• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge May 27, 2016 : Freestyle Friday

Who Freestyled The Best?

• Gerry Nelson

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • jcmeyer

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • RoSaCe

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Prince of Paisley

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • pravda

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • bienluienapris

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Thin White Duke

• upr_crust

• Mr Knightley

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • DiplomaticTies

• Coxsackie

• mco543

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This week's challenge is a simple one - Freestyle Friday.

Anything in the Classic Menswear realm goes, including fits from the WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style thread.

Post your best fit of the week.
The cut off is Sunday morning and the poll will close on Monday evening.

The winner will need to organise the next challenge within a day of the poll closing. This is very important to keep us on track. If you don't know how to organise the challenge, there are many people here who can help so don't let that dissuade you from entering. I've added some guidelines below:

You need to come up with a theme for the next challenge. This theme is entirely up to you but I'm sure there will be plenty of ideas

Once you do, start a new thread in the Classic Menswear forum with a title like "Friday Challenge <Date> - <Title>".

Make an announcement in the HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) and WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style threads with a link to the challenge.

Just before voting is due to start, edit your thread to include a poll, add in the entries and choose a closing date for the poll.

You can see how the other challenges have been run and pretty much copy the format.

Reach out if you have any questions.

The Nominees

Thanks, Gerry, but I don't know how you expect anyone to learn how to "organise" something when you can't even spell the word correctly. Looking at you, too, Cleav.
wink.gif

I wore this today. Let it ride!

My entry for this week, I've been going to Meursault and Nuits Saint Georges to drink wine, unfortunately, no pictures in the vineyard, just the outfit while I was leaving Paris

Well this is what I wore on Friday, and seeing as the rules of this thread are more liberal than Bernie Sanders, I'll happily contribute:

Vince SC
Cuccinelli shirt
Incotex slacks
Prada shoes
Leyva belt

Ah, I love Nuits Saint Georges
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

My entry :

23hax5c.jpg

5ziko0.jpg

2h54axk.jpg

Details on the blog ...

Recycling Monday's eye-popping assault of color . . . .

Also recycling a WAYWRN outfit (from Wednesday) with new shibumi tie:

Here's my quick effort. Actually wearing this right now at Sydney Airport, hat included.

Sorry for the grainy-crappy iPhone 5s image. I'm trying to hang on for the iPhone 7 release...

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Gerry, but I don't know how you expect anyone to learn how to "organise" something when you can't even spell the word correctly. Looking at you, too, Cleav. ;)

I wore this today. Let it ride!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Americans were speaking English long before @Cleav 's people!

Last edited:

RoSaCe

Reaction score
My entry for this week, I've been going to Meursault and Nuits Saint Georges to drink wine, unfortunately, no pictures in the vineyard, just the outfit while I was leaving Paris

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Gerry, but I don't know how you expect anyone to learn how to "organise" something when you can't even spell the word correctly. Looking at you, too, Cleav.
wink.gif

Not sure about that. Plenty of Americans seem to have managed to organise challenges prior to this.

CraftsmanCo

Reaction score
Sorry guys, we didn't realize the winner will need to organise the next challenge within a day of the poll closing. Thanks for voting us and you guys are awesome! My bad and we will participate this challenge! I got some ideas in my head!!

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vince SC
Cuccinelli shirt
Incotex slacks
Prada shoes
Leyva belt

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads