• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lebron biggest b@$#tch ever

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
I hate LeBron as much as the next guy, but it's patently absurd to think there are 50 basketball players who were ever better than this guy. You people bought the Jordan mythos hook, line and sinker. One player can't win championships, period. Lebron's supporting cast was worse than godawful. You know who the backup, 2-guard on the Cav's was last year? I haven't checked the depth chart, but there's a very good chance that it was me? That "he never won anything" is a huge load of bullshit".

Are you joking? Are we supposed to reward people for potential? Where's Shawn Kemp on the list? It's all about mentality. Lebron looks like the guy that can be mentally broken, that's why he's not on the list. He certainly has the skillset to be a top 50 player, no question about it.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Are you joking? Are we supposed to reward people for potential?

Where's Shawn Kemp on the list?

It's all about mentality. Lebron looks like the guy that can be mentally broken, that's why he's not on the list.

James has been playing at the highest level possible for about six years now. That's not potential. It's actual greatness.

You clearly know **** all about basketball. It's not boxing. Players don't win. Teams do.

You name me one player "greater" than LeBron who won a chip with a worse supporting cast than he had. Even Kemp, your wasted potential example played with Payton. The best teammate Lebro has had up to this season is Mo ******* Williams.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
James has been playing at the highest level possible for about six years now. That's not potential. It's actual greatness.

You clearly know **** all about basketball. It's not boxing. Players don't win. Teams do.

You name me one player "greater" than LeBron who won a chip with a worse supporting cast than he had. Even Kemp, your wasted potential example played with Payton. The best teammate Lebro has had up to this season is Mo ******* Williams.

Now I'm wondering if YOU know basketball.

Yes, teams win games, but you don't always need to have the most talent to win games. Take a look at NBA finals in 2004, Lakers vs. Pistons. Clearly, LA had the more talented team but they lacked the cohesive mentality to win (thanks to Kobe).

He currently is a phenomenal player, and physically most gifted but his decision making still isn't as sound as it can be. Personally, I think he lacks reliable post moves in his repertoire and relies too much on athleticism.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are you talking about? The 2004 Pistons were unstoppable that year. One of the best assembled starting 5, they were a beast on defense. RWallace, BWallace, Hamilton, Prince and Billups were all All Star caliber that year.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
James has been playing at the highest level possible for about six years now. That's not potential. It's actual greatness. You clearly know **** all about basketball. It's not boxing. Players don't win. Teams do. You name me one player "greater" than LeBron who won a chip with a worse supporting cast than he had. Even Kemp, your wasted potential example played with Payton. The best teammate Lebro has had up to this season is Mo ******* Williams.
Let me save everyone some time - there isn't anyone. We can also wait a few months and look at the Cavs' record to see Lebron's impact on the W/L column

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you joking? Are we supposed to reward people for potential? Where's Shawn Kemp on the list? It's all about mentality. Lebron looks like the guy that can be mentally broken, that's why he's not on the list. He certainly has the skillset to be a top 50 player, no question about it.
Please name 50 that have had his stats/accomplishments through their entire careers.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
What are you talking about? The 2004 Pistons were unstoppable that year. One of the best assembled starting 5, they were a beast on defense. RWallace, BWallace, Hamilton, Prince and Billups were all All Star caliber that year.

Now I'm wondering if YOU know basketball.

Yes, teams win games, but you don't always need to have the most talent to win games. Take a look at NBA finals in 2004, Lakers vs. Pistons. Clearly, LA had the more talented team but they lacked the cohesive mentality to win (thanks to Kobe).

He currently is a phenomenal player, and physically most gifted but his decision making still isn't as sound as it can be. Personally, I think he lacks reliable post moves in his repertoire and relies too much on athleticism.

The mailman didn't play and he tried to **** Kobe's wife. That team had problems going into the Finals...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still wouldn't say the Lakers are leaps and bounds more talented that year. Malone was aging badly, missed half of the season. The 2004 Pistons team is being argued as one of the best defensive teams of all time, they demolished the Lakers. For their careers, the Lakers is probably the most talented overall, but to not give the Pistons credit is a shame. He just made it sound like the Pistons were such a pushover compared to the Lakers.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally some people who actually watch basketball come and weigh in... jesus christ I was beginning to think that I'm crazy.

How the **** people can deny Lebron's talent and incredible accomplishments so far is unbelievable to me.

Shawn Kemp is a good example of wasted potential, but come the **** on. Even look at his team; Payton, Perkins, Schrempf, Hersey Hawkins....

Lebron had what? Please, let's compare some NBA finals line ups. I am struggling to think of a worse team than the Cavs. Lakers, Spurs, that doesn't even need to be discussed they're deep. Jordan had Pippen, Harper, Kukoc, and Kerr. Great, cohesive team. He didn't have to do it himself.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't buy the whole "no championships" argument in team sports. tennis, golf, sure...because you're the only person in control of your fate. what happens when you're teamed up with a bunch of shitheads that can't pull it together? why should that lessen your cred? that kind of logic gives way to saying that adam morrison is a better player simply because he has a ring...

i'm not apologizing for lebron, but dude is ******* good and has plenty of personal awards/accomplishments to back that up.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So lets see if I got this straight... the Cavs sucked because they were a bunch of talentless pussies scraped together from a pool of the worst basketball players ever to set foot on a basketball court in any country. Lebron James was forced to shoulder the load of an entire team for seven years and he's amazing and godlike. None of these other sub-Lebron greatest players of all time actually make his team better, they just happened to be gifted with great team supporting casts and none were as good as Lebron because they didn't take 89 percent of the shots and instead got a bunch of journeymen to play like a cohesive unit.

Gotcha. I don't recall ever saying that Lebron sucked. Just for the record. He may someday be one of the 50 greatest basketball players of all time. As of right now, he's not, cause he's barely done anything besides make a giant ass of himself on television and put up a bunch of stats without actually making them count for anything. You can always look at this like he's never gotten any help. You can also look at it like he's not a team player. Only time will tell which one is real. He's got help now. Is he going to be a team player?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you want to bastardize it, sure....

my position extends further than just lebron. is marino not one of the greats simply because he never won a super bowl?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
if you want to bastardize it, sure.... my position extends further than just lebron. is marino not one of the greats simply because he never won a super bowl?
If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick the three best QB's of all time, he's not on the list. His stats might make an argument for it, but stats do not trump winning. That being said, his career is over, and you know where he stands historically. You do not know where Lebron James stands historically. You can only guess at this point how many games he'll win, how many years he'll play, etc.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
would you put him in the top 50?
Yeah, in fact he probably sneaks into the top 10. But if you went by his stats, he's probably (to this point) the second best QB of all time. Thats what I'm saying. He's not the second best QB of all time. Stats lie. To judge Lebron on what he's done up until now, if he retired before he went to Miami and left the sport forever... would you rank his less than a decade of play one of the 50 greatest basketball careers of all time? I think thats a stretch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads