• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

streetminimal

Reaction score
I think I saw a pair of those on urban outfitters but it can't be shipped internationally for some reason.

Reaction score
I tried a couple of pairs and I'm not really liking mine. I think I like the old ones better. Well, it's just me.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sayocean
where did you hear that from? just curious. When I worked at levis, we wouldn't accept returns for stfs

I believe that I was told that at a store - but, it could have been in a dream. I inquired at Levi.com CS and got this back:
If you are not completely satisfied with our product you can return the
item(s) in any condition with in 60 days of purchase. Instructions to
return to Us.levi.com:

We accept returns for any reason within 60 days from the date your
item(s) shipped with a receipt or packing slip. All return shipping
charges must be prepaid. We do not accept C.O.D packages.

Risk free and 25% on everything today and maybe tomorrow. Plus they send you an email for 20% off if you return something.

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
25% off sale today and free shipping. You have to hunt around the web for a banner ad that you click on to activate free shipping, my hotmail page often has it.

lynch_king

Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal
I think I saw a pair of those on urban outfitters but it can't be shipped internationally for some reason.
think it has something to do with levis being fucksall expensive in other parts of the world. i remember seeing 501's in the $100USD range when i was in japan

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lynch_king
think it has something to do with levis being fucksall expensive in other parts of the world.

i remember seeing 501's in the $100USD range when i was in japan

In Vienna earlier this summer, 501s were 100 Euro for 90% of them, with a few older pairs going for around 65. They had awesome red ones though!

Also, Chuck Taylor high tops were like 70 Euro, **** is insane.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
What did they do to the wash on these? They are designed to fade quickly. Not sure if I like the look of quick-fade jeans. It's not as bad as pre-distressed, but something about the wash is a little weird. I have a pair of black ones where, even after a few washes, the dye comes off on my skin if I've been sweating from skating.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
In Vienna earlier this summer, 501s were 100 Euro for 90% of them, with a few older pairs going for around 65. They had awesome red ones though!

Also, Chuck Taylor high tops were like 70 Euro, **** is insane.

Same here in The Netherlands, that's why I mostly buy my jeans/shoes/shirts online from the US or UK

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
I was just looking at these - they aren't STF. You can get 40% off regular price coupon on one of the coupon sites that should work.

Thanks. The 40% off coupon makes these seem like a good deal. What's the denim like? Do you think it will fade well?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Thanks. The 40% off coupon makes these seem like a good deal. What's the denim like? Do you think it will fade well?

http://www.dealigg.com/story-Levis-Store-Coupon-Code
Click on the 15% off then enter ACTIVE2010 at checkout and you'll get 40% on top of the 15%.
They'll probably fade fine, but others may speak to that with more insight - I try not to fade them.

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Anybody know if this pair is shrink to fit (http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...194290.3265795)?
I emailed them but no response. They might be a good substitute for some 1947's.

I ordered a pair with the 40% off survey link. I had emailed my question about sizing, the XX, etc...

The response I got 2 days later.

"Samantha here from Levi's(R). Thanks for checking in with us.

The Levi(R) 501(R) Rigid Selvedge is a pre-washed jean. The sizes shown are true to size and only recommend getting a bigger size for a more relaxed look.

If there's anything else we can help you with, be sure to email us back or give us a call at 1-800-USA-LEVI Monday - Friday from 6:00am - 4:30pm Pacific Time.

Thanks again,

Samantha
Levi Strauss & Co.
Consumer Relations
sherna3633416"

In the description its says its washed but after opening the package up at lunch today they are pretty dark and stiff so maybe they're just sanfordized? I haven't bought raw since high school in the mid 80s so I can't tell the difference. I tried on some STFs a while back and these "feel" the same.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eczerwonka
I ordered a pair with the 40% off survey link. I had emailed my question about sizing, the XX, etc...

The response I got 2 days later.

"Samantha here from Levi's(R). Thanks for checking in with us.

The Levi(R) 501(R) Rigid Selvedge is a pre-washed jean. The sizes shown are true to size and only recommend getting a bigger size for a more relaxed look.

If there's anything else we can help you with, be sure to email us back or give us a call at 1-800-USA-LEVI Monday - Friday from 6:00am - 4:30pm Pacific Time.

Thanks again,

Samantha
Levi Strauss & Co.
Consumer Relations
sherna3633416"

In the description its says its washed but after opening the package up at lunch today they are pretty dark and stiff so maybe they're just sanfordized? I haven't bought raw since high school in the mid 80s so I can't tell the difference. I tried on some STFs a while back and these "feel" the same.

What waist size did you get and what is actual measurement?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads