• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Athletes, who have had issues with their shirt fit, please write to us.

We have worked on some new pattern developments which give you the desired fit and comfort.
What exactly does this new pattern accomodate better? My pattern now it’s almost there but I have a big shoulder to waist drop

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully taken a higher rise pants and had a pair of jeans made with a medium rise?

I have never found a pair of jeans that really just fit right. I have a very athletic build with large legs and always struggle with rise being either way to high or low. The best pair of jeans I currently have still have too low of a rise.

Not sure if the process is easier to take a well fitted pants pattern and lower the rise to a medium stance or take jeans with too low of a rise and make higher. Thoughts?
For what it is worth, I did some jeans with the same pattern as my other trousers. I found the fit to be very good, but would probably decrease the width around the thigh and decrease the rise!

MrBokito

Reaction score
I ordered two pair of trousers during Black Friday and was pretty hyped about it because it was the first time and saw all these awesome results in this topic. Few weeks ago I sent my favorite pants and shirt to India. Worst case scenario: my package got lost in the mail. So sad.. :(

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Mid Grey Wool Flannel 100% Wool pants that I ordered from Luxire 3-4 years ago, I don't reach for them often as I always found them quite itchy (despite lining to the knee)

Anyone found any tips/tricks for getting them to soften up?

MrBokito

Reaction score
What does your tracking say?

Tracking did not work anymore after the package left The Netherlands. A security case was started by DHL but the package is just untraceble after it arrived somewhere in Germany. Had the hope for weeks that it nonetheless would arrive at Luxire, but unfortunately that's not the case.

fox81

Reaction score
Tracking did not work anymore after the package left The Netherlands. A security case was started by DHL but the package is just untraceble after it arrived somewhere in Germany. Had the hope for weeks that it nonetheless would arrive at Luxire, but unfortunately that's not the case.

mine has been stuck in indian customs since 28 Dec. Hopefully it pops out the other side soon.

Rautej1

Reaction score
Athletes, who have had issues with their shirt fit, please write to us.

We have worked on some new pattern developments which give you the desired fit and comfort.

What about FAThletes? :)
Joking aside, I mean the athletic guy with a significant volume around his torso and belly, but with slim arms and legs? (A hobby cyclist who does nott lift, however has a great endurance but eats too much basically)

Usually the armpits are to small, because biceps circumfence seems quite small, but the part around the torso has more volume...

Would you suggest measuring some well fitting shirt?
Or trying to adjust the shirt I ordered by measuring my body? (which honestly, didnt end up very well)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What about FAThletes? :)
Joking aside, I mean the athletic guy with a significant volume around his torso and belly, but with slim arms and legs? (A hobby cyclist who does nott lift, however has a great endurance but eats too much basically)

Usually the armpits are to small, because biceps circumfence seems quite small, but the part around the torso has more volume...

Would you suggest measuring some well fitting shirt?
Or trying to adjust the shirt I ordered by measuring my body? (which honestly, didnt end up very well)
That is not a problem. We can get you a great fit.

Customers with significantly narrow waist would see the sides flare out at the bottom, if they go for a slim fit. We worked on that aspect to keep the fit clean and slim.

Rautej1

Reaction score
Further to 1up's post above, I ordered VBC flannel. Is it an itchy fabric? Should I have them lined?
I have them lined half front legs, seems OK. Its not crazy itchy, but man, they are warm ?
I would probably not like wearing them totally unlined...

Rautej1

Reaction score
Heh I'm not sure I follow, how does lining make them LESS hot?
Well I didn't sayining makes them less hot, at least I didn't mean to say that ?
But it makes them more comfortable / the itching more bearable...
And honestly, it's not such a big deal. I have some old woolen pants in the theatre as a part of a costume, these itch big time, and even these are like "first 10 mins" then I forget about it completely...

Edit: I might have mystified you guys, my trousers are actually Dugdale flannels, not VBC... Sorry for the confusion...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads