• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the first of my Black Friday order yesterday with my Minnis Navy Mock Leno jacket with full canvass, a Milanese lapel buttonhole, handmade buttonholes and double pick stitching.

fit pics will come after a proper press, but they really nailed down my pattern and the fit seems pretty spot on.

I love seeing photos like these, thanks for sharing man.
With all the typical newcomer negativity around this time of year, we sometimes overlook all the positives that Luxire offers.

Megakurth

Reaction score
I love seeing photos like these, thanks for sharing man.
With all the typical newcomer negativity around this time of year, we sometimes overlook all the positives that Luxire offers.
Folks need to look for the positives. Took less than 5 weeks from order to door and the fabric had to be ordered. I’m extremely impressed.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks need to look for the positives. Took less than 5 weeks from order to door.
This. Ordered 6 trousers and 23 shirts. Received the last part today. That's beyond great.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. Ordered 6 trousers and 23 shirts. Received the last part today. That's beyond great.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA this is freaking awesome!

I ordered 3 shirts and a pair of trousers. Still waiting on the trousers as it was part of the covert twill order from VBC.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AHAHAHAHAHAHA this is freaking awesome!

I ordered 3 shirts and a pair of trousers. Still waiting on the trousers as it was part of the covert twill order from VBC.
Just checked my order history. I missed one order. It was 31 shirts total ? I blame that d*mn last minute Brembana and Monti sale.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked my order history. I missed one order. It was 31 shirts total ? I blame that d*mn last minute Brembana and Monti sale.

The fact Luxire can pump out 30+ shirts for a single customer (during Black Friday) in the span of 5-6 weeks is absolutely impressive.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact Luxire can pump out 30+ shirts for a single customer (during Black Friday) in the span of 5-6 weeks is absolutely impressive.
Yes, I'm very impressed. It's safe to say I'm (almost) done with my shirt wardrobe and fall/winter pants. Next black Friday I'll complete my summer/spring pants collection.

Camillo

Reaction score
@luxire or anyone else, is there a big difference between soft and medium fused collar? I think the medium fusing is a bit too stiff but actually have experience only with thicker fabrics and I don't really know how it will look like with thiner ones.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully taken a higher rise pants and had a pair of jeans made with a medium rise?

I have never found a pair of jeans that really just fit right. I have a very athletic build with large legs and always struggle with rise being either way to high or low. The best pair of jeans I currently have still have too low of a rise.

Not sure if the process is easier to take a well fitted pants pattern and lower the rise to a medium stance or take jeans with too low of a rise and make higher. Thoughts?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire or anyone else, is there a big difference between soft and medium fused collar? I think the medium fusing is a bit too stiff but actually have experience only with thicker fabrics and I don't really know how it will look like with thiner ones.
Medium fusing is usually done with 2 layers of the fusible. Light fusing with a single layer. There are other factors that come into play like fabric thickness, weave etc.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Athletes, who have had issues with their shirt fit, please write to us.

We have worked on some new pattern developments which give you the desired fit and comfort.

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Athletes, who have had issues with their shirt fit, please write to us.

We have worked on some new pattern developments which give you the desired fit and comfort.
Now, I wouldn't dare call myself an athlete but I have the calling cards of an "athletic" physique - large chest, back, legs, buttocks and small waist. Last week I asked for fit advice and sent in pictures from which at least my back taper is evident. Should I in addition this have mentioned that I spend a lot of time at the gym? End the mail with "btw I work out"? :D

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Now, I wouldn't dare call myself an athlete but I have the calling cards of an "athletic" physique - large chest, back, legs, buttocks and small waist. Last week I asked for fit advice and sent in pictures from which at least my back taper is evident. Should I in addition this have mentioned that I spend a lot of time at the gym? End the mail with "btw I work out"? :D
:D
If you do, we will not take exception. We do get a lot of such emails.
Nothing wrong in it either. How else will we know.

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
:D
If you do, we will not take exception. We do get a lot of such emails.
Nothing wrong in it either. How else will we know.
I've gone ahead and added that information to my already overlong fit suggestion mail convo. Thank you for the heads up!

What initally prompted me to ask for a fit suggestion was mainly a post of yours from way back when saying you had created a new trouser pattern, and I wished to know if I would benefit from it (as I belive quesjac was told he would, if my memory serves me). However, I never got any clarity in that regard as the trousers were deemed well fitting. Who exactly would benefit from this "new" pattern?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpie44