• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Los Angeles tailor and cost of shirt darts?

dgsdm

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a tailor near downtown or k-town? I need to have some shirts taken in, sleeves shortened and some sport coats taken in as well.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Hi all - new to the forum, been lurking for a few months. Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd bump this old one.

I'm looking for Los Angeles area tailor recs (a tailor where I could potentially one-stop shop for pants/shirts/jacket alterations) -- also, was looking for East Side recs (Los Feliz / Silverlake / DT / K-Town), but of course open to any great recs in the LA metro.

I had been going to Marina at First Class Tailors but the quality of the work/craftsmanship has been steadily going downhill -- agree with sportin_life above.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated, and thanks again, forum is a great resource!

zzzzap

Reaction score
Ditto. Just moved to LA and looking for a tailor recommendation to work on some suits. Are there any good options Downtown? I'm willing pay up because the suits are pretty nice.

tgod93

Reaction score
Ditto. Just moved to LA and looking for a tailor recommendation to work on some suits. Are there any good options Downtown? I'm willing pay up because the suits are pretty nice.

i just moved to LA last week and im in dire need of a reliable tailor!!! i really dont care where in LA as long its within a 30min drive of Pasadena area.

I was going to consider first class tailor but after reading a few negative reviews on this thread im hesitant...

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i just moved to LA last week and im in dire need of a reliable tailor!!! i really dont care where in LA as long its within a 30min drive of Pasadena area. 

I was going to consider first class tailor but after reading a few negative reviews on this thread im hesitant...

Check out Cairo Tailor in San Marino. They're not cheap but they know what they're doing. I have all my tailoring work done by them.

tgod93

Reaction score
i just dropped my suit off at Maya & Company. Has perfect reviews on yelp but ill wait till I see the results to post here.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
i just dropped my suit off at Maya & Company. Has perfect reviews on yelp but ill wait till I see the results to post here.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/maya-and-company-pasadena

Assume that is the tailor you're referring to?

How did the suit turn out? Be curious to hear, would love to find a tailor more convenient for me (I live in Los Feliz, work in the Valley, but trek all the way out to George's in Santa Monica)...

AleksDissan

Reaction score
I’m looking for the same... a place to get some darting done on my shirts in the San Gabriel Valley area?

yelnatasch517

Reaction score
Have you found a place to have your shirts tailored? I'm looking for one in San Gabriel Valley/ Downtown LA area also.

whirlwynds

Reaction score
for dtla, recommend nam's, 137 E 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90014, USA. fast, cheap, and good! usually can do small alterations on the spot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads