabee

Reaction score
CMT prices: The long history of this thread has all the information.

With CMT, there are a lot of issues.
1. In tailoring, there can be errors. With our own fabric, we just need to cut a new length and restart. With customer fabrics, we need to be extra careful.
2. People undersend/oversend fabrics. That whole conversation with the customer becomes painful.
3. There is the handling of logistics for receiving the fabrics. Many times, customers send fabrics directly through the fabric seller. It then becomes a 3-way conversation.
4. The payment of duties on the fabrics delivery. That becomes another conversation with the customer as he is sometimes "shocked".

It is nice to use terms like "ridiculous" and "makes no sense" after understanding the whole chain.

If you want to get 20 shirts and 20 pants made in one go, do send us an email. We will offer you some discount.
I'd like to clarify that my comments were made to pricing relative to Luxire's other offerings. Their pricing is significantly better than anything you can find elsewhere (to my knowledge).

Either way, I don't see the purpose in using this service unless you're sending in a deadstock/vintage fabric. I'd think Luxire would have preferential pricing when ordering with mills compared to an average person.

Matt1986

Reaction score
Have others also experienced Luxire gotten much slower in responding to emails the last 1-2 months? I often have to follow up one week later to get a response to questions

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
Have others also experienced Luxire gotten much slower in responding to emails the last 1-2 months? I often have to follow up one week later to get a response to questions
I have been purchasing from Luxire for about 10 years now and they have almost always responded within 24-48 hours. In the last couple weeks, I have been corresponding about a new order and they have been consistent in response times.

evilmerino

Reaction score
I've been really searching for a good heavyweight cotton drill or canvas fabric for chinos.
Tried a bunch of fabrics so far and none of them have really hit the mark.
Trying to find a good navy (not too dark/close to black), here's a good example from Spier & Mackay:
Spier&Mackay-ry-3117-Navy - Heavy Canvas Chino (3).jpg

Most of the ones I've found so far are fairly shiny, or too lightweight (under 250g).
The closest seems to be the Brisbane Moss options but they all start at $299, hoping to find a more casual pricepoint.

Camillo

Reaction score
I've been really searching for a good heavyweight cotton drill or canvas fabric for chinos.
Tried a bunch of fabrics so far and none of them have really hit the mark.
Trying to find a good navy (not too dark/close to black), here's a good example from Spier & Mackay:

<pic>
Most of the ones I've found so far are fairly shiny, or too lightweight (under 250g).
The closest seems to be the Brisbane Moss options but they all start at $299, hoping to find a more casual pricepoint.
I would go for the linen-cotton canvas:

Not sure if they are the right shade of navy though, as I own trousers in olive made from this fabric. You don't have to be worried about the addition of linen, because it's a really heavy fabric which drapes well and has a good wrinkle resistance. The fabric has a distinct weave which allows them to maintain a more casual character.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I would go for the linen-cotton canvas:

Not sure if they are the right shade of navy though, as I own trousers in olive made from this fabric. You don't have to be worried about the addition of linen, because it's a really heavy fabric which drapes well and has a good wrinkle resistance. The fabric has a distinct weave which allows them to maintain a more casual character.
These look really nice. Unfortunately, now they are out of stock. @luxire any thoughts on when the blue linen-cotton canvas will be back in stock?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These look really nice. Unfortunately, now they are out of stock. @luxire any thoughts on when the blue linen-cotton canvas will be back in stock?
1 in stock, can be ordered now.
Working on getting more.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Harvest

Reaction score
@luxire

Hey there, I'm thinking of ordering swatches for a jacket to pair with a "peached cotton twill" pants from Studio Nicholson, it's quite dense yet lightly brushed for softness. Do you have any recommendations for a heavy black twill that would be suitable for a unlined unstructured jacket?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads