• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Looking for advice on a moto jacket. I have narrowed it down between these 2 Allsaints options. Ignore the outfits but which of these would you choose based on fit and look?

1. Tyson - softer leather and a matte appearance; minimalist look. Less of a slim fit but still slim.

Is it too big? It feels like a good fit and I think the angle of the photos makes the length look actually longer than reality.

2. Wick - more bells and whistles and a shiny appearance; slim fit. Not sure how I feel about the belt and more sheen.

I feel with the Tyson non belted lesther I can just toss it on over a tee. Whereas with the belted jacket it might not look as good with just a tee.

1. Doesn't look like it fits very well, too big. 2. Fits and looks better.

Also consider Superdry leather jackets which are 'similar' quality for cheaper and have a slim fit. Both are made in China but imo Allsaints are overpriced. I have also owned Allsaints in the past but now that I have bought a higher-end leather jacket (Simmon Bilt Cafe Racer) I would not ever buy Allsaints or similar ever again, they are poor in comparison.

Save your money and get something that will last the rest of your life, because leather jackets are really an example of paying for what you get and when owning something for many years it's important to feel pride in owning it. You may think you are 'saving' money, but all you are doing is spending money that could instead be used to pay for a Schott / Simmons Bilt / Aero etc.

EDIT - Add some detail and clarifications.

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Doesn't look like it fits very well, too big. 2. Fits and looks better.

Also consider Superdry leather jackets which are 'similar' quality for cheaper and have a slim fit. Both are made in China but imo Allsaints are overpriced. I have also owned Allsaints in the past but now that I have bought a higher-end leather jacket (Simmon Bilt Cafe Racer) I would not ever buy Allsaints or similar ever again, they are poor in comparison.

Save your money and get something that will last the rest of your life, because leather jackets are really an example of paying for what you get and when owning something for many years it's important to feel pride in owning it. You may think you are 'saving' money, but all you are doing is spending money that could instead be used to pay for a Schott / Simmons Bilt / Aero etc.

EDIT - Add some detail and clarifications.

Both those were in large. I did try the the first in medium as well. I thought it might be too tight but maybe not. I do have a $400 allsaints gift card so prefer to go that route ideally..

Here is the first Tyson in medium. I do have broad shoulders and a big chest.

Attachments

• 20220326_191032.jpg
    20220326_191032.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 157

Moostyle

Reaction score
Both those were in large. I did try the the first in medium as well. I thought it might be too tight but maybe not. I do have a $400 allsaints gift card so prefer to go that route ideally..

Here is the first Tyson in medium. I do have broad shoulders and a big chest.
Ok yeah then it makes perfect sense if you have a gift card, I didn't that into account of course! Close-fitting is good but don't buy a Medium if it noticeably restricts your arm/chest movement or can't be zipped up without difficulty (or at all). That means it's too small and if you put on any weight or muscle mass you're screwed.

When taking photos of fit for others to judge try and stand square, not leaning forward, and take photos of the jacket zipped up too. Get the staff to take photos for you, they should have no problem doing that. :)

The medium doesn't look crazy tight but its hard to judge from your photos. How did it feel? Maybe you can give a little more descriptive feedback and it sounds like you need to spend a little more time trying jackets on until you are really sure.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will do - just some $15 Zara beaters

I hear you.

If you get one of those All Saint's jackets, I would wear it with something like RRL's olive cargo pants and either sneakers or black boots. Would move the outfit away from the SLP look, which I feel has been copied to death.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Looking for advice on a moto jacket. I have narrowed it down between these 2 Allsaints options. Ignore the outfits but which of these would you choose based on fit and look?

1. Tyson - softer leather and a matte appearance; minimalist look. Less of a slim fit but still slim.

Is it too big? It feels like a good fit and I think the angle of the photos makes the length look actually longer than reality.

2. Wick - more bells and whistles and a shiny appearance; slim fit. Not sure how I feel about the belt and more sheen.

I feel with the Tyson non belted lesther I can just toss it on over a tee. Whereas with the belted jacket it might not look as good with just a tee.

I'm personally a bit of an AllSaints hater but I prefer 2 over 1. Seems to fit better and the slight crop looks good. It's tough to judge correctly considering more effort has been put into the entire outfit as well.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@clarksdb

Really tight fit stuff is hard to pull off if you are muscular because most of the slim fit stuff is designed for men with small shoulders and chest. The result is stuff that fits tight on your chest and arms and loosely through the stomach and waist which I think ends up looking worse.

That being said if you can find something that fits skin through out while still constable to nice in and know a leather alteration place that can adjust the fit you might get lucky.

I personally just aim for a straight fit

PXL_20211009_224016995.MP.jpg

The leather above is a custom modification of an existing pattern. And even this isn't perfect!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually thought about trying xxl and xxxl women's leathers that are fairly unisex in design because women on average have a significant drop from shoulder to waist but never actually tested out my hypothesis ha!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads