• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is why you don't put your face near the face of s strange dog.
lefty

Yeah, it was a pretty dumb thing to do! Women would sometimes try to smooch Dempsey. They'd get a warning growl, and they would act rather hurt and offended. I wonder what their reactions would be if I tried to smooch them. For some reason, they don't try it with Cyrus, who is actually much friendlier with strangers than Dempsey. Maybe it's his black coloration and yellow eyes--I don't know.

I have long had the sense that the Dogo is among the more human-aggressive of the "molosser" breeds. I didn't see the video, so I don't know if the dog gave her fair warning or not. He looked friendly in the still photo as her face approached his muzzle.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ultimately, this was the owner's fault. Held the dog too tightly which added to his stress and he should have warned the anchor off when she dropped to her knees. The bite didn't look that bad - it was more of a warning. Stitches for certain.

Now had she done that to this Presa X Pit *****...

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hunting Bull Terriers.

Change the head and you have a smaller Dogo.

picture%204439.jpg
picture%204480.jpg
picture%204388.jpg

Handsome boy.

picture%202486.jpg

lefty

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ultimately, this was the owner's fault. Held the dog too tightly which added to his stress and he should have warned the anchor off when she dropped to her knees. The bite didn't look that bad - it was more of a warning. Stitches for certain.

Now had she done that to this Presa X Pit *****...

lefty

I remember one guy on a dog forum (Bandog Banter, maybe?) describing every Presa X Pit he'd encountered as "Hell waiting to happen." Now I see what he meant!

Those hunting Bull Terriers look far more lean and athletic than your show-type Bullies...unsurprisingly. Where are they located?

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those guys have some great looking dogs. It seems I've seen Serbia mentioned as a source for dogs before, what is the back story? Different social philosophy regarding dogs? Is there still a large hunting culture?

I like this lean Dogo and of course the Terriers.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The first Jadgs I ever saw were out of Serbia. Crazy little F***ers.
Any of the eastern European countries are going to think twice before they feed and breed a dog that will not hunt.

I agree he has some nice dogs. See the insane eyes on some of those Patts?

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The first Jadgs I ever saw were out of Serbia. Crazy little F***ers.
Any of the eastern European countries are going to think twice before they feed and breed a dog that will not hunt.

I agree he has some nice dogs. See the insane eyes on some of those Patts? 

lefty

Exhibit A:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like his Sight Hounds / Lurchers as well. A "Bully-Lurcher" Pitt x Greyhound:

Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I notice the guy we're talking about with the hunting Bull Terriers, Patterdales, etc., gives for his contact information a telephone number in the 323 area code, which is mostly center-city Los Angeles. Curious that. I surmise that it might be a cell phone number he hasn't changed. Central LA wouldn't seem a very congenial locale for him and his dogs, I should think.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warning - sad post:

Last summer my miniature poodle got rocky mountain spotted fever. Because it went untreated for about a month, the rmsf became widespread and the vet recommended that the dog take antibiotics for an extended period of time. She has been on the antibiotics for 3-4 months. While on the antibiotics, she refuses to eat and becomes lethargic. So the vet prescribed a steroid. With the steroid, she acts 100% normal, has a good appetite and is playful. But recent blood tests show that her white blood cell count is still elevated, which means the rmsf is still present and the continued use of antibiotics is necessary. But her kidneys are not doing well. The 'number' (whatever it refers to) is supposed to be around 30 (the lower, the better). Her number is 78. The vet said once she reaches the 90s, she will be in big trouble. The vet wants to get her off the steroid, as continued use of it in her condition will probably harm her kidneys and push that number higher. But without it, she will not eat and becomes lethargic. She is eating a special kidney-friendly diet. Needless to say, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The vet said she may only have a month or two left to live. This is pretty devastating. The dog is not even 2 years old. I'm posting this in hopes that someone can empathize or (hoping against hope) someone has a bright idea.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads