• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heres the measurements for the new jeans i just received..in case someone is curious

31x34

waist: 16"
b. rise: 14"
f. rise: 9.5"
thigh: 12"
knee: 8"
hem: 7"
inseam: 35.5"

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
heres the measurements for the new jeans i just received..in case someone is curious 31x34 waist: 16" b. rise: 14" f. rise: 9.5" thigh: 12" knee: 8" hem: 7" inseam: 35.5"
Those are nice specs, they fit very well!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Painted arcs?
crazy.gif

enarchay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
Couple of questions...

In regards to the 501, I notice that in certain pictures, it looks like the hem width looks pretty wide, whereas in others it is slimmer. I prefer the hem width to be on the slimmer side so the jeans don't go past my shoes. In the pictures where they look slimmer, did the users have them tapered? Or do the hems get wider as the size goes up or something?

How much does it usually cost to have the pants tapered if they are really wide?

And, finally, how much do Levis 501s tend to stretch out after the initial wash, and once they've stretched, can they be shrunk down again without affecting the break-in period? I bought a pair of 501s in my usual size, and they fit perfect after having gotten in the tub with them, but I'm worried that they will become too loose over time.

Anyone?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Most denim stretches. My 501s stretch in the waist a little but shrink back up with a soak. Once you determine the size that works for you, you shouldn't end up with stretching that you can't tolerate. I usually get my waist TTS and extra length (2-3 inches).

I think the hem width will look different depending on the waist size you get. I've found that, naturally, my 501s will look skinnier and have a smaller hem if I size down in the waist, and will look baggier and have a larger hem if I size up. Makes sense, no?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got today my first pair of Levis since I left school

levis 519 skinny leg. Same cut as some Paul Smith red era, 105 euros instead of 240 .

Do you like them ? SF aproved?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
heres the measurements for the new jeans i just received..in case someone is curious

31x34

waist: 16"
b. rise: 14"
knee: 8"
hem: 7"
inseam: 35.5"

i just measured a pair of 32x34 Matchstick Jeans - Kaihara Selvedge

waist: 16.5"
b. rise: 14.2"
knee: 8.4"
hem: 7.2"
inseam: 36"

sayocean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Never really had too much love for Evisu.

...but on Levi's? Really?

You guys do realize that Levi's painted arcs on to 501s during WWII to save materials for the war effort right? This isn't something new. And i'm sure over time, the paint will chip away, just like the LVC 44s.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hanry01