• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Hey there, I'm thinking of ordering swatches for a jacket to pair with a "peached cotton twill" pants from Studio Nicholson, it's quite dense yet lightly brushed for softness. Do you have any recommendations for a heavy black twill that would be suitable for a unlined unstructured jacket?
Brisbane Moss Keats is an excellent heavy twill, also available in black.

dynemacron

Reaction score
Jacket attempt #2 just delivered today--quarter lined from Luxire. Pretty much out of box with the quickest of pressings... Third photo shows the color the best.

@Blastwice, thanks for the photos of the olive wool-linen from VBC. They helped along side the ones Luxire sent.

Attachments

• PXL_20230417_231912943.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230417_231912943.MP.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 212
  • PXL_20230417_231922159.jpg
    PXL_20230417_231922159.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 317
  • PXL_20230417_232108448_exported_634_1681774412529.jpg
    PXL_20230417_232108448_exported_634_1681774412529.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Brembana shirts are as good as they get.

Great thank you! Conveniently on sale too! Will the sale go on for a while?

I assume I can still purchase an item and provide the details later via E-mail once I confirm sizing?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great thank you! Conveniently on sale too! Will the sale go on for a while?

I assume I can still purchase an item and provide the details later via E-mail once I confirm sizing?
yeah that's what I usually do if I find something on sale and need to confirm details. Just choose "provide own style sample" or whatever the last styling option is called.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look really nice. Unfortunately, now they are out of stock. @luxire any thoughts on when the blue linen-cotton canvas will be back in stock?
They are nice, but if you're looking for something that will stay fairly dark I woudn't go down this route as they fade a lot and quite quickly. They go from looking smart to looking well worn with just a few washes. I still like mine, just something to be aware of.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire any chance for a restock of linen-cotton canvass in cream? I had trousers made in 2017 and was hoping to grab another.
Hey mate, sorry for the delayed reply.

It is in transit and should arrive early next week

DWave

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been lurking this thread for sometime, and I think the last time I posted anything was back in 2018.
During the past year or so, I've ordered a number of trousers and shirts from Luxire.
I'll post a few pics of the fits later on - especially on the shirts, since I saw someone asking about their fit.

However, now I'm also starting to get fed-up with RTW sportscoats and suits that I have in the closet, and thought to venture onto Luxire's suiting options.

Anyone whos ordered sportscoat or suits from Luxire, could you share some pictures on the fit and if you had to request anything to be done specifically to your wish?
More specifically, I'm interested in the roll of the lapels and the fit on the shoulders.

Thanks in advance :)

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire

I would like to order a popover shirt like the attached photo, using my previous order measurements and collar style. What would be the best way to provide details? My previous order is from 2019. Thank you!

Attachments

• popover.png
    popover.png
    1 MB · Views: 161

dynemacron

Reaction score
They look very good.. any possibility to share a few pics of those? is the color somewhat accurate in the ones you posted?
luxire - 1.jpeg

Outside not direct sunlight.

luxire - 2.jpeg

Inside, 4000 kelvin kitchen lighting.

Hey guys,
I've been lurking this thread for sometime, and I think the last time I posted anything was back in 2018.
During the past year or so, I've ordered a number of trousers and shirts from Luxire.
I'll post a few pics of the fits later on - especially on the shirts, since I saw someone asking about their fit.

However, now I'm also starting to get fed-up with RTW sportscoats and suits that I have in the closet, and thought to venture onto Luxire's suiting options.

Anyone whos ordered sportscoat or suits from Luxire, could you share some pictures on the fit and if you had to request anything to be done specifically to your wish?
More specifically, I'm interested in the roll of the lapels and the fit on the shoulders.

Thanks in advance :)
Sharing because its hard to find jacket examples from Luxire, and I went out on a limb to try it. I know others would want to see what they are producing. Personally, I'm happy with the results. Thinking about ordering another one and fine tuning some more; they are very wearable, they don't ride up when moving arms or when sitting. The canvassing is breaking in nicely as well. Note for both of them, I did ask--and pay a small fee extra-- for a hand-padded lapel.

Grey is first iteration, based on measurements provided for a jacket I have. Dugsdale NFW, fully lined.

luxire - 3.jpeg luxire - 6.jpeg luxire - 8.jpeg luxire - 9.jpeg

Green is second jacket, VBC Wool Linen fabric, only requests were to clean up the back and collar from Luxire--shortened sleeves about a CM and adjusted the lapel size, button stance, lapel height. Green also is quarter lined, so there is no lining to get it to drape as nicely.

luxire - 10.jpeg luxire - 5.jpeg luxire - 7.jpeg luxire - 4.jpeg

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
View attachment 1945181

Outside not direct sunlight.

View attachment 1945235

Inside, 4000 kelvin kitchen lighting.

Sharing because its hard to find jacket examples from Luxire, and I went out on a limb to try it. I know others would want to see what they are producing. Personally, I'm happy with the results. Thinking about ordering another one and fine tuning some more; they are very wearable, they don't ride up when moving arms or when sitting. The canvassing is breaking in nicely as well. Note for both of them, I did ask--and pay a small fee extra-- for a hand-padded lapel.

Grey is first iteration, based on measurements provided for a jacket I have. Dugsdale NFW, fully lined.

View attachment 1945237 View attachment 1945243 View attachment 1945247 View attachment 1945249

Green is second jacket, VBC Wool Linen fabric, only requests were to clean up the back and collar from Luxire--shortened sleeves about a CM and adjusted the lapel size, button stance, lapel height. Green also is quarter lined, so there is no lining to get it to drape as nicely.

View attachment 1945251 View attachment 1945241 View attachment 1945245 View attachment 1945239

Let me know if you have further questions.
You provided measurements over email, based on an already existing jacket? How did they manage to match the sloping of your shoulders (or lack thereof) so well? I mean, the back drapes really well without major pulling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads