• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an error on Gilt. I ordered the 9.5US, but I got a 9.5UK. I returned it. However, the 8.5US (which is actually 8.5UK) appeared (someone must have returned it), and I bought it immediately. Even with conversion to CAD, it's a good deal.

Can anyone tell me what this means, please?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PSA: I just received an email from Pediwear announcing their winter sale. Really good discounts on a wide range of Loake shoes. Just ordered a pair of the burgundy Strands on Dainite soles.

JonSmythe

Reaction score
Last time I tried ordering Loake shoes from them, they didn't notify me that they'd sold out / never had inventory, until a few days later. Pretty poor communication too via email (responses took ~24 hours each time even when I was instantly replying to their emails).

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last time I tried ordering Loake shoes from them, they didn't notify me that they'd sold out / never had inventory, until a few days later.  Pretty poor communication too via email (responses took ~24 hours each time even when I was instantly replying to their emails).

Sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. I have had several smooth transactions with Pediwear, including an exchange for a defect. I just received shipping confirmation for this order. With the additional Loake club discount and free shipping the total came out to $215.

Last edited:

shiroang

Reaction score
Just took photos of my Loake Cannon this morning.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
smile.gif

papercut

Reaction score
Hey guys, what size would I be in a Loake whitehall loafer if i wear the following:
Carmina
Inca UK8
Rain UK8
Simpson UK8.5

Inca fits me the best, rain is comfortable and simpson is snug.

Happy holidays!

ciny

Reaction score
Hey guys, what size would I be in a Loake whitehall loafer if i wear the following:
Carmina
Inca UK8
Rain UK8
Simpson UK8.5

Inca fits me the best, rain is comfortable and simpson is snug.

Happy holidays!

Personally with the Loake whitehall a half size increase from my regular size is needed to a achieve a good fit.

Last edited:

kelvw

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Loake boots for Christmas. Very pleased with it especially with a dainite sole.

and won a generous box full of goodies from Loake
smile.gif
Jumper and socks from missus.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the thread, kelvw and thanks for your photos! Those are beautiful boots and I love the look of the cleaning box.

kelvw

Reaction score
thank you
smile.gif
It looks like Loake has changed some of the items in the box. The brushes handles are all black now and the polishing cloth is sort of dark grey.
They've included an extra shoe horn which I believe it only came with one. (it might be an extra freebie)

Last edited:

Xristo

Reaction score
Given loake have now restricted online retailers shipping to Aus, I will never by another pair again.

There's hardly a place in Melbourne, Aus that carries a half decent range, and now that they don't allow me to buy from my fav online retailers, they have forever lost me as a customer.

AlexHffK

Reaction score
Loake 1880 Buckingham dark brown.
A little less than one year old seeing 1-2 times wear each week.

Treated with mostly Burgandy Saphir Cream polish, a few times brown or neutral cream polish.
Black polish on tip, neutral polish on the rest.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Loake 1880 Buckingham dark brown.
A little less than one year old seeing 1-2 times wear each week.

Treated with mostly Burgandy Saphir Cream polish, a few times brown or neutral cream polish.
Black polish on tip, neutral polish on the rest.

Looking good... I still have a pair of these on my short list to pick up soon!

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buckinghams really are nice shoes! I have them in mid brown and tan. Made on the capital last, the same one as used for Strands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads