• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 513

your thoughts on 513

• aite

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • wack

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • get apczzzz

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

68stang

Reaction score
It's not a code for 40% but rather a card I have that is tied to an employee. My friend is a manager and put me down as his one person to receive a card and discount. I don't shop at UO much but it will come in handy if I need levi's or to buy my fiancé stuff from Anthropologie.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I purchased the 521 slim tapered as beater jeans (lol). Ehh. I want to like levi's, (classic durable jeans at a good price) but none of their 10,000 cuts work on me. The fit was too baggy at the knees, then did this weird thing where the last few inches were tapered, so the hem was awkwardly small while the calves were baggy. May rehop on the Dior train.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I purchased the 521 slim tapered as beater jeans (lol). Ehh. I want to like levi's, (classic durable jeans at a good price) but none of their 10,000 cuts work on me. The fit was too baggy at the knees, then did this weird thing where the last few inches were tapered, so the hem was awkwardly small while the calves were baggy. May rehop on the Dior train.

How much did you size down? I went down 2 from my normal tagged size and they were a true slim jean

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went TTS, I have wide hips or something cuz I lack body fat but most jeans are too tight in the waist otherwise. So I usually size up on the skinniest cuts. Guess that explains it.

68stang

Reaction score
I went to UO today with the intension of getting the 513 in the dark neppy denim but they didn't have any 31's in stock and no surrounding stores had them. I purchased the Standard Cloth brand dark slim straight jeans that fit almost identical to the 513. I have a discount employee card from my friend that is a manager and it was tax free weekend. I paid $65 or so for the jeans and an obey chambray shirt which fit very well. The shirt was $23 down from $80+

These should hold me over until I can snag some Left Field slim straight cone mills denim.

DrBassie

Reaction score
Here's the measurements from my pair. This is my favorite Levi's cut that I've tried.

513 34W 30L

Front Rise: 10.5
Back Rise: 14.75
Thigh: 12
Knee (roughly): 8.5
Hem: 7.25

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here's the measurements from my pair. This is my favorite Levi's cut that I've tried.

513 34W 30L

Front Rise: 10.5
Back Rise: 14.75
Thigh: 12
Knee (roughly): 8.5
Hem: 7.25

Wow, thanks for posting the measurements. These are identical to my last pair of Mabitex. :laugh:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also be interested to hear anyone's experience with the 521. A higher-rise version of the 511 may be what I'm looking for.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't posted for a while, but I needed some new cheap jeans and I came back here to see what's with it these days with your back-to-school fashions. I checked out both 513 and 521 today. I too was hoping for 511 with a higher rise, but neither of these is it.

The 521 looks absurd unless you want puffy thigh pantaloons. 513 still is more room in the thighs than I would like, it looked a little weird around the knee but maybe just needed some wear. 513 might have been OK sized down 1, but they don't make 31x34 in the rinsed from what I can tell. I'm not sure if Levi's waists are getting bigger or if I've lost weight, but both 521 and 513 were too loose up top all over the place without sizing down, and even then the fit is questionable. I dunno, disappointing overall, I guess I'll just deal with lower rise 511 and look a little dated than bother with 513.

TheDroog

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to try on the 513's this weekend. It has potential. The thighs fit slim like the 514s, but taper going down for a slimmer overall look. The rise is only a tad higher than the 514s. The Levis's website says they sit on the waist, but I didn't think that's true. They definitely didn't sit on my waist. The rise is still not as high as the Gap Authentic fit (fit me extremely well but discontinued) but this might be the Levi's line that fits me best.

HinkHall

Reaction score
I've been wearing 513's most days now for the past 2.5 weeks. I usually wear 514's, and they used to be the best fitting pant I owned, but 513's are an improved version. The leg feels slightly slimmer, the cut follows my leg a lot more, as there is much more discernible taper from the thigh through the legs. The high waist is also very nice, I find it to be more comfortable. If I had a camera I'd post a pic of me wearing both. These are the best fitting Levis' I've ever worn hands down, and I highly recommend them as a much better 514.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics